Finisher animations

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by uberkingkong, Oct 4, 2022.

1. uberkingkong Augur

All the nice and cool games they have death blow, finisher type animations.
    How about this game.

If the code can't do it, how about a new EQ.
    Don't want to keep supporting a game that really can't grow, no potential.

New maps, different grind again and again gets old. I'd like to see some modern day games, cool things to be added in an expansion or game update.

This is what people today, the MMORPG community of today want. If your trying to get newplayers to come play EQ. Step it up in the animations department.

Marketing, advertising this game, isn't going to draw in anyone. You need to make it actually fun. Death blows, finisher animations is what a lot of people really really like in games.

Skyrim? Why is it so very very popular, well death blows and finisher animations is a huge factor.
    Need the update the animations, its been a very very very long time before animations got updated.
  2. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Models can't even ragdoll, and corpses lack collision.

Imagine the mountains of death if corpses always lasted 30 minutes, ragdolled,and piled on top of each other.
  3. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Death finishers make a game fun? what a joke please move on to another game please.
    Treiln, Celephane, zleski and 2 others like this.
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Finisher animations? What is this, 1992?
    Celephane and Stymie like this.
  5. Angahran Augur

You want a new game just to get 'kill shot animations' ?

I'm sure there are games out there with pretty graphics to keep you entertained.
  6. Stymie Pendragon

Treiln likes this.
  7. uberkingkong Augur

Yep
    What do people know Mortal Kombat for? Finishers
    Skyrim, what do people know it for? Finishers

Games with finisher animations are received very very well.

You want to increase the cool counter for EQ, I'd say its at 3 out of now. It could be 6 out of 10 if it had finisher animations.

No one really watches live server or TLP server twitch. Theres no one with over 100 viewers. Its just not cool right now, and that is something that they need to address.
  8. Act of Valor The Newest Member

No. Skyrim isn't loved just because it has finishers. You're ridiculous. Stop posting.
    Treiln, Celephane, Arkanny and 2 others like this.
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I would pay cash money to add a finishing move to these forum threads.
  10. Asnjas1 New Member

These older folks will talk down to kill animations while next breath they will praise 20 hr spawn timers for the fun they bring. They love their boot strap hard hat uphill both ways spawn timer arguments.
  11. Jumbur Improved Familiar

While I don't think finisher animations are important, I do find the current combat animations rather poor. It just looks like we are waving swords in the thin air, without a hint of collision or impact.

And bards are still stabbing their own face...:rolleyes:

The animations needs some dev-love...:)
    Stymie and Nennius like this.
  12. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

More lady pecs and jiggle physics?
    I_Luv_Foraging likes this.
  13. Vumad Cape Wearer

Finishing moves exist and animations would not be hard to implement.

Our characters already have different animations for different spells. Sometimes they wave their arms, some a push motion, etc. We'd just need an animation for a finishing move.

Then the AA for Finishing blow and ETC needs to work in the same way as a spell cast. Procing a finishing blow procs a spell cast animation that is unique to a finishing move. The move would just be a spell cast in function.

Worth dev time, no. But probably workable with the current game engine.
  14. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Animations need some attention? Yes.

Do I want finishing moves in EverQuest? No.
    Stymie likes this.