Test Update 09/13/2022 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Sep 13, 2022.

1. Stymie Pendragon

Thank you all for this change!
    Velisaris_MS, Nennius and Meeko like this.
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

"Made improvements to how achievements are processed to further reduce zone lag."

This has serious potential to improve things. Thank you.
  3. Jumvapace The Most hated

While the idea of the feature is nice, hard coding it to individual elements within each target group is very limiting. As a colorblind player, I rely heavily on custom UI pieces in order to see a lot of things. As it currently stands, my Aggro % is on the right side of each group, so I only see a sliver of the 'con' color next to my aggro %. Is there a chance that these relative positions could change in the future and anchor the box to something else? I'd really like to use this feature, but not a fan of rearranging things again and again just to see this actually outline my target and deal with my colorblind issues.

As a side note, being able to adjust the 'consider' colors on the user side would be a huge benefit to colorblind people. Currently, that I'm aware of, you can only change the color of your target ring to custom colors. Until I discovered this feature, I was absolutely unable to tell the difference between a mob that was 'light blue' and a 'white' con, without targetting it first and hitting the "C" key to read the text. Now I just have to target it and look at the target ring color (my light blue target ring is now Hot fluorescent pink). Either way is still not a very speedy way to tell what's on the ETW for mezzing/charm/killing ;p
    Zunnoab and Emilari like this.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

From the patch notes:

"- Changed -

EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml
    EQUI_TargetWindow.xml"

Can anyone share the changes in these windows? I am getting brave (or very foolhardy) and I want to give a shot at updating my version of these two windows.
  5. Meeko Developer(Code)

PW_AggroNameSecondaryLabel
    Target_AggroNameSecondaryLabel

These two labels had left and right anchor offset values added as part of this change:

Thunderkiks and Nennius like this.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

Thank you
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Just remove achievements, overseer, advanced loot, the ability to access housing information outside the housing zone, and I bet most lag would poof outside of instance request delays during peak times when new content is released.
  8. NatazzEvoli Elder

One of these rounds hiring new mercenaries with open slots will be addressed instead of solved with "remove them all and rehire all slots".
    Hobitses likes this.
  9. Malbro Augur

"Quote: EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml"

What was done to the player window? I didn't see any mention when reading through the patch notes until I got to the window pieces that were changed.

Never mind, I see the changes in your answer later in the thread.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Remove things that you have no evidence would reduce lag and are key advertised features of the game?
    Zunnoab and Syylke_EMarr like this.
  11. Drakah UI Designer

I will assume you coded it this way to limit the need of extra code but it poses another new issue with custom UI's that rely on the aggro percent to be elsewhere, such as the right side of the HP bar. You are pretty much forced to move it to be at the bottom left of the bar, which does not look right but it is what it is. I hope that when the new front-end UI is created that you give the players the flexibility to be creative.
    Tucoh, Hobitses, Syylke_EMarr and 2 others like this.
  12. SteamFox Augur

13. Syylke_EMarr Augur

You can make it work if it's on the bottom right, but requires some specific settings:
    [IMG]
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

In fairness Acheivements systen is definitely involved with lag or there would not have been a couple of appearances about them being altered to reduce zone lag - but that's one system I think is a fairly modern staple of MMO/Gaming in general so it should stay.

Housing & Bank inventory affects the time it takes for characters to load into the world but I dunno if it contributes to lag once you are already zoned in, probably not.

No clue on the others.

Lag is driven by a lot of moving parts, pets, swarm pets, vastly more hits to calculate & vastly more spells thanks to triggered proc effects (on melee swings as well as casts) are probably not even the tip of the iceberg.
  15. Syylke_EMarr Augur

And there are simply a lot of different types of lag, which may not be related to the same systems/causes. Zoning lag is different from spell lag (for example), at least in gameplay effects, so I wouldn't be surprised if the causes of each may be different.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Warpeace Augur

It would be interesting to see what they plan to convert to true 64 bit and when then how it would affect lag. Combat calculations would seem to be a good focus considering how much happens per second per character then multiply that by a raid force on its own. That still leaves a lot out of what happens per server during that specific time such as other raids, group and solo play.

The game just feels bloated overall:( .
    Stymie likes this.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I was more referring to the calls for removing overseer (which servers lagged before it was introduced) and advanced loot which I would think only impacts when people use it and part of that is client side only. This wasn't the only call by the poster to remove overseer and advanced looting in the name of testing lag reduction.
    Skuz likes this.
  18. MarttinPH Augur

For some reason I find this hilarious. I know I am being pedantic. I think it would have been better to write

"Elder Animist Dumul in Shar Vahl will accept the Copper Medal of War starting at level 40 on level capped servers."

For the uninformed reader, they could interpret it the wrong way.

You have to be level 50 (or 40) to turn it in, no higher and no lower.
    You can't turn it in at level 50 on a level locked server.
  19. Iven the Lunatic

Nice update. Many small and good improvements that do expand the functionality. :)
  20. Svann2 The Magnificent

Auras might be a cause for lag. Constantly calculating which players are in or out.