Night of Shadows Beta and Pre-Orders

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Oct 11, 2022.

1. Accendo Guest

[IMG]Ruinous circumstances are brewing in the shadows. Are you ready?

We’re just going to let this speak for itself before we dive into details.

[IMG]

Night of Shadows beta is upon us, and we couldn’t be more excited! Don’t believe us? Check out the beautiful expansion page we launched today!

Beta started today and if you’d like to jump in with others, please head to our pre-order page to reserve your copy of the expansion which will instantly grant you access to Beta. Pre-ordering also grants you three Petroglyphic Weapon Ornaments. Once you’ve secured a copy of Night of Shadows, you should also immediately gain access to the Beta forums as well. If for any reason you cannot see or post in them, please contact Angeliana via private message. Beta testing for Night of Shadows will end once the expansion is ready to launch. You can learn more about how to join beta by clicking here.

Will you be able to overcome the shadowy forces responsible for all the turmoil? Only time will tell, and that time is now! To all of you who join us on Beta, thank you for taking the time and for your feedback. There will, of course, be a beta reward. To all Norrathians, we have one tip: When all else fails, seek out the Vah Shir.

Happy adventuring, y’all!

Be sure to follow us on social media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Discord.

Hobitses, Drakah, Skuz and 4 others like this.
  2. Tankkin Journeyman

Looks like the tradeskill depot will be available on TLP servers? Is there a certain "expansion" when this unlocks?

Because if not huge perk for tlp players to actually buy the expansion.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Features like this usually unlock with the purchase of expansions , TLPs got the hoard previously when they purchased the expansion
  4. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Tradeskill depot sounds amazing and hopefully fixes one of my biggest problems with the current game (inventory management of tradeskill items.)

Curious to see how it really works in application.
  5. MischiefTLP Augur

Tradeskill Component Depot Slots 250 to 490: every server?
    Tradable: Tradeskill Component Depot Slots 20 per: single server?
    Yinla and Hobitses like this.
  6. Deloehne Augur

Might want to rethink the hashtag NightOfShadows, which is in use by a cosmetics convention or something like it.
  7. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

The part " You can learn more about how to join beta by "

Takes you to https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-beta-how-to-participate
    That says: " If you don’t already have the beta launcher, you can directly download it here. " Clicking the link does nothing. Google Chrome. Right clicking on it and "Copy Link Address" then pasting it into a new window, then downloads the file.
    Atlans likes this.
  8. Tankkin Journeyman

The point is it says claimable on tlps so confirmation would be nice either way.

Not to mention they have been adding lots of things to tlps that were previously locked behind things in future expansions. Buying outside of baz. Agro meter etc. if it was actually usable on tlp more would buy the expansion and be a great move.
  9. Pelrond Elder

I'm sure those 20 slots will be up for sale in the store eventually. $1 per slot? Per 2 slots?
  10. Accendo Guest

Thanks for pointing this out. I had to scramble a bit to figure out what was wrong, but that link should now be working correctly.
    Veteran_BetaTester and Fanra like this.
  11. Neskwik New Member

Will we still need to purchase Luclin? or will pre-order unlock all previous expansions?
  12. Handstuff New Member

I can't figure out why it won't let me post the screenshot, but you receive all previous expansions at the time of purchase.
  13. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Every expansion you buy (or at least the last five or so that I know of) gives you all previous expansion content.

Note I bolded the word content. That's because you get all the content but you do not get, for example, Familiar Key Ring slots if you have not purchased Empires of Kunark. You get the Familiar Key Ring with zero slots and you may then purchase some slots in the Marketplace.

You may not get the non-content stuff, but it's still a nice deal to get all the previous expansion content with one purchase.
  14. Drakang Augur

Since the BETA seems to be up. When will the BETA forums go live?
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They are live, but if you were logged into the forums before preordering you need to relog.
  16. Gabrieles Lorekeeper

Beta forums are live if you are able to log onto beta and not see forums log out and back into your account on forums.
  17. Drakang Augur

Thanks. Out and back in did it.
    Yinla likes this.
  18. Rondor Augur

In the original post, clicking the second picture attempts to load a wallpaper-sized screenshot from here:

Code:
    https://assets-qa.daybreakgames.com/uploads/dcsclient/000/000/253/241.jpg
    However this server is not reachable via public Internet.

If I remove "-qa" from the hostname in the link then it works:

Code:
    https://assets.daybreakgames.com/uploads/dcsclient/000/000/253/241.jpg
    ===
    Eaiana likes this.
  19. Bubba dawg New Member

On the Friends/family package, what lvl exp is the tradable expansion? For the $110 difference from Premium to Friends/Family i would hope its at least collectors lvl expansion. I have 2 accounts and would normally get 1 premium and 1 collector for $210 but might get the Fam/Friend pack if the tradable was at least collectors lvl .... wouldn't be worth the extra $$ for basically the Overseer Agent Packs and Ogre Heritage Crates.
  20. Accendo Guest

Thanks for catching that! Image file should now be fixed. Let me know if there are any other issues.
    Rondor likes this.