I don't like

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Celatus, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Celatus Augur

I don't like your tasks and missions, I just wanna grind, don't punish me for being a purist. I did an exploration mission a bit ago which some people may find fun. I ran my mage from point to point being a box the ui and map covers the whole screen. I cothed my other two toons to the point and moved on. This is not fun for me. Make the mobs in the area compelling to go and farm and I'll get there on my own. I think its great that people like missions. I think its sad that completed missions are sold and spammed constantly. I just don't want it to affect the way I like to play. Grinding and missions for xp should be equal in both heroic aa, rewards, and exp.
    Bobbybick, Dre. and cadres like this.
  2. The real Sandaormo Augur

I come from the other side, I like doing the missions and all the side quests and hunters and collection. I also don't think its the only way you should have to level. Let people that like to grind along, get normal exp like in past years. Why penalize their style of play?
  3. Mesc Old Soul

I have not paid to play this game in 11 months because of Absor's Experience Reductions. I will not be buying the new Expansion because of Absor's Experience Reductions. there is absolutely no reason for this except for Absor's Ego being to big and forcing everyone to play by his rules and not the normal game rules. Who in there right mind nerfs the experience to a brand new expanion?

Absor that's who.

He is the lead Dev, the bucks (or lack there of) stop with him.
    Dre., Brontus, cadres and 2 others like this.
  4. Ythera Augur

I only like to level up by turning in bone chips. This was nerfed some time ago. Don't punish me for being a purist. This way of leveling should be equal to other ways.
    Khat_Nip, minimind, Bobbybick and 7 others like this.
  5. LesserArchi Elder

Grinding is more important than the mission for me any days.
    I remember the old days I have enjoyed the grinding etc. with friends.
    Pop a cold beer, chatting about things, etc.

I don't mind doing the missions but not going to redo the missions that's too complicated and takes too much time.

That does not mean I do not appreciate the new contents, etc.
    cadres likes this.
  6. Alnitak Augur

Please, please, please, nerf the grinding experience into extinction. Rebalance the experience rewards for the quests/missions to make sure that the only viable way to gain levels/AA's is by doing missions and not trash mob grinding, something similar to CoTF.
    And with the latest adjustment to mission timer lock-outs give us the insentive to do several different missions and not just repeat the same mission again and again. Just modify the rewards for the existing quests, bump the experience portion as a reward and nerf mob-killing experience. Perhaps, become creative in introduce Overseer-style reward options for current missions so players could chose tradeskill items/experience/collectibles as a reward upon quest completion. The system of reward options is already in place, it won't take much of developers' time.
    Nobody needs the pesky trash mob grinding in EQ. Make it EverQuest again, not EverGrind.
    Knifen, code-zero and Andarriel like this.
  7. Fenthen aka Rath

At the same time, don't limit me to a certain set of realistic tasks/quests/missions and then prohibit me from re-doing them to get experience for levels, AAs, and so on. Most folks don't have a lot of time during the week and need to re-top glyph AAs. We need soloable or duoable tasks, because there are times that getting 6 people together to grind 240AA is too much to do for an entire expansion.
  8. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

EverQUEST

"purist"

huh?

(and @ EQ Dev(s) Take your foot off the neck of kill XP a bit and un-nerf kill XP!), grind groups were always a staple of EQ and where most of the social players were. Tasks take more focus and attention A good long grind is where friendships develop more.
  9. Zunnoab Augur

It is silly the tasks give little (or no) experience on doing them again. The AA rewards are nice though.

It's also silly when a task's lore is written in a way in which it's basically a group task but everyone has to do it one by one, sometimes bugging out and spawning multiple mobs etc. The group task in Maiden's Eye theoretically avoids that problem, but it's bugged like crazy and spams adds anyway.
    Ludadorwar and Laronk like this.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

No.

Completely different level of effort required.
    minimind, Warpeace and Xyroff-cazic. like this.
  11. Tappin Augur

A completely different level of effort... Automate Overseers and log on accept task adds. Sounds fund doesn't it?
  12. Treiln Augur

So, doesn’t something that requires more effort, be more rewarding? In a sense? I don’t mind the missions and tasks being a high percentage of the overall experience. I mean, (granted yes it’s a copy/paste) they did take the time to make content. Would be nice for people to experience it at least a once through. Rather than just sitting in one camp for a full 5-10 levels and then moving to a second camp and getting all your gear.

I still prefer the grind method, but I do like to do a once through of the story at the very least.

Take 25% off the tasks/missions/what have you, and redistribute that back into monster exp and call it good
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

You have become better at stupid thread titles (256)
    Dre. and Flatchy like this.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

And all of the other people in the group are just sat around with their thumbs up their backside in your world?
  15. Tappin Augur

That one person 6 boxing literally put more effort and thought into their boxing program, than they did preparing for the content.

And if actually find a real group, chances are they are mostly raid geared and plow through the content on auto pilot.
  16. Laronk Augur

Merc/kill tasks should for sure give rewards again. The worst part is how little platinum they give.
    Yinla and Skuz like this.
  17. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Did we play the same game? Outside of a few rare occurrences like Tumpy Tonics, Everquest was always about grinding mobs for exp. It was always like until Torment of Velious+ achievement exp and Overseer.
    cadres likes this.
  18. Celephane Augur

You clearly have no idea of what was changed. Experience was never reduced. The amount needed to gain a single AA is still the same. The amount to move from one level to another has been increased as levels get higher and higher. This is common sense to do. If mobs gave more experience, so you level faster, the amount of AAs gained would become ridiculous and seriously trivialize getting them.
    Yinla, code-zero and Lubianx like this.
  19. Handstuff New Member

Missions/tasks should almost, if not, always give you more exp than grinding does in a timed scenario, because you have to do more than just pull, heal/attack, repeat.

Sorry we're not in 2000 anymore where one regular PC could barely handle high Pre-Luclin graphics and you can't just 6-box your way into greatness with typical grind exp and minimal effort.
    code-zero likes this.
  20. code-zero Augur

The more I see the "unnerf grinding" the less sympathy I find myself feeling for people who only want to grind. What your posts tell me is that you don't really want to grind at all but resent people being able to level faster than you by doing something other than grinding. In other words not grinding is having fun the wrong way
    Shanarias likes this.