Stat Food Request

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Wyre Wintermute, Sep 29, 2022.

1. uberkingkong Augur

Honestly this is lazy way to go about it.
    Which the direction has been going, your idea is great one.

However, this is an old game. It was designed differently than what people of today's era expects.
    Today's era is basically, make the game so simple I just focus on attack chains and one button press to interact with everything. Game manages everything for me, etc. Very static game designs. Go into a zone already knowing where things are located. Follow YouTube walkthroughs for easy win.

The original developers. They had big dreams. It was more roleplay focus than just another RPG game.
    They wanted to mess with weather. They wanted unique zones, unique boss timers/spawns. Mazelike, Lorelike, zones. Think of City of Mist, temporary key, all these pages, all this loot, the zone design (most people don't go up top in CoM). Velketors. Several other zones people rarely goto with so much lore.

So yes I agree with you make this game even more static and easy. Thats how games are today. Honestly they change so much on this game, they should just make EQ3, use modern code and everything, easily implement things, and easily make EQ just another RPG game.

Because at the end of the day, theres going to be people saying. I miss old freeport, I miss corpse runs, I miss having to press buttons (not autoskill), I miss having to memorize zones, I miss this and that.
    All because these static/easymode implementations, which is good because its todays era of gaming, but they should just make EQ3 if they going back to old codebase and changing going back to old codebase and changing. Constantly changing stuff already working. Just make EQ3 and start fresh on the modern programs and code designs.

Taking a whole year to make UI and still over a year and working UI?
    Just make EQ3. Save yourself the heartache of going back to working code and modernizing it.
    People going to say I miss the old UI after you do your change, you spent all that time? You could have made EQ3, have a nice easy modern code/engine/architect, easily and enjoy pushing out expansions because code is very readable and enjoyable now.

Just make EQ3 if your going to go back to stuff already working and overhauling it.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

But they also didn't think we would be in a situation where food would be giving you stats and you could force feed yourself worthless food but still get the stats from the better food. Take a look at EQ2 where you are required to consume the food to get a benefit and it comes in the form of a buff.
    Fenthen likes this.
  3. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

It'd be great, if there was some sort of 2-4 slot fanny pack that would be for food, drink, and alcohol only.
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

From what I understand it should work any any top level inventory slot and if it isn't that is a bug.
  5. Fenthen aka Rath

Having a food/drink key ring, with a food/drink to gain stats from EXACTLY LIKE THE MOUNT AND FAMILIAR ONES, would indirectly open up more inventory bag slots. We're already having issues opening inventory + bank bags at the same time. This artificially creates additional inventory space without making more 46 slot bags, or even worse, 48 slot bags.
    Wyre Wintermute and Loup Garou like this.
  6. Loup Garou De loop de loop

How does that affect the fact that if a Ranger wants to gain bow haste they have to give up a slot? First, second, fifth...whatever.

Does moving the quiver to the other top inventory slot allow a Ranger to have the same amount of slots as other classes? Nope.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It doesn't change that and that wasn't what I was getting at. You made a statement about the quiver needing to give up the first slot for a quiver which isn't correct. Yes, having to sacrifice a slot for the quiver sucks but it doesn't really apply to this question about the the first bag slots being used for ts/collection bags and what else can be put there.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I do anything to stop the annoying you are out of food and drink message its annoying as a trader. Sure when your in trader you dont see the message but as soon as you wanna do something you see your out of food and drink and no i dont wanna put food and drink in my bags otherwise i lose to selling slots.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I never had a tradeskill bag in the top slot for this very reason.
    Regular bag in the top slot, with stat food/drink in the top two slots & a eat/drink macro to consume regular foraged water/food built into my spam bar.

The devs are on record as hating how force feeding works in EQ, but the counter has always been that food crafting components for stat food are purposely not as common to counter that already, so unless they are going to increase the drop rate they should not remove the force-feeding mechanic.

This is a very minor annoyance.
    Svann2 likes this.
  10. Viper1 Augur

I had the same problem. My solution was to put the tradeskill and collection specific bags in the 2nd and 3rd slots. The 1st bag slot would be for stat food and clicky items that I carry full time just as a matter of course. The key is to make sure that the 1st bag is always full with things that aren't going to move around. This way, bag 1 is always full and contains your stat food. All looted items with filter through to the 2nd (tradeskill), 3rd (collections) or 4th bag slot (everything else).

I'd love to have a slot for stat food, but the above is a workable solution.
  11. Viper1 Augur

There's no way EQ3 will ever be a thing that anyone plays. They've tried several times over now and it's always dead before it even gets out of the gate. Too much of the playerbase is invested in EQ1 and their characters here. DPG doesn't have a broad enough appeal to attract new players to the franchise. Your EQ1 characters will never be transferred over to a new EQ game, so most of the EQ fanbase is simply not interested. EQ is all it's ever going to be right now and it's never going to be anything more than cookie cutter expansions and bootlegged code held together with duct tape and bubble gum.
  12. Warpeace Augur

Request the quiver haste be converted into an item AA click for Rangers so you all get your haste and inventory space back?
    Velisaris_MS, Hegsheoshed and MacDubh like this.
  13. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I wish they would make it so that you had to consume stat food to get benefits from it.
    Jumbur likes this.
  14. Jumbur Improved Familiar

This suggestion actually makes sense! Consuming statfood should give you a buff, where duration depends on the food in question and your hidden metabolism stat.
    They know how to makes buffs that does not take up a buff slot(just think of tribute).

The whole forcefeeding mechanic is illogical, lets change food into something that makes sense. :)
    Hegsheoshed likes this.
  15. Velisaris_MS Augur

You're making rational sense. The devs don't tolerate that type of behavior around here.
  16. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

"Stat Food Request"

Pizza!

mic drop.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.