Double invis confusion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tatanka, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Wulfhere Augur

The problem here is the quick casting times.
    Shaman AA is instant cast and SK is 0.5s.

SK must be mid cast of GPITU for them to both land on the Shaman. But it's very hard to time these two AA casts while boxing and ALT Tabbing. That's your problem.

The simplest thing is have your shaman make Philters of Unlife Awareness (cast time 1.5s) and have the shaman use a potion and cast instant invis AA immediately after. Group them up after this is done otherwise shaman's group invis will spoil it on the others in group. The SK can take care of themselves.
  2. Zunnoab Augur

Put the buttons in the exact same place. Click, alt+tab, click. Or even bind to a key if that's too difficult.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

LOL, thanks everyone for the advice about getting it to stack on everyone at the same time, but, again, that wasn't the question. It was just a simple stacking issue, for one char. The answer was already posted above. Invis/camo has to land before IVU.
  4. Flatchy Court Jester

Sorry Tatanka I threw in that other question basically the same thing just opposite of yours.

Fortunately for me I play my sk on a separate computer So hittin SVU THEN GSP is doable, will give it a try tonight.
  5. Moege Augur

This is where hotbuttons are needed.
    SHM
    /pause 200
    /g Casting invis
    /pause 10
    /alt act ###

Adjust timing as you need.
    Hit button on SHM
    Tab over to SHD
    Soon as you see the group chat hit SHD AA IVU

No speed alt tabbing switching needed.
    Treiln and Wulfhere like this.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Did you really mean to have a 20 second pause in that macro? Seems a bit excessive.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Upcoming patch notes:

- Group IVU and Invis will now mutually overwrite the other.
  8. Iven the Lunatic

The evolution would be to revamp the invis spells from those classes that can cast both IvU / ItU and Invisibility.

Enchanter spells:
    • Invisibility (lvl 4, single target)
    • Invisibility versus Undead (lvl 14, single target)
    • Improved Invisibility (lvl 50, self only)
    • Invisibility = Suppression Field (lvl 66, single target) -> Revamp into a combined version that does include both Invisibility + Invisibility versus Undead. Do the same for those AA skills that are lvl 66 or higher.
    Necro spells:
    • Invisibility versus Undead (lvl 1, single target)
    • Invisibility = Gather Shadows (lvl 7, single target)
    • Improved Invisibility to Undead (lvl 50, self only)
    • Invisibility = Skin of the Shadow (lvl 55, self only)
    • Improved Invisibility to Undead = Shadow of Death (lvl 68, single target) -> Revamp into a combined version that does include both Invisibility + Invisibility versus Undead. Do the same for those AA skills that are lvl 68 or higher.
  9. Flatchy Court Jester

I didn't have to make the hot keys at all. I run two diff puters so click IVU then click GSP and it works! Thank you guys.
  10. Moege Augur

Old and slow ! Yeah /pause 50 seems more reasonable for younger people.
    Tatanka likes this.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

They should just remake a new invis+ivu spell and just have certain mobs that can see through it like rares and raid bosses and such even though i dont raid.