Hunter Achievements: SoV, SoL, PoP, LoY

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by GoldenFrog, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Sputnik_Stan Journeyman

Having a bit of trouble with Thundercrest Isles, Fumi the Valiant spawns where Fumi the Vigilant should be.

Thanks in Advance.

Zevod (Antonius Bayle)

Nevermind, have sorted it out now, you can have either the PH, Fumi the Valiant or Fumi the Vigilant, just have to be patient =)
  2. Xhartor Augur

Is there any trick to getting Doomed Trusik Malcontent to spawn in KT, or do you just need to suffer in that side hallway/room in House of Damned?
  3. Gochan Journeyman

I am at this same point now as well, tried all suggestions here and even camped while the increased rare spawns was active, still havent seen him once!
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

If thats the hut im thinking he spawns upstairs unless im thinking of another mob. Took awhile but wasnt a 60 hr spawn for me.
  5. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

NVM just went back there that was the champion i was thinking. But yea i remember the warlord took awhile probably was like 20-25 for me. Some RNG is plain bad you know how eq works!
  6. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Remind me at raids and we can talk about this!
    Gochan likes this.
  7. Forcallen Augur

I know this is an old thread but quoted you both since people still go back and check out the information you guys shared. To help a lot of others avoid the issues I had wanted to post some additional data.

Gutslitter - is a spider model and spawns with spiders, not undead. The ph he popped from had no other races spawning when I got him so wasn't a case of undead popping while spiders in charge. This Rare spawns at location 1 on Orbitals map or location B on Raspers Repository. Not the locations previously indicated above.

Alchemist Darkfall - is a spider model. This Rare spawns at location 3 on Orbitals map or location D on Raspers Repository. Not the locations previously indicated above.
  8. Orbital101 Augur

There was time when a rare from another race would spawn at another location but you would likely see it spawn at those location more often then not.
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Anybody with some good advice on Field of Bone hunters? I got my 1st one finally in Carrion Queen.
  10. CrazyLarth Augur

have a Tracker in zone with you.

Some zones Named will not pop at where the PH was killed at but a different spot. Not sure about FoB. Fob is a very old zone so I assume the named will be at the PH but remember some PH roam.

Do you use all the sites and understand the sites?

did you know that some custom maps have the Named on them,
    Goods
    Brewwall

do you look for and under stand the mob types your hunting.
    usually Named Beetle will only pop from a Beetle PH.

Do you read the comments on both the ach hunter page and the named page

did you know that allakhazam might have some map locs you can add to your maps or other info
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=8581

remember the dots are where the mob was pulled to and killed at.
    https://eq.magelo.com/zone/78

I like to take my map and after a PH kill create a Map ADD a PH- name of mob on it and create a circle of PH kills and use the tracker to know when to come back and re-kill that 1st PH in the circle.
    add or subtract PH kills as you get faster or get your named to spawn. I would add PP for the collects as I go around the circle to the map as I go.
    Tatanka likes this.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Lots of good advice here, and much of it applies to a lot in EQ, not just named hunting!
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea i know all that stuff ive done a ton of hunters norrathian slayer, moonslayer, dungeonslayer ect. my main playing char is a ranger so i know about tracking ;P know about mobs usually spawn as what they look like body types. I use Zam and Magelo (has kill locations on most mobs or general location) Field of Bone is tough because its a low level zone so alot of the mobs are bout instant spawn but heard about the named ones being like 4 or 5 minutes long. I'll just have to be patient as someone on zam had good write up on burynai cutter and looks like he killed like 75 phs although im sure it might spawn off those rare sapper mobs but be rare off those so ill keep chugging i got 4 more named to do haha good way to kill alot of time.
  13. Sheebea Augur

Howdy all!. I'm in Crypt of Dalnir finishing Hunters. Twice now I have a mob on track. As I attempt to get to it, they "poof" I have not read anything about mob vanishing here. Anyone have an idea? And yeah, I have to evac to get to upper floors to get to em. I've still had them tracked, but poofed after.Tanks, in adv.
  14. Act of Valor The Newest Member

15. Trebla7th Augur

That depends on several factors:
    * Are you willing to take a loss to reset/request a new instance?
    * Can you leave on character at the camp to request and another at the entrance to zone in and check?
    * Are you in era on a TLP or level 75+ on a live server (or further TLP)

Some themes have rare spawns in rare maps that are even rarer because of overlap. Others are more straight-forward. If you take shortcuts and can plow through the zone quickly, it's not terrible, but still pretty bad.

Figure you'll be requesting 100-200 (more if you're unlucky) instances per theme to finish each theme. Each can be as little as a couple minutes or as long as you feel like taking to do the instance.
  16. Thunderkiks Augur

This thread makes it easier to find the instance needed for each named. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/ldon-layout-demystified.242832/

No need to take losses either as these are really trivial at high level, can just plow through. I have a strict rule about that, if I take it I have to finish it hehe =)
  17. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Easy til you get to the Arena then its hell be warned. my ranger ended up doing 240ish missions in commons before he got it but my wiz (this char) took over 400 as i started before i had my ranger doing them. I never quit any missions (ranger still 100% no fails still) and my ranger tracking didnt do the whole zone at zone in. Be none up and then if i run up like a 1/3 of the way up then tracking would show some so you cant just track at zoneline wont work as good and people might think. But it beats doing Jaggedpine Forest :)~
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  18. Knifen Augur

Thunderkiks likes this.
  19. Thunderkiks Augur

Awe, I still luv you! <3
  20. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Andarriel #1 2187-16 Saitton (my ranger) #1 1472-0 total % i dont take losses only losses i got with wiz when it was current and people got tired and logged lol.
    Thunderkiks likes this.