Mischief 6 Box

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pickaname, Oct 27, 2022.

1. Pickaname New Member

I’m sure this is asked a lot, but here goes again. About to start on Michief and was curious on some 6 box opinions.

1. SK (locked)
    2. Bard (Locked)
    3. Shaman (Locked)
    4. Cleric (Locked?)
    5. _________?
    6. _________?

Opinions?
    Bewts likes this.
  2. Handstuff New Member

There isn't really any reason to have both a Shaman and a Cleric in the same group, in my opinion, but I guess it would give you a pretty big safety blanket.

Definitely pick more DPS. Personally I would go with something like SK, Bard, Shaman, Zerker, Mage (DPS + COTH), Druid (DPS + ports + emergency heals).
  3. Gnomie Denser than most

My current group is:

Paladin
    Bard
    Shaman
    Druid
    Rogue
    Monk

Had zerker instead of rogue, which actually is more functionality and snare, but I just really enjoy the rogue. Plus as a SK you don't need snare.

I was running cleric over druid, but now that reptile is out, druids just get a ton more functionality in the long run. (lot of synergy with my paladin since Reptile crit heals for like 1k off the paladin heal AA's) Clerics are still crazy good with their divine arb and group heals, but my paladin can handle group heals alright.

I've run beastlord, wizard, necro in that second dps spot, but always come back to 2 melee because it's way easier to autoattack and forget. Problem with casters is you have to go on that computer and hit spells to do damage. Hitting one button and being 90% efficient with /autoskill and autoattack is way easier.

TLDR: All that being said...If i were in your shoes, I'd probably run:
    SK, Shaman, Bard, Cleric/Druid, Berserker, Monk
  4. IheartEQ Elder

5. Mithra Augur

Seen quite a few double Monk in a 6box crew, and honestly why not?
    Appren likes this.
  6. Gnomie Denser than most

Yep, paladin is a gnome. Honestly paladin or SK both shine, but I really prefer the paladin. I don't really have much of a snare class right now, but when you can stunlock mobs, they never make it far. Plus paladins get the best root in the game, hands down.

I mained a druid on guild raids GoD, and it was the weakest healer by far of the three. Was decent, but still a bit weak on some heals in OOW. DoDH really improved it with reptile. Later on it's super convenient to have ports and buffs from a druid.

Even on Coirnav when I mained a warrior in my box crew, I dropped the cleric and went druid in Seeds of Destruction.
  7. Pickaname New Member

I haven't played much past PoP so not having a cleric makes me feel really weird. Can a druid main heal through content like a cleric could? I have also never played a Berserker, so it sounds cool and all, but not sure if I want to invest that much time into a box to learn a new class.

Might go with SK, Bard, Shaman, Cleric, Monk, Monk/Berserker

Someone sell me on dropping the cleric
  8. Gnomie Denser than most

I six box'ed Rikkukin and Kessdona with my paladin/druid based crew in era. Was able to 6 box anguish mini's and Chailak / Feratha in RSS. Honestly, without the paladin, a cleric may be preferrable just for group heals if you're going to be doing one-group raid content to challenge yourself.

Keep in mind though with Reptile. Reptile counts as healing coming from the tank, so really helps with AoE aggro as well. Not that you need it with a SK.
  9. FranktheBank Augur

Zerker and monk..

You just need 2 dps. Zerker is okay atm, but going forward it will get better. and in PoR you get an aura that you keep using until live.

Rogue is terrible to box, so that leaves mnk/ber..
  10. FranktheBank Augur

There is definitely a reason. If you want to 6 box some of the hardest content, going forward, you'll need to be able to heal yourself on the cleric while slowing with the shaman.
    Appren and Handstuff like this.
  11. ZapansEQ New Member

Running your set up with two monks now: Sk, sham, cleric, bard, monk monk. Really strong and viable in end game / small man type stuff.

It depends on what you like though, of course.
  12. SoandsoForumUser Augur

Frank covered my points. I run War/Clr/Shm/Bard/Zerk/Monk.There's plenty of interesting content or challenging named's later in the game where you really want two healers, cleric can drop group heals while the shaman slows and single targets the tank. Divine arb + cleric 2.0 are amazing for the distracted boxer as well.
    FranktheBank and Handstuff like this.
  13. feclar New Member

My thoughts from GOD/OOW/DON/DOH if you ARE trying to 6box raid targets.

