2 Million Plat Bazaar cap??

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bobohizan, Oct 27, 2022.

1. Celephane Augur

A new currency won't help anything. Every vendor deals with money at it's base value, coppers. If you understand how computer numbers work, that top value is the number of coppers allowed using the current programming in the whole game.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

Yes the bazaar is a big part of eq - even without 2M+ pricing. Stuff selling for 2M+ is a small part of eq. Thats the point.
  3. Tappin Augur

It's fine the way it is, unless they can find away to permanently remove baz bots.
  4. Bobohizan New Member

They designed the entire bazaar around the way you play a game and there's a conspiracy to keep it archaic to keep you trapped into paying money? Just listen to yourself man, you sound incredibly foolish and you might need a break, you sound like you're trapped in your own mind. The game is OLD and the bazaar is outdated, period. Players would like it to be modernized so that we can start to sell things on it that we otherwise can't.

And that list of "things" is growing and growing and will never stop growing.
  5. Strife Lorekeeper

Seems like you could just let people list something for idk a Platinum Doubloon or w/e and the Platinum Doubloon sells to random NPC xyz for 2 million plat.

So I could sell something in the bazaar for 5 Platinum Doubloons or 10 million platinum.

Please note i also think platinum doubloon is a stupid name. But having another currency you can buy stuff on isn't a huge thing lmao.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If it was that easy why did they not add Nobles to the bazaar after they added them to the game?
  7. Bobohizan New Member

Yeah exactly, some others seem to think the Nobel could be used as well. Although, it needs changes in order for it to work.

1) Add something to the Bazaar as a currency. We'll call it "X"
    2) Sell X's at a vendor in the Bazaar for 1 million plat and allow an equal sellback feature.
    3) Players list high value items in Bazaar for X's
    4) Players buy high value items in Bazaar for X's

Why could or couldn't this work? it would solve the problem here.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Unless they tell us we will likely never know what issues it has that prevented them from doing it at that time.
  9. Bobohizan New Member

True, and that's part of the reason why I started this thread was just to get the discussion going. Just getting people talking about this will get it visibility and hey, who knows. Maybe someone from the game will chime in for us. Or, we win the lottery and have thought of something they just haven't thought of yet and they implement it in the future.

Regardless, it's a good thing to talk about problems in a constructive manner.
  10. Coagagin Guild house cat

Lots of suggestions to raise the bazaar limit but just how far should it be raised? Is 50 Billion pp too much or should it be even more?

- Coag
  11. Bobohizan New Member

If they can accomplish moving it in the first place, how much doesn't really matter as it can be moved again. To hear people say "it's too hard" is discouraging, that's mind blowing to hear actually and even more mind blowing that people accept that answer.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They have explained why there are issues with the change as it will impact pretty much everything involving currency and merchants in the game and there are a lot of risks when dealing with a change touching that much in a game this old. When they get around to making that change it is unlikely that they will ever have to worry about it hitting the cap again.
  13. Bobohizan New Member

Can you link or provide the source so we can read exactly what they've stated?
  14. Herf Augur

I'm shocked, shocked do you hear, to learn that 20 years of inflating coin, DPS, and Hitpoints has resulted in a messed up live game. I mean, who'dathunkit?
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The search function on the forums sucks but there has been many threads about this over the years with information on it.
  16. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I am on team "this is the player's fault." It's not the devs job to cater to the bleeding edge of Krono and plat farmers. Even if the devs raised the cap to 10 million or 50 million plat in the bazaar, they would rapidly be beset with calls to make it higher. If I was in charge, I would just keep it at 2 million and make the farmers work to keep their prices inflated. If there are suckers with cash to burn to pay the farmers, good for the both of them. The rest of us peasants will just muddle along as we always have.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This doesn't the impact that you are thinking and it just makes it much harder for players to sell anything that is a valuable item. Either they have to keep sending messages to chat channels to find a buyer or they have to accept getting nowhere near the value for the item.

Most likely when they do the fix it will be by upgrading it to a 64 bit variable which means we will likely never see this issue again. The reason we have this issue now is because it is using a 32 bit variable and we are hitting the max value allowed by it.
  18. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Hitting 2 million plat for the average play who doesn't play bazaar quest is harder than you think.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Getting an item that sells for over 2 million plat isn't as hard as you think on some servers. FV is a great example of that with all the raid loot that can be sold for well over the 2 million cap. Sure not everyone is impacted by the issue but there are a decent amount of items that can't be sold in the bazaar because of the cap.
  20. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

What does it mean when you say " You can't even buy an in-game Krono from Everquest"
    You can't buy Krono from daybreak store on FV server?

Now then, "On Friona Vie where I play the average Krono alone sells for 6.7+ million plat" this pisses me off because we got a guy camping at the big bank offering 3.4 mill per krono for MONTHS now.

The game needs to do something about this, this is crap here.. Get a life. Plat farmers !??

Now then, your complaint has NOTHING to do with bazaar. NOTHING..Basically, you want an easy way to become a plat farmer.

I believe Krono should be a 1 time trade.