With 25th anniversary so close, what would you all love to see?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by CapHerm, Oct 10, 2022.

1. Shillingworth Augur

Some of the recent "fixes" to be re-examined by a more experienced developer. The forced window mode instead of implementing an updated fullscreen window mode. Boats casting levitate on me instead of actually fixing the collision mesh. That kind of crap that wouldn't even fly on a noobie's github project.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Some of the fixes seems to just be "workarounds" rather than actual fixes. It sometimes makes me wonder if they have a longterm plan for the game...
    Their "fix" to bloom, was to disable it...
    Their "fix" to boats were translocator gnomes...
    Their "fix" to water reflections was to ignore it...
    Their "fix" to TBM scaling seems to be halfway missing...
    Their "fix" to breaking fullscreen initializing was to disable it(as you mentioned)
    It is beginning to look like a pattern...:oops:

There are so many broken features we have just gotten used to not working for years...And the temporary "workarounds" have become permanent...
    EQ1 could clearly use more devs. A 25 year old game deserves to feel polished...
    Ndaara, Stymie, Arkanny and 1 other person like this.
  3. Annastasya Augur

a class rebalance! /dodges tomatoes and debris
    Waitwhat and JeffHanson like this.
  4. Iven Antonius Bayle

The bloom lighting effect is still not fixed because the vertex shaders do also create a strong bloom effect. It does not appear equaly on all items but the 3D model of the Grey Wolf Saddle does still look horrible from the direction of the sun light source just as in the past few years with different graphical hardware. The broken fullscreen initializing is the workaround for the broken gamma effect that occured on some hardware setups. Until the 64 bit update that was fine but then things went out of control so it might be a driver compatibility problem. 99% of the EQ files are still based on 32 bit but everything else is based on 64 bit. It seems that just a software controller/translator got placed inbetween by modifying parts of the client into 64 bit.
  5. Arkanny Augur

Unreal 5 remake! Dreaming is still free right? A buff to wizards too, since we're at it =P
  6. Cadira Augur

Class balance and no raid lag.
  7. Shillingworth Augur

Bloom isn't disabled. I can turn it on and clearly see it is working. Just can't use it around really bright light sources because the game has no tone mapping at all. Tone mapping is what many modern games use to scale the overall intensity of the scene based on how bright the lights on-screen are. Can kind of add it to the game with vkReshade which makes both bloom and advanced lighting usable but without built-in support no way to stop the GUI from contributing to the tone map.
  8. Vlahkmaak Augur

Ashes of Creation has already been announced... :)
    Nennius and Brontus like this.
  9. Vlahkmaak Augur

TSR-80 Color Computer FTW!!!
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Actual honest-to-goodness class-development as opposed to a diet of 100% durum wheat copy pasta.
    (Dzarn is a freaking hero btw)

Larger Expansions
    (yeah I know, I know, resources, shmesources)

Drinal
    (Let's go already, it's time to go to the Moon that's actually visible and spank some great-spirits, can't have them sufffering FOMO forever)

Add a new zone or a few from the original map(s) that are still not in the game.
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

pvp focused
  12. Waitwhat Elder

14th spell slot
  13. birdsong_pawn Augur

Bring back Tanarus.
  14. Mluian Journeyman

Fan Fair resurrected
  15. Apricots Lorekeeper

AoC is a ffa non-consensual pvp game with lineage 2 like rules. hard pass.
  16. GlassDeviant New Member

Bring back the RoF bundle, or make the Collector's Dimensional Case available as a separate item, or make a new collectables container.
  17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Well, we do have 2 others already:

Only available once a year : Deep Caverns Collector's Case

In the meantime this one is from ROF and you get it for doing all the collects. You can get collects from Overseer and baz
    Fear Collector's Case
  18. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Would be great if they used Tavid Dennant again in the Guild Lobby for collectible storage.
  19. Dharken Elder

No kidding. Collections bloat the game storage sooo much.

I'd take this, or something like an alternative currency page for them.
    Coagagin likes this.