Impossible to get Globmogger spawned - The Buried Sea

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by RebelliousDean, Sep 23, 2022.

1. RebelliousDean New Member

All I can find on different forums is that you need to kill Goblin Mariners to get Globmogger spawned as they are the PH.
    I've been tracking and killing Mariners for the past 1,5 week and Globmogger won't spawn.
    Are we sure this is not bugged ?
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Keep in mind, something like this is going to be hard to pin down, and different forums are only going to be as good a data as players submit (which could be misleading or outright wrong). The named type is a Shaman, would lead me to believe his placeholders are the goblin shaman not the mariners. I killed Blera`Mar and I think I saw a mariner repop on track after that one.
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

I killed every goblin in the water looping around the zone. It might have repopped a spirit caller.
    [IMG]
    Andarriel likes this.
  4. Mukkul Augur

I had Globmogger spawn twice today in the water between Jared's Hook and Redfeather / north of Redfeather.

But the rares in The Buried Sea zone that live in the open sea are definitely over-the-top pain-in-the-butt. The zone is too big and the placeholders are too spread out and the sea visibility is too murky. And as I just posted, some of the spawns get stuck in geometry.

And I'm pretty sure each underwater rare has a limited number of areas they spawn. Not just any underwater goblin in the zone. As shown by the maps on eq.magelo.
  5. Mukkul Augur

Unfortunately it might be possible there's more than one type of placeholder for Globmogger.

Because I found out for sure that almost every type of underwater mob can be a placeholder for Golden Ghost -- goblins, turtles, snakes, sharks, swordfish.
  6. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome