Ideas for the next TLP server.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Monchfur, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The krono farmers would just have characters to be on the bounty team and make money by letting them kill the farmers. This could be easily exploited by some wanting to make easy money.
    Stymie likes this.
  2. kenmei Augur

3. code-zero Augur

You display a deep misunderstanding of the purpose of Krono and how it functions in game. Maybe you should request that Krono be exchangeable for Daybreak Cash while you're at it
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The code being written for a completely different game doesn't mean that it can be used in EQ nor does it address the concerns I raised about krono farmers taking advantage of it to both operate as normal and get the bounties. Even if there wasn't a concern about some players working both sides of the bounty system to make more money I don't see Daybreak ever doing something like this with real money involved directly.
    Stymie and Skuz like this.
  5. kenmei Augur

6. kenmei Augur

7. Stymie Pendragon

I don't think this a factual statement. I'm not arguing against your suggestion, but code from separate games generally can't be copied and pasted.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Playing the game gives you no insight into the code and trying to claim that they are the same because of that shows a lack of understanding on how game development and coding work.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Just because it would be possible to add something as a feature doesn't mean that it is something that was designed to work that way. They are never going to allow a person to put up real money (krono) to put bounties on other players especially when it can be abused by the same group that people say are causing problems with krono and camping things.
  10. Captain Video Augur

Wrong on all counts. The SWG engine was forked off the EQ engine when development began in 2000. By the time it went live in 2003 it was a completely different beast. It had something to do with SWG being about space travel.

EQ was in its heyday when SWG development began; they hired a separate team because they had to. There was some overlap in the art departments. There are at least a dozen SWG emulators running publicly today, a mix of pre- and post-NGE environments. All of the relevant source code for both client and server has long since been leaked.

If you want to play a Warhammer game, go do that. EQ is not Warhammer, nor will it ever be.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

That's a good point (Return of Reckoning is excellent by the way).
  12. coltongrundy Augur

Have you ever completed a quest in EQ? The experience gained from quests is virtually non-existent. They could boost it by 200x and still wouldn't be a significant amount.
  13. Numiko Augur

How about a server bringing a feature from later expansions into play, raid currency.

They could set up vendors itemized with boss loot from each expansion and award coins for being in a raid when the boss is killed. Loot would still drop from the raids but this would give you the ability to get things you want that never seem to drop or you always get out bid on.

I do not think it would take a lot of extra work past setting up the vendors as the code is already in the game in later expansions, would be similar work as how they brought hunter quests and achievements to all the old expansions that never had them

This would definitely be a nice quality of life addition to a TLP and maybe reduce the Rage Quitting from not getting that favorite item you have always pined for. ;)
  14. Yovani New Member

True box (2 max) server that’s locked at Velious. Won’t have to focus on grinding every couple of months and allows old school players like myself explore content they never got to back in the day.
  15. Brildon Augur

I think P99 has that market saturated, would be surprising if a TLP could also hold a healthy enough population locked that early on, there isn't even AAs to keep you busy.

Plus I'm pretty sure Daybreak has an agreement with P99 team not to launch a early lock server like that.
  16. Until We Felt Red Augur

I don't know about others, but I'll never play another TLP that doesn't have free trade at the very least. Any sub-optimal xp rate is a definite no as well. TLPs should always be set up for quick catch up and alt-worthy xp rates.
    Xanathol and code-zero like this.
  17. Tyranthraxus Grognard

Fall. That is all
  18. Nozz99 New Member

How about mercenaries from launch?
  19. Captain Video Augur

Already exists, it's called a Live server.
    Skuz and Brildon like this.
  20. Beardsy Elder

The only real viable option they have now is more free trade, no one wants to play on non-free trade anymore now that they've got a taste of mischief. Btw, you're lying if you say you don't like free trade, or you've never tried it.

Next major TLP should be 2026ish.

Mischief loot rules.
    Selos exp rate.
    Double the loot amount.
    Starts with PoP/LoY/LDoN - 2 month to unlock.
    GoD/OoW/DoN - 3 month to unlock.
    DoDH/PoR = 1 month.
    TSS/TBS = 1 month.
    4 weeks for every expansion that doesn't increase in level, 6 weeks for the ones that do increase in level after this point.

Slow paced servers are an absolute waste of time.
    FranktheBank and Mithra like this.