Raid Loot in next expansion.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Windance, Oct 11, 2022.

1. Windance Augur

Has anyone seen any information about what we can expect in the next expansion?

Will NoS follow the ToV -> CoV ; ToL -> ???? pattern we can expect the T2 raid to be player made with raid drops to produce the best in slot items?

Will NoS follow the ToV/ToL drops with 1/2 ores, or the CoV pattern with 2/4 drops?

Thanks!
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

Assumedly 100% yes, there's no reason to believe they have the resources to come up with something different after 6 years.
    Andarriel likes this.
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

You know pre-order JUST opened up, and I think I remember raid gear not being finalized until later in last years beta. I know the chests were seeded with placeholders until late into beta. CoV dropping extras was a mistake, I dont think they meant to multiply that much but just left it in for CoV.
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

CoV doubling loot was because of the merchant prices being doubled. Then they realized "well that just makes no sense" and corrected it in ToL.
  5. Duder Augur

How was it corrected? Drops and prices are the same as CoV, what am I missing?
  6. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Can we just get fixed Luck stat rolls yet? I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone that has done the combines to raise the Luck on an item.
    Duder likes this.
  7. Cannikin Augur

CoV ores started at 2 per chest, increased to 4 in June.
    ToL ores started at 1, increased to 2.
    Duder likes this.
  8. Qimble Augur

Hopefully it's closer to CoV than ToL. ToL loot drop rate was bad. People would be outraged if it was a meaningful upgrade over CoV.
    Duder likes this.
  9. Duder Augur

Is that when it was? For whatever reason I thought it was ToV when we got four. I will take your word for it. I became very detached with the live game during cov due to my disdain with server performance as well as my activity in my tradeskill empire on TLP. Thanks for the ole brain refresher.
  10. Qimble Augur

ToV had giant masses of t1 loot. If you auctioned it off you would spent approx forever dealing with 18 different pieces of loot that by the end of the xpac no one wanted on mains or even main alts that somehow all also had different luck values.

CoV had much less t1 loot, but started at 2 ores and doubled to 4.

ToL also had "less" (compared to ToV) t1 loot, but started at 1 ore and doubled to 2. ToL also as just very very tiny stat increases when compared to cov t2, so almost no one wanted it unless they didn't raid much in CoV.

I'm really hoping they don't do initial 1 then later 2 ores for NoS unless they decrease the vendor cost for them or increase raid currency per win. Or heck, double ores twice so we have 4 for the last few months of the xpac to make it easier to finish gearing out people who can't raid every night / returning members.
    Duder likes this.
  11. uberkingkong Augur

Thinking 100k each for the merchant items is fair?
    Its end game after all and having more plat than the bazaar limit which is in the millions.
  12. Cannikin Augur

Fenthen is talking about the raid vendor where raid currency (not plat) prices in CoV (and ToL) were double what they were for equivalent items in ToV.

Initially they were actually 2.5x the ToV prices, but DBG decided that was too extreme and lowered it to "only" 2x.
    Duder likes this.