50% lockouts

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Juggler, Oct 3, 2022.

1. Juggler New Member

I just wanted to say, on TLPs, this should be the normal lockout rate. Some year-long expansions in 8 or 12 weeks, that gives us enough targets to gear up for the next expanisons. Please consider keeping it this way.
    GodsFavoriteAnt and Brildon like this.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

Have you found it difficult to clear the newest expansion without back farming older ones?
  3. Treeconix Elder

Double loot should be the request if anything. I find half lockouts don't really serve as beneficial because most raiders will remain to a set schedule and don't shift it to maximize timers. It's very rare to do. The last time I actually saw a guild raid around lockout timers is when progression was needed on live raids and X amount of a specific tier was needed before moving on. Even then it was like a handful of guilds across all servers.

That being said, there should be almost zero difference in the amount loot earned on a TLP vs when it was live up until at least SOF which is when they moved from six month to one year expansion cycles. Just look at when live guilds were clearing content. It didn't occur until months into an expansion. Basically any competent TLP guild is clearing an expansion within the first week or two max.

Edit:
    Some notable clears:
    • Zero guilds cleared OOW prior to DON release. OMM was killed 1 month after DON launch. Only 20 guilds beat it before DoDH which was a year later.
    • Mayong wasn't beaten until 4 months into DoDh. Only saw six (6) guilds beat Mayong before POR release.
    • Ayonae Ro wasn't beaten until 4 months into POR. Only 14 guilds beat it before TSS.
    • Solteris wasn't beaten until 4 months into TBS. Only 7 guilds beat it before SOF.
    TLP almost assuredly have better gear than Live players did for the same expansions. Not to mention power creep is so absurd now that players are 50-150% more powerful than they would be if they were playing the expansion in era.
  4. Brildon Augur

I'd agree the double loot is far more efficient especially timewise for gearing up. Mischief/Thornblade is a clear example of that (though the RLS and freetrader plays a part as well)

However I do think there would still be to reduced lockouts. The way it stands of your guild has two or three set raid nights, as soon as you have your targets for those nights it's hard if not impossible to move around which targets you do on which nights.
  5. Lineater Augur

Aren't week long content lockouts pretty standard in online MMO type games? I've only no-lifed Destiny and EQ.

I'm guessing a lot of market research etc goes into those decisions. Half lockouts would likely lead to more burnout, less player engangement, etc. IOW less money. So it will never happen.
  6. Brildon Augur

The standard in most MMOs that I know is all your lockouts reset on a given day (example Tuesdays everything resets in WoW) which gives you that week to week flexibility that EQ does not have.

Having a weekly reset would be the better solution IMO, however I don't know the difficulty that would be for them to update that functionality of the lockouts, a shorten reduced lockout timer is just the simpler solution.
  7. Bewts Augur

We might as well just make lockouts daily and double loot at this rate.

I mean… why not given you have like 2 months between most expansions; might as well let folks farm final raid content as much as they want.

It’s only “logical”.
  8. Fenthen aka Rath

Why don't we have raid chests just drop the entire loot table at once, that way you can gear up your raid force in the first few weeks?

Heck, why bother with raid coin? If you beat the event, you can buy everything from the raid merchant for free!
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm in the double loot camp also.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  10. Iyacc Augur

Selo had shorter lockouts and over time the burnout gets to be too much - especially when you end up in an era where you are doing the same 1 or 2 raids all the time because the rest aren't worth it. I think most people who played that server would agree double loot is a much better way to go compared to faster lockouts for the long term.

Yes for a couple weeks it's great - extra whatever. For months on end? no thanks
  11. Bewts Augur

I would tend to agree… more loot to go around per clear probably better satisfies the pixel collectors/addiction versus the alternative of more frequent efforts to obtain a smaller sample size from a given loot table.

More people walking away with things for the hours invested > more hours invested to achieve the same volume of items.
  12. Xeris Augur

I really enjoy reduced lockouts being a once/yearly thing. There's a special time of the year when we can brace for 2x raiding. More than that is overkill... look at Selos. I think some people had fun, but the population burnout there was absolutely insane and within the first few months, there was realistically like... 2 guilds progressing?

