Ranger/Wizard Questions

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Avaryne, Oct 26, 2022.

1. Avaryne Journeyman

So, I’m playing on Mischief, returning from a small break and I’m trying to decide how I want to move forward since we’re coming up on and then the new era of TSS. I’ve always liked the idea of wizard, even though they have their issues, but I also enjoy the capabilities of rangers, and I’m a sucker for a good bow.

When TSS hits I know casters will see a noticeable bump, but that’ll also translate to hybrids as well. I’ve heard TSS to about RoF was good for wizards, so I’m hoping someone can confirm this or give an opinion on it. Im also curious if anyone has a time line for when rangers alternated between melee + ranged with expansions. Do they stick to range in PoR etc. If anyone has any insight into the two classes moving forward I’d love to hear it!
  2. Mrjon3s Augur

If Trueshot is up you use it if not you melee.
  3. Bewts Augur

I’ll be honest with you, to really maximize a Ranger you will need to be very particular about gear choices you make. I’d suggest planning out the choices ahead of the expansion so you’re not upgrading slots 2 or 3 times.

And yes, you will bow when it’s time to use Trueshot and the remaining time you will melee.

Comparatively on gear I’d suggest a Wizard may be comparatively easier to gear.