My first group
    • Pal
    • Brd
    • Shm
    • Bst
    • Ber
    • Mnk
    There were many targets I was unable to take down (75% best-in-slot gear) that other 6 boxers could take, so I made a new group
    • War
    • Brd
    • Shm
    • Clr
    • Ber
    • Mnk
    IMO this is the ideal 6box group as it is maximum DPS in the current era's with 2 healers.
    Some thoughts
    1. Misc = Bard + Shaman is critical
      1. BRD Group reliable invis, group movement/levi, group levi click
      2. BRD MAX RESISTS ALWAYS
      3. BRD Epic group DPS click + overhaste always
      4. SHM = Long duration slow and best slow (enc is enough but duration sucks)
      5. SHM = Many buffs have no equivalent anywhere close to the shm
      6. BRD & SHM = both have proc buffs that stack that give considerable DPS
      7. BRD & SHM = Harmony of Sound + Tash stick + Malo/Malosini = slow.
        1. Many mobs are unreliable to slow without all 3 debuf types.
        2. Bonus SHM GOD BP debuf for a 4th type
    2. Heal = Two primary healers is critical
      1. Cleric CH is darn mana efficient, many targets I cant do without its efficiency
      2. Cleric group heal more importantly group cures!
      3. Often will need to be healing not-the-main-tank at the same time as main tank
      4. Double heal wards & radiant cure will make some encounters easy or possible
    3. Tank = WAR > SHD > PAL
      1. War non-defensive is noticeably better tanking mitigation than my PAL
      2. War defensive allows some encounters I cant do with PAL
      3. SHD spells/proc's & epic work better to tank raid targets than paladin
      4. SHD snare is great if you dont have ber/rng/dru
      5. 4+target agro, SHD>PAL>WAR. However I can reliably control 4+ targets with a war, it does take 10 seconds longer than a knight but the war tanking superiority is worth it.
      6. PAL is maybe plausible if you refuse to have a cleric
        1. does have typ2 hp buff
        2. without cleric you will be out of buff slots needing 3 buffs to get close to the cleric 1buff
        3. Group heals are reliable (with AA + DON) but Cleric Group heal+cure is still needed.
    4. DPS = Melee = MNK + BER/RNG/MNK/ROG
      1. Caster DPS takes more attention and is currently CONSIDERABLY less than melee.
      2. Pets, these die too often on raid targets even with group heals/bard resists
      3. MNK+BRD splitting ease is unequal so a monk is worth having
      4. MNK dps currently is top tier by a considerable margin
      5. BER snare is top tier (rng AA gets resisted often and spell has a cast time)
      6. BER group EPIC DPS bump is worthwhile forever
      7. BER tends to be higher DPS than RNG/ROG
      8. RNG -vs- BER... rng type2 hp + atk buff is nice but I prefer the higher dps and more reliable snare of berserker. There are clickies your War/SHD can get for type2 HP buff.
    So you have to figure out the 4
    1. SHM & BRD. The reduction of effort is worth it every time
    2. Heal = SHM + Cleric/Druid
      1. Cleric = divine arb & epic FAST group saves + divine intervention
      2. Cleric = most mana efficient main tank & group healing + group cure
      3. Druid = Reptile line and better HP buff + Ports
    3. Tank = War
      1. War = /disc makes things possible or easier with less effort
      2. Pal = if you refuse a cleric then Pal+Dru+Shm
      3. SHD = if you refuse a warior
    4. DPS = whatever you want
      1. MNK + Ber is highest DPS with 6 currently.
  14. IheartEQ Elder

15. feclar New Member

Trio is a different story, you wont be focused on raid targets as much
    You need to find as much DPS as possible, you may be able to do some raid targets and probably can do all group content with the trio

There are a few routes I would consider, as mentioned shaman is OP so building around that

Shaman route....
    1. MNK tank, for the 3rd i'd probably go monk or mage, the monk will be faster exp but mage would be better healing with 2 healers and pet tanking.... 2nd monk would be double /disc whirlwind thou.. hmm
    2. Mag tank, mag+shm is pretty powerful due to 2 healers.... 3rd another mage for 3 healers!
    3. PAL tank, monk as 3rd.... buff's combat rez, early on rez, 2nd healer will allow some content not possible without it
    4. SHD tank, classic duo, there is probably content SHD can do that monk cant in a trio but I'm not convinced and would have to see it. I think two monks would be better.... Later expansions Ive only played to DOH, dont know if this would pull ahead of the monk tank past DOH
    Non-shaman route
    1. PAL+BST+BRD, healing is going to be rough but its possible, BST is a lot of fun and covers a lot of bases at 50%, Pal with extra HP buffs and primary healer, for sure content you wont have enough healing for or enough DPS
    2. MNK+DRU... 3rd i'd go BST for slow and extra buffs maybe 2nd healer with pet tank but I dont think till later BST pet is a worthwhile tank (i've not tested mine). Optionally could go BRD, I use BRD slow a lot and its pretty darn good but BST would be better option for DPS + BUFFS IMO
    3. ENC+CLR+? .... I've had an enc clr duo and found lots of things I could not do due to lack of charmable mob... mainly OOW content and GOD group progression
      1. having a melee would be too intensive
      2. 3rd probably mage, this would reduce the issue I had with the ENC+CLR duo by having a tank when no pet available
      3. NEC... enc benefit of mana reduced, pet cant really tank
      4. BRD... i'd prefer the mage, not enough DPS here and you have most covered with ENC already
    4. MAG+MAG+?.... no rez no buffs I dont like it... for 3rd another mage or necro, prepare for deaths... BUT! easy to make a group... make friends with any tank/healer/slower and you are good to go
  16. ZapansEQ New Member

Depends on what you want to accomplish and which era.

My preference for utility and power would be shaman (or cleric), tank (recommend SK for dps and taps), and a monk for dps.
  17. IheartEQ Elder

18. feclar New Member

I suggest trying to keep races together for cultural armor reasons, this is something I realized I messed up on once you get to DOH and beyond

For the 3box i'd go iksar mnk/shd/war+shm+mnk, you could also consider ogre or troll with berserker instead of monk.... if its classic start you may not be able to get iksar or berserkers for top dps+shaman....
    If classic I guess i'd go barb war+shm+rog or go the caster route mag+enc+clr
  19. IheartEQ Elder

20. Scrubzero New Member

Thank you all very much for this thread. I’m on mischief as well with limited play time and have an enc/clr/mag trio at max level that I’m about to expand. I’m likely adding war/mnk/shm and also adding a bard to the enc account. Maybe I’ll make a ber on the mage account too to swap as I’ve never played one. I’m 99% sure I wanna go war over sk. Am I really missing anything there? War just seem to be able to do so much more? The only thing I fear is positioning that many on truebox. I guess we’ll see how it goes!