Grandmaster in Plane of War

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Drukanin, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Drukanin New Member

Category: NPC
    Date/Time: Fri Sep 30 09:29:47 2022

Character: Level 100 Warrior (Main)
    Zone: Drunder, the Fortress of Zek

Description: The Grandmaster event in Plane of War. I was in the mines questing when someone else engaged the event. I was not on the NPC's aggro, or anywhere near him really. When the person fighting him failed the event and triggered a DT mechanic, it killed my whole group. I mean this may be by design I'm not sure but seems wrong that I get a DT from event I am not part of, and I am nowhere close to. Sorry if this thread already exists. I did not look.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

My understanding of the PoWar is that it's very much intended to be a punishing zone for any and all who dare to enter it. Aggro range is high and nearly every mob is social with high social aggro range.

While I do find your party's death unfortunate - it would seem to be in-line with the intent of the zone itself and encounters found within.
  3. Spacemonkey555 Augur

I don’t think that’s intended, more likely because the mines are right under his room if I recall correctly. Probably dt aoe that doesn’t limit the z axis enough. Been a bit so I could be wrong.
    Duder and Wyre Wintermute like this.
  4. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

No.

This is someone engaging a mob, and that mob's script is not limited. As the pawns move, you get a DT if you're in the same plane of the "wrong" color pawn. As you fight GM, you get an aura "White Pawn" (Avoid black) or "Black Pawn" (Avoid white). Apparently, if you have neither aura, you will also get DT'd. This is definitely not the intent. It also makes the entire zone unplayable if someone is attempting the Grandmaster Event.
    Duder likes this.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I stand corrected. Upvoted.
    Wyre Wintermute and Duder like this.
  6. Wulfhere Augur

It's called the Plane of WAR for a reason (and by design)
  7. Duder Augur

So they named it plane of war to indicate that it is only playable by people who are engaging the Grandmaster event if they so choose? Did you think at all before posting that? There could not be a clearer example of a bug than what has been detailed in this report.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  8. Wulfhere Augur

Yes and yes and no.

Tactics in War require coordinating troop movements. War is a zone designed for small and large raids and they must cooperate. Back when the zone first went live, we learned to forewarn everyone in the zone that the GM event was being attempted. That meant everyone leave the mines under GM's tower and move to a safe distance (e.g north field and zone in area). Players cooperated and the zone was very challenging. Failure to cooperate meant and still means death.

Z-axis path and range bugs are a chronic problem, especially in outdoor zones, and not specific to the Plane of War. These limitations of the game engine are well know and yet the designers of the PoW zone still stacked Z-axis areas combined with many wide range AE spells used by NPC. I believe it's by design.
    Fenthen likes this.
  9. Spacemonkey555 Augur

I guess when I take random 10 year old leftovers out of the freezer and boil them with random spices I have in the cupboard, you could say I designed a meal. If it kills someone having a snack next door there’s inarguably a problem with my recipe tho.

I don’t expect it to get fixed, but it’s a clearly a bug that a boss fight in another area dts random people elsewhere in the zone. Would you accept that a guild raiding the TOL umbral plains instance randomly dts people doing umbral plains progression?
    Wyre Wintermute and Duder like this.
  10. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I got blasted zoning in. There is no "safe" spot during the event. It ruins the zone for everyone.. and the zone itself is a horrendous massive grind to begin with.
    Duder likes this.