Stat Food Request

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Wyre Wintermute, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Please,

Please. Please. Please make stat food either tagged as tradeskill, make it so you can't eat/drink out of tradeskill satchels, or add a UI slot for preferred stat food.

I use my top two bag slots for TS satchel and Collection item bag, so those items default to the appropriate bag first. Unfortunately, that also means if I pick up something that is food or drink.. it takes the default slot for being consumed. Not only does this consume a TS material.. but it negates the stats from stat food.

Just a humble request, that I'm sure many others can get behind (and likely brought up several times in EQ's 20+ year history)
    Bobbybick, Fenthen and Aenvar like this.
  2. Cidran Augur

I'm having the exact same problem. Adding two extra equipment slots just like EQ2 has (food/drink) would be the perfect solution.
    MacDubh and Wyre Wintermute like this.
  3. Cicelee Augur

Or.....

Use your first two slots in your first inventory bag for stat food/drink. Fill the remaining slots in that bag with clickies or illusions or whatever. Then use inventory bag slots 2 and 3 for your collectibles and TS items.
  4. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I gave up on managing stat food. A 1000 loaves of bread and milk go into the first two slots of my TS bag.
    Shanarias, Nennius, Knifen and 2 others like this.
  5. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Or.....

And hear me out. They could make a small change and people wouldn't have to carry around 30 odd items in a bag so that they wouldn't have to micromanage it. Because, you know, I don't have that many static inventory items and I'm sure others like to utilize their inventory to collect things.

By your logic, I could also just slap a 2-slot bag in slot 1 and be done with it. I'd rather not waste the potential inventory space, when it could easily be modified.
    Fenthen, Aenvar and MacDubh like this.
  6. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I used 1000 MTP's and KC's for a loong looong time due to this. Would also be nice if other stat foods stacked up to 1k.
  7. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Solution 1: Keep a non TS bag in top left and use stat food from there

Solution 2: Keep Water Flasks and Loaves of bread in top left of TS bag in top left and just make a hotkey with the stat food on it and click to consume, or sawp a non TS bag with stat food in oit to top left when stats are wanted.
    I keep 2 Extraplanar Trade Satchels on top with water and bread top left If I'm min maxing and want the stats I swap bags 1 and 3, a non TS bag with stat food and drink and fuzzlecutters and Iron Rations, eat iron ration, drink fuzzlecutters, then move stat food to top. I fill the extra few slots in the non TS bag with single pcs of water/bread to fill in the gaps so TS items don't drop in bag 3, now in slot 1
  8. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

I personally think stat food should have it's own slot for 1 stack each food and drink on the character UI like keychains and stop all this nonsense.
    Warpeace and Wyre Wintermute like this.
  9. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Which would be much easier and less micromanagement if they made one or more of the suggested changes above.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Are you suggesting that all your bag slots are empty except for stat food, ts/collectables and whatever you are looting from mobs? I don't think it is asking to much to suggest you keep a bag full of items that you always keep on your character in the top slot in order to solve the problem.

Would the fix be nice to have? Sure but that doesn't change the fact that you can work on a solution for this right now without having to wait for devs to fit a change like this into their schedule.
  11. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I never asked, nor implied that I needed community "help" to "solve" some problem. This isn't a cry to the community to "fix" and issue I'm having. I know how to do it. Everyone knows how to do it. Everyone who deals with stat food has to come up with a workable solution.

I posted this as a request to change the status quo so there wouldn't have to be workarounds. The opposing replies are literally like going to the bug forum and saying they don't need to change code.. it's been that way for years, here's a way to get around the broken code... It doesn't mean that it can't or shouldn't be looked into.
    Vumad likes this.
  12. MacDubh TABLES!!!

There is no reason not to have food and drink slots. It avoids consuming TS components, it removes the requirement for managing where you put items in your inventory, and it is an easy way to know what is getting eaten/drank and how much of it you have left.

The fact that there is arguments against this is just a testament to the argumentativeness of these forums.
    Atlans, KushallaFV, Vumad and 2 others like this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Okay, but I don't think the devs have any plans to add the tradeskill tag to anything that isn't used in a combine. They have even discussed the issue of some food stacking to large amounts and others not because of their use in combines. While you might not like the solution it at least can be used to solve your problem until other options open up.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Or, and hear me out.....

You carry those other 30-odd items anyway. AND. You can implement this solution now, without waiting for a s/w change which will never come.

But you do you.
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This is the best answer.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It is very likely if they went with food and drink slots you would lose the ability to force feed non stat food in order to prevent using your more expensive stat food. I don't think anyone is opposed to the idea just that they are suggesting ways you can manage it now without any dev work needed.
  17. Loup Garou De loop de loop

At least you are not Rangers who have to give up the first slot because that has to be where their quiver goes if they want to get any bow haste.

The rest of you have 10 slots (or 2 more if your using perks)

I have no problem managing my stat food and can make more if I forget to force feed myself. Its just basic bag management. Or shoot, just google on how to do it with hot keys. Plus there are AA and familiars you can use which will even lower your mount's food consumption along with yours.

So lets focus on fixing the quiver slot first.
    Tatanka likes this.
  18. Angahran Augur

If TS bags could be tagged somehow as 'no eat/drink' that would be great :)
  19. Svann2 The Magnificent

I put stat food/drink in the 2 first slots of my first bag then have cheap food usage command lines in my melody macro. That way every time I start a song I also try to eat something.
  20. The real Sandaormo Augur

I only move stat food in for certain fights. usually just iron rations and water kept ahead of them in the bag. Force feed when i do pop them in so as not to lose them.