Limes missing on Olwen?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sissruukk, Oct 28, 2022.

1. Sissruukk Rogue One

This is the second time this week (after patch on Wed, and today) that I hit Olwen right after the servers came back up. Either someone is beating me to the limes, or they are missing. Is there a patch note I missed, or has anyone else run into this?
  2. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Blimey! Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action.
    Stymie and Tatanka like this.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

Can't speak to other servers, but on Drinal there most definitely someone who is logging in the moment the server comes up and buying up all the limited supply items. A couple of times, I've gotten in less than half an hour after they come up and the stock is already sold out.

Limited supply items on merchants, with no way to restock them (like the ore quests on smithing merchants), other than a server reset, is stupid and lazy game development.
    Agrippa, Elyssanda and Sissruukk like this.
  4. Sissruukk Rogue One

LOL, yeah, the only reason I asked is because it is just the limes that are gone. Lemons are untouched, figured both would be bought out.
  5. Coagagin Guild house cat

Check the bazaar for people selling limes and lemons. Usually doesn't take too much effort to ask around and figure out whose alt is buying everything up. I see this with HQ ores and what not.
    Iven likes this.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I know who is getting them on my server. Its the baz trader that is asking 10,000 plat each orange and 1,000 plat each lime. But they never sell any.

At least I can forage the limes easier than the oranges. Lemons are on other merchants and do not sell out.
  7. Stymie Pendragon

Sounds like someone had a 12 pack of Corona to me :)
    Rijacki and Sissruukk like this.
  8. Brickhaus Augur

I think you are inexperienced at this...

...lemons have been unlimited in PoK for a long, long time so why fill an inventory slot...

...real vendor surfers would know when the raid guilds raided on their server so they could hop to /picks that would form as the raiders waited at the npcs in WW. I'm pretty sure I still have over 20k limes and medicinal herbs from CoV primary raiding. It wasn't that hard.
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Its stupid they put limited items on the vendor. You know someone will just goto it and just buy all the stuff wish they just take the stuff off or make them unlimted.
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

For a limited item its way too cheap. People can buy out the vendor not because they need that many but just to keep others from getting it. Raise the price so they have to think twice about buying all of them or make it no trade that way they cant resell it. If this game wasnt so touchy about new code Id say the vendor should auction them to the highest bidder.
  11. polpoll New Member

There is no solution to this problem. if there is a money (plat) making scam guaranteed someone has thought it up and is doing it. There is no way to program against creativity, hence why the UFC games are garbage
  12. Petalonyx Augur

Svann2 just posted 2 solutions.
    Tatanka likes this.
  13. Flatchy Court Jester

1.Some people have way to much platinum so you would have to raise it incredibly high.

2. Making them no trade would not stop someone from buying them all anyway. You dont have no limes you cant make the goodies to compete with Mr Lime buyer.

Some people just like to be the burr under the saddle.
  14. Velisaris_MS Augur

They just need to add that one "dropped/foraged" ingredient to the Overseer reward for each expansion, and the problem is solved. Limes, oranges, ice of velious, habanero pepper, etc.

I mean, they already reward all of the other ingredients to make stat food/drink (RoS food/drink only requires the OS rewards and storebought materials). At this point, it's just ego and/or spite that prevents them from adding the other materials.
    Kaenneth, Jumbur and CatsPaws like this.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This is the perfect solution. That way anyone (well anyone over level 85) can do Overseer and get a couple limes or oranges here and there to make their combines. Wonder how we can ask them to do this? Like start a post and everyone sign it?
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

LOL, with habanero peppers coming from PoK (foraging), and that being the one zone I'm in more than any other, really no need to add THAT one to Overseer ;)
    Elyssanda and CatsPaws like this.
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Yeah, if they did this, I'd actually stop cramming non-stat food, and just make all the stat food I need. That would be an awesome addition.
  18. Velisaris_MS Augur

You still have to sit there and forage for them...an artificial time sink. Even with 2 foraging toons, with max forage and luck, it still takes me forever to get enough to even just make a few stacks (which I split between 3 primary toons).

The game is more than 2 decades old and is clearly on cut & paste maintenance mode, as far as new content is concerned. The idea that any kind of "sink" (time or plat) is necessary in today's game is laughable. Leaving artificial sinks in the game, like limited vendor items, is a result of either dev ego, or to flat out spite the players. All of the artificial sinks need to be removed and just let the players have fun.
  19. Benito EQ player since 2001.

That's a disproportionate amount of negativity over limes and oranges in a video game (which can still be obtained through the original primary method of hunting as far as I can tell).

I don't see a bug report (or official response to shoot it down). This thread seems to be early iteration feedback request. I don't think you're helping the cause by attacking devs or cutting down the game.

A pixelated avatar suffering from scurvy is bad news for the metaverse, though.
  20. Tatanka Joe Schmo

The other thing to remember is perspective.

If you can't obtain the current "best" food and drink, the ones from the previous expac (or two) probably give just a couple hundred less HPs and a bit of AC. When you look at current totals on max level players, it's not really a very appreciable difference. Just do without. Enough people do that, for long enough, and Mr. Lime Hoarder has no reason to continue with the practice.
    Svann2 and Nennius like this.