Valdeholm Quest The Library

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Dundarious, Oct 1, 2022.

1. Dundarious New Member

The floor in the buildings that contain the quest items does not render and it is impossible for my toon to retrieve the books from the bookshelves. My main toon had no problems with it and I tried things like shrink and lev and video settings and of course /rewind to get to it but it is impossible. He drops into the void under the world and cannot escape the building or move further to the bookshelves.
    Annastasya likes this.
  2. Annastasya Augur

Bump! And i've discovered a work around!

The geometry in this particular northeast-ish area of Valdeholm bugs out in the three rooms involved in the quest called "The Library" given by Morden the Wise (?) in The Steppes zone. One room is a quest trigger for finding "the library" and the two rooms east, and north east of that trigger contain books that spawn on the bottom of shelves that need to be gathered.

As far as i can tell, what happens inside those rooms is that the inner walls and floors bug out and cease to exist, this gets your character stuck in an unmovable position. The /rewind function cannot help with this. If you are lucky enough to wiggle around out of the forced ducking state, you might be able to gate. Neither rocket boots or the holy step AA got me out of there, levitation on or off also did not matter. Otherwise, it seemed the only option was to /EX command and use the RETURN TO HOME button at the log in screen, otherwise you'd still enter the world "stuck" under the floor.

WORKAROUND: I discovered that if you change the camera angles to the perspective of an outer wall, by hitting F9 a few times and wiggling the mouse around, especially zooming out and back you can force the game to render the FLOOR again. ( i have a lot of experience doing this getting good screen shots for guild stuff.)

As long as the floor remains rendered, you can move your character normally. Moving a certain direction or distance while in those rooms, will again make the floor and walls disappear and get your character stuck, but you can repeat the process of messing with the camera angles until you get the floor to appear again, and regain short bursts of control, until you are able to loot the books and work your way out of those rooms.
  3. Riou EQResource

did you try Alt + O -> Display -> Bottom-Right is LOD Bias - set this higher if it's at minimum, Valdeholm I believe is one of the zones that experiences the non rendering stuff when it is not on a higher setting