Erudite Heritage Crate Spoilers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ZenMaster, Oct 13, 2022.

1. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Erudite Heritage Crate. Data from EQResource:

Illusion: Paineel Skeleton Guard/Ancient Skeleton

[IMG]
    Pic: Allakhazam

Mount: Runic Cazicite Steed

Teleports:

• The Ruins of Old Paineel
    • The Stonebrunt Mountains
    • Toxxulia Forest
    • The Warrens
    • Erudin
    Familiars/Pet Illusions:
    • Templebound Spirit
    • Kejekan Kerran
    • Kobold Whelp
    • Enchanted Tome
    • Crumbling Gargoyle

Disclaimer: The armor ornaments are based on Velious armor textures. Individual armor sets may be better or worse than they appear. It is advisable to wait for screenshots.

[IMG]
    Pic: P99 Wiki
    Deux, Hobitses, Iven and 4 others like this.
  2. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Think we have enough skelly illusions already was hoping for something different. Cant wait to see what the mount and pet illusions look like.
    Hobitses and Strumph like this.
  3. Riou EQResource

The Mount should be the same model as the Darkpaw one:
    [IMG]

But instead of the purple, it's like greenish and chain like armoring

Pet Illusions are all existing models, I think
    Deux and Andarriel like this.
  4. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Since people didn't realize it from previous crates:
    Suits of armor starting with "W" are female armor graphics.
    Suits of armor staring with "M" are the male armor graphics.
    Deux and Flatchy like this.
  5. Flatchy Court Jester

I know there is one troll alt out there who is very embarrassed about his armor now.
    Wdor, Hobitses, Stymie and 2 others like this.
  6. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

How do the teleports work? Individual from bag, Placeable in GH and useable by all?

What would those sell for (roughly) on a live server like Drinal?
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

If the port clickies are like previous ones, you can place them down in a GH for everyone to use. If you click it from your inventory, I think it has a 20 hour cooldown. If you place it, there's no restriction.

To be honest, those port locations are kinda sucky. There are already have 2 PoK stones that go to Toxx, and the Gunthak stone takes you to Stonebrunt. The one for The Hole might be moderately useful I suppose if you're leveling alts. I'd be curious to see where it puts you down.

I think only collectors would pay for those. On Drinal, I know of a couple of people that used to pay pretty good for the crate stuff, but I don't think they're even playing anymore.
    Hobitses, Coagagin, Fenthen and 3 others like this.
  8. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Thank you!

Old Paineel and maybe Warrens would be my only interest. From a role-playing point mainly, my guild is the Paineel Book Readers Club.

Those usually take you to the Levant/Evac point of the zone?

And in truth I haven't been playing either, don't even have EQ installed on any of my many pcs right now. But I keep looking for something to bring me back.
    Hobitses and Stymie like this.
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Any idea's on the rewards for collecting all the ports and familars is?
    Hobitses and Fenthen like this.
  10. Morrigan Bowjobs

But if you notice that is a classic skeleton model. So, unless it's a mistake then that is one people have been asking for a long time.

Although I would be skeptical since the lizardman originally posted in one of these threads was shown green, but the actual one was brown. So here's hoping it's the old model and not another current skeleton model which thare are already half a dozen.
    Hobitses and MasterMagnus like this.
  11. MageGuy MageGuy

Skel and horse? Comon team dbg! :p Suppose I'll save some money this go.
  12. Iven the Lunatic

Very nice set of illusions ! I hope that they are bound to classes but that would be a novelty.
    • Templebound Spirit (NEC SHD ?)
    • Kejekan Kerran (DRU ?)
    • Kobold Whelp (BST ?)
    • Enchanted Tome (ENC ?)
    • Crumbling Gargoyle (MAG ?)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tombs_of_the_Blind_Dead
    MageGuy likes this.
  13. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Which of the Teleports is the Achievement for having the others? Or is that not listed and you need all 5 of these for it?
  14. Fenthen aka Rath

You generally need all 5 teleports to unlock a 6th.

You can take the Paineel stone, run 20 feet to the zone line, another 10 feet forward and you fall into the Hole. Really not that bad. ;)
    Hobitses likes this.
  15. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Teleports to Miragul's Nightmare, Erudin Burning, and Al'Kabor's Nightmare were missed opportunities.
    Hobitses likes this.
  16. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Port in to Brell's Rest (clicky TP item or GH) and run 10 feet into the hole also ;)
  17. Velisaris_MS Augur

That's why I'm curious where the Hole clicky ports you into the zone. If it's just one of the normal zone in points, then it's just as useless as the other crate items.
  18. Sindace Elder

Seems like the weakest crate to date. Idk why the Erudites get shafted like this. Clicky locations are terrible, illusion blows- i have several skelly illusions as do many people, if that's the horse...meh. Hard pass all around.
  19. Strumph Augur

Seems like it'd be a perfect time for panda illusion!
    [IMG]
    Wdor, Fenthen, Deux and 3 others like this.
  20. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I'm guessing the Erudite crate is a more conservative offering to avoid any "racial" undertones. They probably don't want a poor connection between the illusion or mount to go viral on Massively.

I do think that some of the teleports could be more spicy (at least 1 teleport to Al'Kabor's Nightmare).