More PvP enabled areas

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by uberkingkong, Oct 11, 2022.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Players don't want PvP at all, they don't care if it is restricted to certain zones or not, the fact remains that they don't want to take part in PvP at all. From what I have seen it is just a small but vocal group that keeps asking for PvP and they are never able to prove that there is any large support for it.

Honestly looking at your suggested areas for PvP it just seems that you want to be able to grief people with PvP who play in popular areas. There is no reason at all for anything oustide of the arena zone or an arena area to have PvP in EQ.

Also I could be wrong but can't they just wake the sleeper from an AoC instance and get around your PvP solution?
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

No.

There are barely 20 PvP players in EQ who want this, it's a complete waste of effort.
  3. Elemental Augur

What nobody understands is that PVP is balanced. lvl 120 Pvp is balanced what do you expect people to spend an hour killing people in PVP at lvl 120 like WoW? This is how Everquest has balanced pvp. There wouldn't be any changes needed to a TLP from the PVP code that is already enabled on Zek. Nobody would be forced to play on this server just like nobody is forced to play on any Everquest server.
    A TLP pvp server wouldn't take players from Zek because the people who play on Zek don't want to play on a TLP. The people it would attract are the countless people who don't already play Everquest regularly that are going game to game trying to recreate the nostalgia they experienced while playing Rallos Zek, Tallon Zek, or Vallon Zek servers. The thrill of excitement when you run into PVP and come out victorious. The feeling of pressing / every 10 seconds so you would know just exactly when someone enters the zone with hostile actions. These feelings you cant recreate on a TLP.

It would also attract all the current Everquest players who are originally from those servers who still continue to play on the TLPs and are looking for a new experience rather than the same TLP recreated the past 5 years over and over again.

Automation would get wrecked by PVP, wrecked by other automation and create one very fun server.
  4. Magician9001 Augur

Then why are boxers all so scared of the notion of a PVP server. Everyone in this thread saying "People don't like PVP" are same group of people that want truebox removed from TLPs and perma defend boxing. The reality is boxes are awful for PVP. Which is why all of you are so scared to death of one.

Live EQ is for people so much further on the spectrum then us. Zek is a non-option.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Sounds like you have never actually played on a PvP server as EQ has never had balanced PvP due to the way they have designed things from the start.

This thread is about making PvP areas on a non PvP server which would be forcing people to PvP. As for a full PvP server the devs have repeatedly said what needs to happen before they would consider one.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

No one is scared of PvP, they just don't like it especially in a game that it is pretty much broken. If someone wants to play PvP there are plenty of other games out there that were designed around the idea of PvP from the start and actively work on keeping it balanced.

If the people asking for PvP could actually show that there was a large demand for it the devs would be more willing to consider it.
    code-zero and Skuz like this.
  7. Elemtal Lorekeeper

Pretty sure I have played PVP servers substantially longer than you have. Since 2001 so 22 years of PVP experience here.
  8. Elemtal Lorekeeper

9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If that was true you wouldn't be making claims of EQ PvP being balanced when by the very nature of class design it is not balanced. There are classes that can solo entire groups and others that can't do anything in PvP outside of a group. That very fact means that it is not balanced.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. TheRealMuramx Elder

PvP in EQ is absolute trash. It would need a complete overhaul to resemble something that would draw enough people to warrant putting it in the game anywhere but Zek and those empty arenas. I recall the few times I did PVP, it was a bunch of melee classes jousting each other, utility classes hitting people with debuffs then running away and 1/3 of the classes being useless because 90% of their spells wouldn't work on PCs.
  11. Magician9001 Augur

It's the same 10-15 people that spam in these post that non one likes it.
    It's a 1000s of different people that have said they like it over the years in threads like this.
    You're just a scared of PvP server. It would be a popular server and you know you can just lord over people with your box crews on it. That's the only reason anyone ever says anything negative about PvP.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

We can point to the fact that the only EQ PvP server and the only P99 PvP server have a serious population problem. We can also point to the fact that an event was held to show interest in a PvP server and it had a very low turn out. Or the fact that when we had a PvP section of the forums it was filled with complaints about the issues with PvP. The devs have even stated what it would take to get them to consider a PvP server and we have yet to see any serious action taken to show that there is interest and demand for a PvP server.

