Test Update 09/13/2022 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Sep 13, 2022.

1. Metanis Bad Company

Not to be too picky here but this is pretty useless for us clerics who routinely have PLAYERS assigned to our xtarget window.

Also, since the NAME of the object is already in the appropriate "consider" color the little box doesn't really impart new information!

So could you add an option to just turn off this unnecessary innovation?

Thanks!
    Moege likes this.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

I second this suggestion.

This, like the chat message xp percentage, seems like a pointless feature that I don't ever recall seeing people asking for. Changes like these feel like dev busy work/vanity projects. I think their time could be better spent doing more important things, like fixing actual bugs.
    Moege, Metanis and Yinla like this.
  3. GrandOpener Elder

Personally I quite appreciate these little quality-of-life changes. I don't consider them busy work at all. They don't have the same impact or priority as fixing major bugs or working on lag issues, but they probably don't take nearly as much effort to implement either. I sincerely hope they can continue making little improvements like this while also fixing bugs.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  4. Sancus Augur

The important part of the feature isn't the con color, it's that you can now see which target on your extended target window you have targetted. There are many instances in EQ when you're fighting multiple monsters with the same name, and therefore it is impossible to tell which one of the (for example) six "a pli liako" you have targetted. The main use case is likely for classes multidotting and for tank classes establishing aggro on multiple mobs, but there's some utility for anyone who's trying to do more targeting than just /assist.

I'm not really conceptually opposed to adding an option to turn it off, but it's weird to me to complain about dev time spent on QoL features while also asking for dev time to be spent to add an option to turn off something that has no functional detriment.
    Carden, Fenthen, menown and 1 other person like this.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Use a custome UI which totally ignores these changes and the previous increase to 20, I'm happy with the 13 I had previously so haven't bothered updating my UI for the over excessive 20 on the list.

Though it does concern me that this change is due to up and coming raids in the next expansion....I really don't want to be dealing with 20 mobs at the same time, especially after chanter mez nerfs which caused a fair chunk of them to quit.

The exp 0.000% is very demoralizing and I really dont know what they were thinking. I already knew there was no point in me exping, I really didn't need it ramming down my throat every kill. :rolleyes:
    Metanis likes this.
  6. Bernel Augur

One way to address this would be to only print the percentage if the value is greater than 0. So these would be the messages:

• Get 0.5% experience --> You gain experience! (0.5%)
    • Get 0 experience --> (whatever it was before this change. I can't remember what it printed. Perhaps "You gain experience!" even though the experience you gain is just the fun you had doing it rather than XP.)
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. Wulfhere Augur

If you have 100% xp going to AA then it reports 0.000% which is correct in that it's not reporting AA xp.
    Nennius likes this.
  8. Shillingworth Augur

Your likely in for a rude surprise when you find what a lot of us are upset about in the UI development community. That thing is hard coded in a bizzare manner and can't simply be ignored. It will look for two elements with the ScreenIDs ETW_GaugeN and ETW_AggroPercN, where N is the index of the current target in the ext target window. It will use the Top-Right corner of ETW_GaugeN and the bottom-left of ETW_AggroPercN to form the rectangle you see, which may look really messed up if the UI author chose to move those elements to more desirable positions. Knowing it's done via ScreenIDs however was a nice find, means we can control it without moving the gauge or aggro percent label, just by moving their ScreenIDs onto say a layout box or more useful a StaticAnimation to display an image in it's place.
    Zunnoab likes this.
  9. Angahran Augur

Or even better, if your XP 'gain' is zero dosen't even bother with the massege :) or, if you like 'flavor' messages, something like "You killed an insignificant foe."
    Fenthen likes this.
  10. Forcallen Augur

First raid night since patch for me. Something you did has made raid lag even worse. Every event, script, spell cast, global refresh all horrible in every instance on Drinal tonight.
    Carden and Fenthen like this.
  11. Fenthen aka Rath

Unfortunately, it hasn't!

PS - What are bits and points? Why was that not mentioned in the patch notes?
  12. Moege Augur

Same here and then on raids I crashed (after 21 Sept crash) 3 times where I never crashed in the past 2 years. Going to keep my same UI but I suspect the indicator is to blame. Suspect trying to put an indicator on an non-existing slot .
  13. Metanis Bad Company

I'm going to eat crow here.

It's always been fairly easy to have the same player added to xtarget more than once. This feature makes it easy to determine if your target is already added.

That's because the OCD in me wants to have each tank on the xtarget window BUT ONLY ONCE.

Pass the ketchup please!
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  14. Iven Antonius Bayle

It is a very usefull feature for melee classes, especially for tanks and I was asking for it in the suggestions nearly two years ago. Better a bit late than never ! :p The frame got extended by the con color which is not bad.