Sub-Max zones

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xhartor, Oct 14, 2022.

1. Xhartor Augur

As Luclin approaches for Yelinak, it's time bring up how sub-max zones should be move to a release point when the content the useful.

Everquest has a number of zones (or zone revamps) that were release for portion of the player base that below max level. This section of the player base was very large for the original release of these zones, however on TLP's these are zones go largely unused. Moving them up would offer a wider variety of zones for player to hunt in.

Suggestion:

With Luclin:
    Cazic-Thule revamp
    Chardok B
    Legacy of Ykesha expansion.
    Plane of Hate Revamp
    Sol C
    Veksar

With Planes of Power:
    Veeshan's Peak revamp
    Ragnoruk and Brildon like this.
  2. Brildon Augur

Not a terrible idea, not sure how releasing xpacks out of order works, and if some LoY spells in luclin would be consider out of balance like cleric temp
  3. Ragnoruk Augur

I don't think having Temperance in Luclin would be out of Balance. Clerics already have Aegolism in Velious which is more HP & AC.
  4. Brildon Augur

Yeah some of the cures from LoY would probably be the most useful gains from having LoY available
  5. Xhartor Augur

Spell wise the larger impact would be from pure blood cure spells. Or the Bard quest for the remove curse song.

I can only think of 1 encounter in Luclin where curing poison/disease would have any impact (TVK in VT), it would help with a few traps in Ssra. Other stuff in Luclin is cursed based or uncurable.

The Bard curse cure song would be help early in Luclin, until guilds have a chance to get a copies of the cure spells.

I don't think any of that game break, when the return would be more engagement with the content.
  6. Trebla7th Augur

I'd rather see a more sensible stagger than releasing all at once. E.g., 2 weeks after Luclin, add Veksar, Char B, Hate B, etc. 2 weeks after that, add LoY. This keeps them "in era" with Luclin while not providing the overbalanced items until the expansion's had a little bit of soak time. It's definitely a shame that some of these zones go unutilized.

I realize that's a much more technical change than just associating those with existing checkpoints.
  7. Xhartor Augur

Most of these are exp zones and expansion has it's biggest push is at launch. When everyone runs to GE or IC/OC in Velks to exp (Inner AC mean fighting with chasing shards on launch and Chardok is to mush hassle for most to run too). So having the additional zones would be a benefit at launch. Also some of the raid content in those zones, is most usable loot and time wise prior to getting VT access for most guilds.

An example of this:
    Breastplate of the Healing Waters off Garudon in Veksar.
    This is a really good BP for a guild in Velious. While a guild is still working on VT access it's the worth time to go get. However once you are in VT, it's no longer good enough the guilds more limited timetable. Luclin has 4 plate BP's that are clearly better.

In LDoN when Veksar currently unlocks, it's straight up junk.