I don't care at all if they make a TLP PvP server as I would not play on it anyway. The only issue I have is them spending the time and resources to make a new server that evidence indicates would be dead on arrival. Even if they decided to make a TLP PvP server they would only make one and the other one would be used by all the people who don't want to partake in PvP.

You keep claiming that people are scared of PvP when they have no intention of playing on a PvP server in the first place. People just don't want to waste dev time and resources on a server that shows no evidence of succeeding.
  13. uberkingkong Augur

disagree

You're not talking to me, but I agree with Elemental and Magician to an extent, I agree that early EQ is balanced PvP wise.

Why do you keep talking in 3rd term. You are not considered players, you are not considered everyone.
    Start talking in your own terms, not for everyone else. Let the other people say what they want to say.

Also, why you double post again. Isn't that against the forums to double post??? No moderators here moderating you or what? You've double posted several times in page 3, makes me think you even triple posted. Mods?
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The fact that that both the only EQ server Zek and only P99 server are very low population gives a lot of evidence that EQ players don't want. You want to claim that PvP is popular in EQ then you need to provide evidence that isn't from decades ago or when the game first launched when the playerbase was very different then it is now.

Also I am not double posting at all just responding to different posts.
  15. Magician9001 Augur

That's a falsehood not a fact. Rallos was the most popular server when live was in like SoV-OoW. Vallon existed because Tallon was so popular Sony needed to create and overflow server 99 Red was also very popular until it was stuck in Kunark for 5+ years. No logical reason to think a PvP server would do worse then Selo and Vaniki.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If it was the most popular server why did it get merged into the Zek with all the other PvP servers in 2005? There is a reason why the PvP servers have lost all their population over the years and it shows that PvP isn't in demand from the player base. The popularity of the past has no bearing with todays player base.
    TheRealMuramx likes this.
  17. Magician9001 Augur

Because in 2005 they did a massive amount of server mergers cause the game started dying off after GoD. At EQs peak population Rallos was the most popular server. Vallon was in fact created as a overflow server because Tallon was so popular. First few years after it launched 99 Red was more popular then all the special ruleset TLPs besides Mischief/TB have been. You're just talking out your .
  18. TheRealMuramx Elder

I laughed hard at this....

I have to stop right there.... this isn't "Runscape."

Outside of this being blatantly false. WoW, Runescape and EQ are all different games with different mechanics. PvP on WoW has been steadily going down for years now. Runescape... well its Runescape, using it as an example is like comparing a Capuchin Monkey with a Lemur. They are Both monkeys but not the same species. They are both mmo's, but not even close to the same style.

I have to agree with one of the pervious posts. People they try so hard to get PvP added to force PvE players/servers into PvP are doing it for only 1 reason. And to be frank your "list" of places proves it. You just want to grief people. PvP is and always has been broken, thats why there is only 1 server for it adn thats why barely anyone is on it.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Corrections.

20. code-zero Augur

You've made the grievous error of conflating boxers with botters. As a boxer myself I'm not afraid of PvP at all. I'd not want to get anywhere near a bot crew in PvP though.

Now I would love to ask why Zek is not an option? Open world PvP there with I believe a 5 level bracket. I'm certain that the only reason the PvP advocates don't want to go there is because they'll be facing experienced EQ PvP players who will kill them off fairly quickly. You and the others calling for PvP TLP have no CV that I've seen detailing how you'd possibly know how to engage in PvP as there's no server out there providing you a place to learn and practice the skills required.

There are active PvP players on Zek and I have never, ever seen any of them pitch in to advocate for a PvP TLP and I suspect that I never will.
    Waring_McMarrin and MasterMagnus like this.