Tradeskill combines coming out backwards

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Myysterio, Oct 29, 2022.

1. Myysterio Journeyman

Not sure why this was done, but tradeskill items come out backwards success or fail, since the last patch. It's quite irritating.
  2. Hegsheoshed Augur

I am not sure if you mean the blacksmithing hammer is showing on the cursor first before the item being made. It now has me hitting the Auto Inv key on whatever trade skill container I am using the then just dropping the item into whatever closest open bag I have empty. In a way it does sort of defeat having an /autoinv hotkey and 2 quick taps on the left or right arrow keys and this is only when I am making a small amount of stuff to feed to another trade skill. There may be a reason due to the progression servers or the loss of tool items that weren't supposed to be lost.

It makes reading comprehension more important now that you have to see in your chat tab that you had a successful combine instead of the visual gratification of the item on your cursor.
  3. LesserArchi Elder

I see what you mean, few days ago, thinking something was wrong but now realizing the things are coming out in different order. It would be better if the finished product comes out your cursor first rather than the tools.

Noticing something else, been awhile but I cannot access the receipts, etc. from the container. It just shows open container with combine option and click on the container again and it closes. Before it used able to access receipt window but it does not anymore.
    (Edit: CTL-Right mouse click made it work)
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

Not a bug, but intentional design.

If you have access to Beta, there's a thread about this where Ngreth explains it:
    "There were changes to how tradeskills work for data integrity. As part of those changes all results have to be in item ID order."

Basically for some unknown reason, they now have to return items based on the item ID number, not on the order we've been used to for years. Apparently, that change got pushed to Live servers.
    Mukkul likes this.