Vaniki AA exp rate

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by yourStationaccount, Oct 28, 2022.

1. yourStationaccount New Member

The current exp rate for AA on Vaniki is incredibly low. On past servers there have problems with the AA rate being broken, could you please check if this is happening on Vaniki?

If this is the correct rate please consider significantly increasing it. Most raids from this point on are going to require the entire raid to use glyphs. At the current exp rate that's about 4-5 hours of exping per boss pull which is just absurd. The challenge of the server should be killing the bosses not figuring out how to play 20 hours a day.

Possibly related somehow? There are supposed to be exp increases in DoDH and TSS. Someone noticed there are in game messages about the exp increases however they come with the wrong expansions. Might not a problem for Vaniki since we get multiple expansions at once but could be an issue on other servers.

[Thu Oct 27 17:00:12 2022] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>: As the barrier to The Serpent's Spine weakens, knowledge gained by experience increases.
    [Thu Oct 27 17:00:12 2022] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>: The barrier to The Buried Sea has been breached. Make haste, many new and exciting adventures await you in these foreign lands!
    [Thu Oct 27 17:00:12 2022] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>: True box has been removed.
    Brontus, ShaggyG, Skuz and 10 others like this.
  2. TowerEQ New Member

There's no question that something is broken with the AA xp rate on Vaniki- it is currently absurdly low.
  3. Cassiera MOAR DoTs

Yep. At 65, killing lvl 77-80 mobs, with a 25% xp pot, I'm seeing about 10% of an AA. That seems crazy low.
  4. Mesanna New Member

Very slow. Someone should definitely look into this.
    Brontus likes this.
  5. Ratalthor Developer

I moved this discussion to the TLP forums as it is not a bug. This is something the design team can consider.
    Nennius likes this.
  6. Dewd Master

It's a feature!
  7. Magician9001 Augur

I'm pretty sure there is a bug TLPs are supposed to have Live experience rates after TSS launches. Vaniki isn't getting live AA experience rates. Seems correct for normal XP though.
  8. ShaggyG Lorekeeper

I have heard that in the past this can get broken and the devs needed to fix on other TLPs, on mischief for instance I was getting roughly 12 AAs in a lesson burn before DODH which is supposed to have an exp bump. Since DODH came out, the increased AAs, burst of power, etc have resulted in a lot more mobs being killed in my lesson burn but still only getting about 13 to 14. I think a dev might need to look at both servers and make sure the exp bump is turned on for AAs (regular seemed to move pretty quick when I was leveling a new pally, but I don't have a frame of reference since it's been months since I first got to 70).
  9. Zinkeh Augur

Will definitely want to look into this for Yelinak before Luclin lands. Server moves way too fast to acquire the appropriate amount of AA before PoP hits without paying for PL or being in game WAY more than isbhealthy.
  10. ShaggyG Lorekeeper

I think you're not understanding the problem here Zinkeh, there is supposed to be an xp bump in dodh (mischief) and TSS (vaniki), yelinak won't get their first bump until GOD. I'm getting the same % per kill in the nest on mischief that I was getting before dodh dropped. People on vaniki are probably getting even less than that because their server likely hasn't picked up any of the xp boosts for AAs. It seems to be fine for regular xp, my pally flew up in levels getting to 70, but nest xp was 6% (roughly) per kill during DON and is still roughly 6%.
  11. Zinkeh Augur

Ah, I did see that it was tied to later expansions but was also saying that it should be increased regardless, hehe.