Please, no more bread, water and mana wands!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by lancelove, Mar 8, 2016.

1. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Using spell blocking, add yourself and pet if you have one, spell IDs separated by spaces. You can block a total of 40 spells.

/blockspell add me 2198 2199 2538 3188
    /blockspell add pet 2198 2199 2538 3188

These are the IDs for the lowest level single and MGB mod rod. You could find the higher level mod rod IDs and add them as well.

2198 - (annoying Black Bread) Blessing Of The Harvest
    2199 - (annoying Globe Of Water) Blessing Of The Storm
    2538 - (drive-by Mod Rod) Mass Mystical Transvergence
    3188 - (Single Mod Rod) Rod Of Mystical Transvergence

As mentioned above, you can make hotkeys to block and un-block whatever you want on demand.

More talk about it here in the context of merc spells to block.
    Mercenary spells to block... | EverQuest Forums (daybreakgames.com)
    Vumad likes this.
  2. Annastasya Augur

/autoinventory on several of your oft-used hotkeys is your friend.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  3. Zunnoab Augur

For years I foraged and autoinv'd when turning left and right but I had one too many disasters and stopped doing it. My Selo's key wouldn't be a bad idea though, now that I think of it.
  4. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Suggestion: Add the information needed to blockspell AE summons to the lore tab of the summoned items.

edit: further, one thing I've always wanted is a 'player lore' tab for items

All client side, like map files. Allow a simple file format like itemnumber:string/n (or something XML, whatever, just something simple) so that 3rd party sites can publish player lore files with the simple string info appearing in the EQ UI.

Would really help when de-cluttering banks of quest items where you forget what quest it was for, and don't want to have to transcribe every item name into google.
    Stymie likes this.
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

I never got why they even have a bread and water summon. Never used it in 22 years.

As for /autoinventory, I keep it a macro for it on a sidebar.