Buff Wizards

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mongol311, Nov 6, 2022.

1. Mongol311 A really bad wiz

Dear Devs,

It's been at least 2 years since you nerfed wizards into the ground. The buff hammer is long overdue. Please let us play our class competitively again. I will send each member of the Dev team $100 on cashapp if you buff wizards.

Thanks ;-)
    Yinla, Dre., Joules_Bianchi and 3 others like this.
  2. Tucoh Augur

Don't worry, bud, they are on it! Aristo posted this last night in the beta forums!!

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...velopment-status-thread-updated-daily.285932/

He also buffed the new Composite
    and now it'll be higher DPS than the normal spell rotation depending on what ADPS buffs you have, maybe enough to even warrant a spell slot!

I'll be waiting to hear if you've sent out the $100 to the DPG devs.
    Vumad, Knifen, ChiiChii and 1 other person like this.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

New Depart is our self-evac? I must admit, it is one of the few spells where recast-time was not an issue... Not just because of zoning times, but because the second time you cast it, you just arrive at the same safespot again.

If you need to evac twice in a 10 sec timespan, then nexus-gate is a better option...

I haven't memmed depart since we got our instant-cast evac AA and Abscond-AA.
  4. Mongol311 A really bad wiz

It's great to know they're focused on the important things...
    Coagagin, Tatanka and Jumbur like this.
  5. Raltar Augur

6. kizant Augur

Not that wizards don't need help but what nerf are you referring to? The proc change has been partially made up for and not the cause of what we have today.
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Maybe gives us wizards some group buffing spells? :p why not haha
    Joules_Bianchi and ChiiChii like this.
  8. Highwizard Augur

Chill fellow wizzies, I have been super involved and very noisy on beta trying to get us some love. Kizant has also been amazing with actual data. We will get a sprinkle of love before and after launch. I have it on good authority wizard dps is going to be adjusted untill its fixed. Devs working on it.
    Waitwhat, code-zero, Coagagin and 2 others like this.
  9. Highwizard Augur

The new composite spell will also twin cast now its been verified by kizant and myself. Its possible it will get another tuning pass to make it more relevant who knows. But the composite fix is very unlikely related to wizard balancing thats likley being left to another dev who IS working on it as we speak. What exact changes that will be made to our aas is yet to be known, and more changes will be after launch.
    Coagagin and ChiiChii like this.
  10. Tucoh Augur

I also recommend chilling. I just started a 3x mage group and don't need the translocate / dps hybrid wizard class diminishing my mages potential by rabble rousing while devs are balancing classes.
    Mongol311 and Sancus like this.
  11. ChiiChii Augur

I mean...if we got druids, shamans, necros and clerics who can rez. Why not dish out more of the hybrid abilities to wizards? like COH perhaps? :p :p (pipe dream)
  12. Xurn Journeyman

"Highwizard, post: 4178172, member: 443033"]Chill fellow wizzies, I have been super involved and very noisy .

Yes he has....LOL
    But noise aside, what we have seen in Beta for wizard to the positive includes some boosts to AAs such as destructive adept and the focus to ethereal spells over and above the standard increased amount that other spells are to receive.
    Composite fire has also been increased, but imho remained to be determined if the new damage amount, even with twincast, is worthwhile given its high mana cost and lengthy cooldown.
    Waitwhat and Coagagin like this.
  13. Szilent Augur

I suspect it's not true that you have that message on good authority.
    Duder and Fintank like this.
  14. Annastasya Augur

Please, give Wizards some love. It's their time to be in the sun again, and compete for top parse spots. Seems like it's been a very long time since wizards dazzled anyone, and that's a shame.

What else do they have? Kiting, teleports, evac-ing? i would love to log in some day during the next expansion and go: "Wow! That wizard sure blew the hell out of that mob that has seven trillion hitpoints."

And then i would turn back to the mob i was killing with single 1hb swings of 2k and slow expensive nukes for 120k crits.
    Coagagin likes this.
  15. Iven the Lunatic

Mongol311 promised $100 for each dev. Should be $2,800 iirr. :cool:

Gratz devs ! :)
  16. Flatchy Court Jester

Just make a new threads when wizards are working as intended again. I put poor lil Deiter out to pasture but the Beastlord. I find his ports to Bloodfalls and Shadow valley helpful but that is about it.
  17. Mongol311 A really bad wiz

$2800 IS CHEAP. I am dead serious. Sold my part in a private company this year, happy to splash cash at EQ devs in exchange for 1337 DPS ;-)
  18. Mongol311 A really bad wiz

But we're wizards, rabble rousing is what we do. That and complain. Because our complaints are higher DPS than our spells.
  19. Mongol311 A really bad wiz

I mean it was a lot of things, but roughly 2 years ago was when it felt like the wheels came off the bus. Lag, proc nerf, other classes being buffed away etc. Raid guilds aren't even taking wizards right now, there is no endgame for the class, it's dead in the truest sense of the word. Been a lot of talk and promises for the last couple expansions, with no love. I've kept my accounts active in hopes things would improve but it just feels so bleak. Can we get a small update maybe? Even a tiny morsel of info would be very welcome.

As far as composite, all I have to say is, ewwwwwwww ;-)
    kizant likes this.
  20. Gnomeland Augur

Even if wizards are fixed in the new expansion, what's annoying is that the changes are almost never applied back into previous expansions, so we have serious gaps in class progression.
    Yinla, Iven, Mongol311 and 1 other person like this.