House Upper

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mims, Nov 8, 2022.

1. Mims Augur

Why was this zone changed? It was intentionally created with no see-invis mobs, including named mobs. Now there's tons of stuff that sees invis. What was the rational?
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This was a side effect of mob body type changes that happened a while ago.
  3. demi Augur

its been awhile but iirc I remember being attacked by mobs in Upper with invis on many times .. there are some mobs that SI .. I could be mistaken though its been a long while ..
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Yes, there were some who did see invis. But if you were just traveling through to another zone, those paths were pretty much safe.
  5. Mims Augur

No, it was definitely by design that no mobs saw invis. I remember the dev post. Their reasoning was that the zone was used almost exclusively to get to other zones. Now their are a lot that see. Not just a few off the beaten path. I'm just curious why they changed it.
  6. Iven the Lunatic

Reading can help. :p
    As it is many months ago since I was in that zone I dunno which mobs do see invis now but an Invis vs/to Undead spell in combination with invis might do wonders.
  7. Zunnoab Augur

Fun fact: Upper House actually originally had mixed aggro types. Feedback during that beta reported that the reported adjustments to the mobs to allow normal invis actually didn't happen. A developer dismissed that report and insisted they knew they made the change. Yeah they made the change... to the raid instance is my wild guess since it launched with no safe normal invis paths to the various zones. Then after launch they fixed it so the static version had paths to the zones without SI. (I'm not bashing the dev in question; it was just a very memorable incident to me.) That is, unless my twelve year old memory is wrong. House of Thule still feels shiny and new to me...

We've gone full circle now.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

This is what happens when the devs have knee-jerk reactions to issues that aren't really issues and use a sledgehammer to "fix" a minor problem without giving a second's thought to how it will affect the entirety of the game...because they don't care. It wasn't just Upper Floors that got borked because of the body type changes...it was basically the entire ToV expansion.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It isn't fair to call the body type a knee-jerk reaction when we don't know the reasonings behind the change and what it was fixing.
    Stymie and Zunnoab like this.
  10. Zunnoab Augur

This makes it clear why mass changes are so dangerous, but I understand trying to preemptively ensure proper mob types. Of course the beta mobs in fact not starting with the proper types is a head scratcher, unless work on those mobs was actually done before the mass changes and those weren't applied to beta or something.

Go become a billionaire with your mind reading abilities, or realize it's silly and rude to proclaim what others care about.
  11. Duder Augur

You type very well for a twelve year old. =P
    Smokezz, Nennius and Iven like this.
  12. Zunnoab Augur

I walked right into that. :)
    Duder likes this.
  13. Mims Augur

Anyone know if this change also affected Shellscales in Morrell's Castle? I have an alt working on the HoT hunter achievement. I can't seem to get beyond the forest area, and I don't remember those shellscales seeing invis, and being unmezzable when the zone was current.
  14. Zunnoab Augur

I don't remember which mobs in particular, but I remember having to be careful in that forest.