Ideas for the next TLP server.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Monchfur, Jul 28, 2022.

1. FranktheBank Augur

Basically the best core idea to work from imo. Small things I personally disagree with (Like I think GoD is worth 1 month) but a minor disagreement like that isnt enough to crap on an idea.

Besides, it gets rid of the lvl 70 slump, which is just AWFUL.
  2. Treeconix Elder

I'd argue the fact that non FT players outnumber FT players a good 10-1 makes your statement is quite wrong. Furthermore, thornblade is a good reminder to not listen to the playerbase in their claim that FT is super popular. That server has been 24/7 low population since Luclin. Basically the entire population of those interested in a FT ruleset can survive on 2 servers - 1 live and 1 TLP.

Why is GoD grouped with OOW/DON? It's not even the same level era. If anything it should be either a stand alone or grouped with POP/LDoN.

OOW/DON/DoDH/POR can be grouped together for 3 months.

TSS and TBS deserve more than a month.
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Beardsy Elder

<3 Frank. The 70 slump is absolutely unnecessary. GoD having it's own month would be ok I guess, I just think GoD/OoW/DoN could be released and being done in 3 months is more than enough time. DoN/DoDH/PoR imo should be yeeted from existence, but hey, wtf do I know :p

GoD/OoW were originally supposed to be the same expansion but it was too much work to break down in a year. Especially with how broken GoD was. GoD is also a boring expansion.

Btw where the hell do you get that free trade is low pop? Besides FV and Cazic thule, what other servers actually have a decent population? Brell? Bristlebane? I used to play on Luclin and Emarr and they seem to be barren wastelands.

The real question we need answered: Why do they continually release 2 of the same TLP every time? Two Free Trade TLP's was an abysmal failure.
  4. IheartEQ Elder

5. Treeconix Elder

No it wasn't. It was originally being developed as a 70 expansion, but they rushed it and released it as a 65. It still doesn't take away the fact it has since been heavily tweaked and nerfs and now is properly tuned to be 65 content.

Huh? This doesn't even make sense. Where did I say the servers themselves are low populations? Read again, comprehend it, and then reply.

I played on Luclin for many years. It was not a barren wasteland. That's just nothing but libel.

The entire FT-loving world is found on TWO servers. That's all it needs to sustain healthy population. If it needed more, EQ devs would have made more. There are a dozen live non FT servers all of which are pretty consistently medium to high population depending on time of day and year. Come winter, almost every Live server will spike to high from a new expansion launch. The populations of these servers combined makes a mockery of FV.

Do the same math for Mischief vs non FT servers.

Exactly my point. You keep spreading the herd and eventually you get with medium low populations spread all over. Releasing another FT server would just result in the further death of TB and a massive exodus of Mischief. Why would people want to purposely kill the server they enjoy so much just to do the expansions they claim are so dull over again?
  6. FranktheBank Augur

We don't really have the data to support either argument about FT vs non FT TLPs.

We know that Mischief was by far the most profitable TLP, but was that a 1 time thing? We don't know. If they launch another FT TLP in 2023 (which I think would be smart), we can get a better idea.
  7. Treeconix Elder

What data are you looking for? It's common sense. There are a dozen+ non FT servers vs 2.25 FT servers. The population of non FT > FT.

It's also common sense that when you release TLPs with similar rulesets, the people who prefer to just reroll familiar content will leave for the new server in lieu of staying on the current. It's happened already with non FT trade servers. There's no reason to doubt it would happen with FT. By releasing similar rulesets often, all you're doing is killing off the previous servers quicker. The precedence is there, DPG should not again make the same mistake they already did.

Also, I love how you say we don't have the data then have the audacity to claim Mischief was by far the most profitable server. Where is your data for that? According to the talking heads of the forums, Mischief was the anti-bot RMT server. That would, by definition, make it less profitable than a server with a more prevalent RMT population. It may be the most populated TLP ever, at least the longest to last in terms of population. I think Aradune initially competed with Mischief numbers. Most populated =/= most profitable.
  8. Brildon Augur

I just hope they don't do a mischief clone, I enjoy the ruleset as a good number of people do. People that really want that ruleset should just start on Mischief over begging for a new TLP. We are only in the 70s, they ain't missing out on anything they likely havnt done a dozen times.

