Would you play on a "Legends" TLP?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gnomie, Oct 18, 2022.

1. Numzan Augur

Aye, it is a very tough industry right now. Funding for even other games has been rough. Now i see China has restricted even Tencent from doing too high business.
  2. Mossaa Augur

How much more? 5 times more?
  3. Xhartor Augur

Didn't the devs poo poo this idea when they did that AMA a few years back. The bulk of the server population was whining for special treatment all the time.
  4. Stymie Pendragon

If my memory is correct, it was $50 a month. It was the same experience as a regular server with a few guide events sprinkled in. It wasn't worth the added cost to me, and it didn't feel "Legen, wait for it, Dary" at all.
  5. Mossaa Augur

How much do you think the staff should be paid on the legend server, and how many players do you think will play there. If its 1k players at 50 $ a month is like 50 K usd a month - normal cost on server 10 k, so you have 40k a month - could prob max pay for one guide, and some admin time, and that one would need to be split into 4 as EQ runs 24 hours a day (you would need some time where they cannot be online.), 7 days a week
  6. error Augur

While I think there's room for some really cool GM events in EQ, especially if they're willing to disrupt normal gameplay in specific zones for prolonged periods of time, I kind of doubt their ability to carry through and provide enough meaningful content to justify even an extra fiver, let alone $50/month.
  7. Mossaa Augur

So then you do not want to pay, then you do not get it. Easy, problem solved
  8. Quik Augur

It would be interesting. I played the legends server for about a month, but it wasn't worth what was being paid for, for me.

I personally don't think it would have a chance at succeeding now personally though.

Most games are going free-to-play in some form, with in game purchases, I really don't see today's MMO players willing to fork out 49.99 a month.
  9. error Augur

Uh, I guess? Title of the thread is literally "would you play". Simple answer is that if they were going to charge the price of an entire AAA game a month then I would expect a solid 20-40 hours worth of additional content every month on top of what the base game provides.
  10. Mossaa Augur

All would play on a server with more content than the base game.... any other would be stupid. :) the base game does not provide 20-40 hours a month for long. So guess you would need to fund it with quite a huge boost in subscription price. You can play through the base game in like 60 hours or less, if you do not factor in the weekly raids.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That is no accurate in the slightest as it all depends on what that extra content is and how much it costs. If you are not interested in any of the extra content there is no reason at all for you to play on it. Same could be said if you think the extra costs are not worth what you are getting.
  12. Mossaa Augur

You're missing the point. I Quoted Error's post where he said the title was "Would you play". In that context I think all or most would play on a server with more content. But as I try to say, More content than the base content = more cost than the base cost and in that aspect you have a point and I agree on that point
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I think you are missing the point, just because there is a special legends server doesn't mean that everyone wants to play on it. Sure you might find that a lot of people would want to play on it but that does not mean you can claim all would want to do which is what I was pointing out.