advice for leveling up a heroic?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Svann2, Oct 26, 2022.

1. Svann2 The Magnificent

Im thinking of leveling up a 85-heroic mage. End result is he pet tanks for my bard. Whats a good path to leveling him? Keep in mind until he is ready to tank it will be my bard tanking. Well geared, but struggles on names. For the purpose of leveling up the heroic I probably could not tank current missions or even recent missions.
    edit: oh this is 2 boxxing the mage and 120 bard
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

Overseer.

I will now run far away.
  3. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea what i did til 90 then grouped with my ranger killing humanoid mob worked well til like 108-109 then i went overseer again although when i did this last time they changed my mob to non humanoid :( I dont know centaurs are half human kinda stupid.
    LesserArchi likes this.
  4. Celephane Augur

Go to Frontier Mountains. From 85-90 do some bard DS stuff so all the mobs attack you, mage can rain out of group. At 90 put mage in group, stay in FM until mage is about 108. Go somewhere better.
  5. LesserArchi Elder

Agree with Andarriel,
    I would level your 85 toon in relatively safe area until level 90 for grouping.
    And go to town in Shards Landing, slaughter stuff there until exps drops off.
    Then head to Great Divide and start killing stuff there, bears, dwarf, Icy skelly thingy.
    I would watch out for the nasty dots and AE nukes. AE nukes can take out the lowbie.
    Also, level up the Overseers. Worth it for level 110'ish.

Been leveling up my new group toons slowly, getting too darn old to starting up a new box group.
    4 x 120, and 4 x 110 level toons. Racking up the AA is going to be pain in the rear.:(:(:(
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

Is it worth doing merc/partisans in the older expansions - RoF, Cotf, TDS, TBM, EOK?
  7. demi Augur

its worth doing merc/part from CoTF on up .. I believe that is where the Heroic AA's start and although they are probably small gains when you add them up they do help alot .. or so im told .. i still need to go back and do mine .. ive only done the heroic AA's from ToV on up so mine are only at like 26/60+ or something ..
    Svann2 likes this.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Kill mobs, preferably dark blue ones.

Keep Overseer on cooldown.

Do quests, trying to complete merc/partisan/hero/savior achievements for various level appropriate zones.

Complete Teek quests daily, while you're in the right level range to do that.

Find a decent place to burn Lesson of the Devoted each day (Teek quests are a good place for that).

It's really not any more complex than that. Unless you're committed to setting speed records, then you have to do more homework and use leveling guides and all that. But it's not required.
  9. Alnitak Augur

In July I have made a few alts and level them up from 1 to 120. I've made a log of my progress. check it out, start reading from post #19 when the alts turned 85 on Day 9:
    Leveling up alts on live server
    85 to 90 will be a problem for you, because you can't group with lvl 120 for a direct PL.
    From 90 to 100 CoTF, TBM and some other tasks are quite effective as a PL strategy.
    Once the mage dings lvl 100 go straight to Eastern Wastes and start doing Mercenary/Partisan progression in ToV. If you can do missions and TA the mage, then doing ToV Icebreaker + ToL Paragon will get the mage from 100 to 116 without a bonus experience, higher in Bonus season. then from 116 to 120 during the current bonus experience for another alt by doing ToL Champion with Overseer and collections boost.
    Svann2 likes this.