If they choose to do another FT, don't give it the RLS or double loot. Or if they want to do RLS/increased loot, try it not as FT.
  9. FranktheBank Augur

I'm fairly certain I made it clear why there isnt enough data. We have 1 FT TLP ever (I guess 2 if you count TB). vs many years of normal TLPs. So the real test will be the next FT TLP to see how it does vs Mischief.

Yes, on Live, FT is less popular than normal rulesets, because while FV is the most popular server, it doesnt compare to like Bristle, Bertox, Cazic, etc etc combined. You cant directly compare mischief to like... mangler or aradune or w/e, because of the expac differences

I mean, if you want to dispute the claim the mischief is the most profitable tlp, go for it. But it's basically like the people saying there was no plat dupe lol.
  10. Treeconix Elder

I mean, if you want to just straight ignore trends and common sense, sure, be my guest. It doesn't take a doctorate to know that creating a brand new server with an identical (or near identical) ruleset is going to cause an exodus of people who prefer early era content.

The ruleset in this instance doesn't matter, it's the eras people want to play in. People who like FT + like early eras will naturally leave Mischief. Just like you see with non FT servers. People who like early eras is the constant.

There was most definitely a plat dupe. There is not enough evidence that Mischief was the most profitable server launched. It's the longest lasting high population server, but the peak population of Mischief and Aradune was probably very similar. Mischief did a lot to curtail RMT while Aradune didn't. That would favor Aradune profitability.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I see them doing another set of servers like Mischief in the future, just not yet and I see them waiting until the current ones are further along.
    Brildon likes this.
  12. Tyranthraxus Grognard

A point that seems to be missed often in these debates, is keeping tlp populations high isn't necessarily a goal for daybreak. They want as many people to surge to the new server as possible, that sells more krono and more subs.
  13. Seps26 New Member

14. Seps26 New Member

Thats what WoW is all about ..... why play EQ?.... Go play ez mode on WoW and let folks that want the challenge get it!
    code-zero likes this.
  15. MischiefTLP Augur

Level 50, 1 expansion: 13 months on Live, 4 weeks on Mischief
    Level 60, 3 expansions: 30 months on Live, 24 weeks on Mischief
    Level 65, 3 or 4 expansions: 23 months on Live, 25 weeks on Mischief (because of a patch)
    Level 70, 4 expansions: 24 months on Live, 35 weeks on Mischief
    Level 75, 2 expansions: 14 months on Live, 20 weeks on Mischief

Level 80, 1 expansion: 11 months on Live, 12 weeks on Mischief
    Level 85, 2 expansions: 24 months on Live, 20 weeks on Mischief
    Level 90, 1 expansion: 13 months on Live, 12 weeks on Mischief
    Level 95, 1 expansion: 12 months on Live, 12 weeks on Mischief

Level 100, 2 expansions: 23 months on Live, 20 weeks on Mischief
    Level 105, 3 expansions: 38 months on Live, 28 weeks on Mischief
    Level 110, 2 expansions: 24 months on Live, 20 weeks on Mischief
    Level 115, 2 expansions: 24 months on Live, 20 weeks on Mischief
    Level 120, 2 expansions: 24 months on Live, 20 weeks on Mischief (probably)

Mostly it comes down to realizing that DoN and UF aren't the same. Hopefully the person who realizes this reduces DoN instead of increasing UF.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Beardsy Elder

Because wasting time isn't a challenge. Does EQ even have any real challenges before Underfoot?

Btw you can still play at your own slow as molasses pace, no one is forcing you to rush through content asap. There's plenty playerbase that want these fast TLP's. The only real downside to Mischief is every other TLP has suffered, the long haul to the good content. Even on selos, you could easily take your time and still enjoy the server. These TLP's die off because the time frame it takes to go from 65 to 85 is absolutely insane.

Expansions that shouldn't even exist: LoY/LDoN/DoN/DoDH/PoR. - These expansions are literally nothing but time locked buffer that were probably made by unpaid interns, outside of their "Quality of life" updates to the game itself, these "Expansions" were utter trash. We're talking about almost an entire year of content being a complete waste of the playerbases time.

The grind from classic to OoW is fun, minus LoY/LDoN. Then you've got this stretch of 6 months of snoozefest until TSS comes out, and even TSS/TBS are kinda meh. SoF+ are amazing expansions though. I can't wait for those on mischief.