Help me pick the best TLP please

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by zarikan, Oct 1, 2022.

1. zarikan New Member

Hey there all,

I'm trying to find the youngest TLP server that will allow me to two or three box. Any advice on this matter would be appreciated. I don't like mercs, bots or pile buffing, which is why I'm looking for a TLP. My plan is to go slowly through the early expansion content completely self found and just enjoy the item farming and old school spots.

Thanks!
  2. Captain Video Augur

There is no TLP server currently that meets your conditions. With multiple PCs, you could 3-box on any TLP, but I expect you know that already. If you wait another year, Yelinak would quality, as by then OoW will unlock on that server, and legal 3-box on one PC will be possible. The bot farmers should also be gone at that point. The Rizlona server allows boxing now but has already reached TSS. It also has very few human players. Having said all that...

TLPs are set up to facilitate group and guild play. They don't work so well for someone who wants to play solo at a casual pace. A Live server will work much better for that. You are under no obligation to use Live server features that don't suit your playstyle, e.g., no mercs. Regardless of server choice, there will be places where you get stuck, and on a Live server there will be many more options for temporary group help, since quite a few players revisit old school content for achievements and such. That doesn't happen on a TLP.
    Meridian likes this.
  3. Chyron Lorekeeper

Currently doing this with a friend on Agnarr, and it is perfect for it. Has early expansions from launch to LDON. Agnarr is truebox still however, so you'll need an extra mini pc or laptop or two to box.

Fun for self-found people:
    - it has POP newbie armor quests for nearly all races
    - you can earn ldon points early for some decent gear/drops
    - plenty of spots to three box in classic, kunark, velious and luclin for leveling
    - "new" kunark quests are still relevant clicky items in this range
    - epics are still relevant in the 50-64 range and there are others often willing to help with the bigger fights

If you get to the point where you want to raid POP, there are four active raiding guilds spread across time zones, and a near monthly open time plat raid you could join.

If you don't like MGB buffs being thrown out, just avoid the soul binder area of POK and you'll be fine.
  4. Appren Gnomercy

I would just play on live then, and restrict yourself to not using whatever features you dislike. There's also several awesome servers out there, or perhaps Yelinak. I assume Mischief will be too unpure for you with tradeable loot and all :)
  5. Kukaw Augur

I disagree with this part of your post as far as Mischief is concerned.

Mischief in my opinion and personal experience is the "Perfect" server for solo/casual play style.
    My play style is, and has always been, very casual. I never cared or complained that I've always had sub-par gear because I chose to play the game different, than it was for the most part, intended to be played.
    Again, my choice (Have Always Loved EQ). I've always enjoyed trade skills and snooping around zones to explore after I've was out-leveled them.

Now, here comes Mischief...
    It is not just the free trade part, but I think the randomness of the "loot buckets" for the mobs has made a big difference.
    Because of this, I have items that I have never ever had before . For the most part if you want the best items it is only a matter of cost and availability (which are kind of hand in hand) but either way it's true.
    Now, to play at current level/expansion you don't have to have the best gear (it just helps) and most items that are not top tier are very affordable.

As far as doing Missions/Tasks and that sort of thing to advance through an expansion, then yes, it is very much group oriented, but that doesn't really have anything to do with TLPs...
    That's just EQ in general.
  6. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Personally, I rolled up on Vaniki for the extra perks it gives.

While not "early expansion" it is still a "young" TLP. It has no mercs yet, it allows up to 3-boxing from one PC, it has double loot. The fact that it opens up expansions by level group rather than in release order.. means a lot of barren zones on other TLP's are teeming with activity. For instance, PoR is a much disliked expansion on most TLP's. On Vaniki, there's active grouping in ARCSTONE! No one went to Arcstone on the previous TLP's except to run through, do a few Daosheen raids and Skylance missions for the lvl 70 spells/auras. Places like Veksar have active groups, various DoDH "fly over" zones have people fighting what is considered trash or worthless on most TLP's.. because on a normal release TLP.. you're max level/geared from the previous expansion... so just skipping over to the next xpac end-game stuff.
  7. Xeris Augur

Vaniki or Agnarr would be the place to go. Vaniki will allow you to 3box from 1 PC, and it has several expansions open already so you can do group a lot of fun group content.

If all you care about is old world EQ, then go to Agnarr.