You could say that you don't HAVE to raid more with half lockouts, but by nature, if half lockouts exist, there will be social pressure to raid more to keep up. That leads to burnout. And as others have stated, any competent TLP guild will have most of their members nearly fully BIS by the time the next expansion drops. Any non casual guild will complete the xpac within 2-3 weeks. The biggest/most hardcore guilds will beat xpacs within 1-2 days, the next tier will be done in the first week, the next tier will be done in the following 2-3 weeks, and anyone else is just uber casual (and half lockouts wouldn't benefit them anyways).

As others have said, double loot is a pretty good sweet spot. I've enjoyed it on Vaniki. Few months ago, they doubled the LDON loots, and that has also been nice.
    Yinla likes this.
  13. Iyacc Augur

I know when Major finally lost critical momentum it was TSS I think. All the giants? Open world flag raids to get into the end zone? At that point I think we were one of around 4 or 5 guilds still raiding regularly but we weren't able to clear that expac and hadn't cleared PoR in era either. We were raiding with around 30 toons but didn't know the content and weren't able to keep up any longer.

It was fun .... once. I wouldn't do a fast server like that again. While there are things about Mischief I don't like, it's definitely a much easier server to catch up on and keep acquiring new people to keep the guilds full and active. People can take a needed break or skip an expansion they don't like and still be fine after a few weeks of returning and raiding.

Bonus loot > half lockouts for long term.
    Yinla and Rasper Helpdesk like this.
  14. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Part of me really wishes EQ would move to a global DZ reset on like Monday at 8am or something. Could even leave everything else as it is, just add a mechanism that at 8am every Monday everybody has their DZ lockouts erased. That would allow for guilds to still do steady progress on sequential raids while learning (like say MMM where you need them all locked out to do Meldrath). But it would also mean that people could host open raids on Sunday nights without any worry that it would screw up their chances of going with their guild.

And when they want a half lockout bonus, just add an additional full DZ reset on Thursday at 8am.

Tasktimer lockouts would be unaffected (like running DoN missions and such)

(edit: I know that would also allow the guilds that want to push hard to do a raid on Monday night, then again Saturday when the 4.5 day lockout ends, and still get reset Monday. If a guild wants to burn hard to double loot income so be it, guilds already do that by split raiding with boxes/alts)
    Lanffear, Brildon and Iyacc like this.
  15. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Hugely favors guilds who are on a schedule to cheese it, like sun/mon raid guilds. Of which I can think of 2 off the top of my head. Would be better to give a new aa usable once a week that resets all DZ so guilds could stay on their schedule and all guilds could use it equally. DPG would just end up halving loot per kill if they did that tho, they want to gate gear per week to keep people playing longer into the summer, which is why we didn't get 4x ores per raid this year.

It's trivial to be able to do open raids and then still raid with your guild, get an alt in shape to raid.
  16. IheartEQ Lorekeeper

17. Rogean Lorekeeper

We could definitely use double loot for existing TLP's. It seems some of the recent TLP's have had this and it has been successful (Mischief, Vaniki). 3 Months is not enough time to farm what we would like to get from each expansion, especially getting into the later ones after TSS. Currently in TSS, we're just about done with the expansion and there are several items (weapons mainly) that we've seen drop >0< times, and that's including splitting and reduced lockouts.
  18. Lineater Augur

Huh? How would a guild cheese a global reset day? Scheduling around a reset day doesn't allow you to do content twice in one week.
  19. Spacemonkey555 Augur

I snipped too much. The person I was responding to wanted what we currently have combined with a global reset once a week. So raid Monday, everything resets 4.5 days later, raid Sunday, everything global resets, raid Monday. Access to every raid you can hit in a day twice per week. Meanwhile a guild raiding Thursday/Friday would be out of luck.
  20. FranktheBank Augur

o_O
    PatCleric likes this.