Being able to sell at Bazaar for $5 to $10 without subscription.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Scott Mullenix, Oct 14, 2022.

1. Scott Mullenix I like troll sk, troll shaman, and ikzar necro.

I'm not able to currently. Then I can get plat for defiant that I have been keeping.
  2. Cicelee Augur

So that I understand...

You have a box account that is nothing more than a bazaar mule. And you would rather spend $5-10 per month for this toon to never leave bazaar and do all your selling of items instead of spending a krono or $10-18 per month on a subscription? Or am I reading into this wrong?
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yeah he wants a $5 or $10 Perk that will allow him to sell in the baz. For a month. I doubt he has a paid main. Most likely all F2P.

Not a bad idea - I mean financially it makes sense because they like to offer stuff that is way over valued. Esp when, like you said a player could just buy a subscription for a month for $15. This way they could sell a ton of temporary baz accounts and get more money from unsuspecting players.

Hate to tell OP this but that defiant does not sell for big plat. On some servers you would not even break even
  4. Cicelee Augur

From a business perspective, the concern would be how many current accounts only do the bazaar thing, and how many would they add if they introduce this?

Example- say there are 1000 accounts that pay a Krono a month just to be a 24/7 bazaar mule. That is $18,000 a month revenue for DBG. Let's say 200 people would create an account and pay $5 for a bazaar mule. So that is $1000 revenue. However, those prior 1000 accounts would no longer use a krono for this, and instead pay $5 for a mule (hypothetically of course, some may have hundreds of kronos that they can justify using that for a bazaar mule). They now spend $5 a month, giving $5000 revenue for a total (with new people) of $6000 revenue per month. A far cry from the $18,000 DBG was making before.

The opposite works too, of course. If 10,000 players want to shell $5 a month, now there is $50k revenue per month. A win for DBG, far greater than the $18k that happened earlier before. Only DBG knows the real numbers, we just speculate at them.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Wow, thank you for that math. I never realized only 1000 bazaar account would bring in that much $$$.

Maybe all those farmers are not so bad. They support the game much the same way real farmers support our food chain
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

A yearly subscription only runs you $9.99 a month and lets you sell in the bazaar along with all other subscription benefits.
  7. Scott Mullenix I like troll sk, troll shaman, and ikzar necro.

I was thinking going for spending only like $20 for unlimited selling Bazaar without subscription.
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Automated scripted competition on the cheap. No thanks.

The bazaar is for players. These type subs would be for non players.

...message ends...
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I don't see that as ever happening as they put limits on what you can do for free for a reason.
  10. Cicelee Augur

A one time fee of $20 for a permanent 24/7 bazaar mule? When DBG knows people who want that would pay $120 per year minimum for that service?

El. Oh. El.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

wow talk about cheap lol. I made 3 accounts for selling so if dbg did anything like that they would lose alot of money and there are lots of accounts that are for buying trading only. as long as i make enough to buy a krono a month per account im good.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Cicelee like this.
  12. Cicelee Augur

Imagine if there is 1000 bazaar mule toons on a box account out there. At minimum, that is $10k revenue per month if they go for a yearly sub. If they do Krono, that is $18k a month. This guy wants those 1000 players to spend a one time purchase of $20, resulting in a one time revenue stream of $20k. Even if another 10,000 people decide to do a one time $20 thing, that is $200k. Add it to those that switched, that is $220k.

After 12 months, those original 1000 bazaar mules paying with Krono would have generated $216k revenue. So after one year, OP idea is making a net loss for DBG. And after 18 months, the company is permanently losing money by this idea.

So yeah. I am pretty sure DBG would rather keep those 1000 bazaar mule year sub/krono subs than do this. There is a reason why lifetime subs are no longer available, because immediate influx of cash pales in comparison to future yearly revenue.
  13. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Life time subs was a big mistake there losing money on those. Think they just needed money real fast for some reason. Instead of getting lifetime sub i got the golden armor and golden 40 slot bag. I dont mind supporting EQ. totally agree with what your saying some people just dont think and are being cheap. I have merchants perk on all my accounts hoping oneday they even increase that.
  14. Cicelee Augur

IIRC when I did the math back when they were announced, I felt it was financially viable for them only if the game would end within three years from that time frame. After three years they will start losing potential revenue on a monthly basis. I believe we have reached that point of lost potential revenue.

And didn't they offer something like 4000 lifetime subs? Assuming those 4000 are still playing, they are now looking at a minimum monthly loss of $40k per month if those players bought the annual sub. If they went Krono/monthly then that is $72k per month in lost potential revenue.

Yikes.
    Andarriel likes this.
  15. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I got a lifetime sub; I use the money saved for another monthly account I wouldn't otherwise keep active.

Setting prices on items is too much like work, I want a 'match lowest price' button.
  16. uberkingkong Augur

Says $5 or $10 to sell, not monthly $5 or $10, not perk for this.
  17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

or maybe he means for one night? A year? He doesn't say one way or another.
  18. Angahran Augur

You'd pay $10 but cant get $16 together for a subscription ?
  19. Scott Mullenix I like troll sk, troll shaman, and ikzar necro.

For the AAs and more zones, I could do it later.
  20. Loup Garou De loop de loop

So you want it to sell all that defiant you have stashed. What are the prices currently in the baz on your server for those items? And how fast do they sell?

And a subscription does not get you more zones. Expansions give you zones.