Fixed Solteris Raid Bugged

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Logulai, Sep 20, 2022.

1. Logulai Journeyman

Just did testing for the Solteris Raid in The Buried Sea today, and it was completely broken. Ur-Floxiz Lochmaul completely reset every time the adds spawned. So without high levels we couldnt even get past that event to test the rest. Then Rear Guard captain Balreth was another completely impossible one. His room was respawning and running towards him as well as all the other mobs in the area. It wasn't the adds that are supposed to spawn during the event. You'd have 7 or so mobs spawning every 15 seconds. We obviously couldn't continue testing the rest of the events to even see if they were working properly.

The significance of this bug report is that the Aradune server is receiving this expansion in less then a month. With this being the final AND only raid during the expansion, that would be pretty detrimental to everyone's experience.
    Duder, Jimmi, Morrigan and 27 others like this.
  2. Trebla7th Augur

Additional information on Aprosis (Deadly Swarm event).

* Event begins as normal when engaging Ur-Floxiz Lochmaul.
    * During this phase, Aprosis begins his emotes (e.g., Aprosis gathers together a ball of arcane energy and prepares to hurl it at his enemies) - Community understanding is that this emote should not begin until after Ur-Floxiz Lochmaul dies.
    ** These emotes cannot be completed because in this phase Aprosis cannot be attacked nor have spells cast on him.
    * After a few seconds, he follows up with the banish emote
    ** NOTE: Nobody gets banished in this phase despite the banish emote triggering.
    * This emote repeats for a while (Aprosis gathers... BEGONE... Aprosis gathers... BEGONE)
    * Eventually the adds spawn, guides say this is after 110 seconds, but I didn't get an exact timer
    * After the adds spawn, the next time Aprosis emotes "Aprosis gathers together..." the event immediately despawns and resets.

If Ur-Floxiz Lochmaul can be killed before the first wave of adds, Aprosis becomes attackable and the event appears to proceed as normal at that point. This is not reasonable (maybe not possible) by a raid of level 75 characters without higher level help.

As far as I'm aware, this event fail/reset mechanic is new and is not reported in any community guides. It does not appear to be intentional due, in large part, to the lack of any explanation as to why the event would fail. For example, Mayong's Mistresses gives flavor text hinting at your reason for failure. Aprosis event simply despawns with no emote or text from the event.

The presence of Aprosis's banishment emotes during the first phase of the event is further indication that the event is bugged.

Edit: Issues with this event are likely caused by/related to the fix provided for the bug reported here: Confirmed - Solteris Event 2 doesn't activate | EverQuest Forums (daybreakgames.com)
    Morrigan, Wyora, Lhus and 11 others like this.
  3. Logulai Journeyman

After further investigation on Rear Guard Captain Baltreth it looks like he completely respawns his island. This also caused an issue with the 4th boss (Astire, the lunar eclipse) as it caused her to spawn several times while I was fighting Balreth. I didn't notice until I finally got her. I'm assuming this had to do with Balreth resetting due to not being balanced properly, which in turn respawned the island over and over.
    .[IMG]
    Morrigan, Wyora, Trebla7th and 5 others like this.
  4. Rogean Lorekeeper

These are going to be big issues when Aradune and Rizlona get to Buried Sea. We're also past the point of getting this in a patch before the expansion opens, since October's patch will likely be after the 13th. Is there any way to get this hotfixed before TBS opens?
    Jimmi, Wyora, Skuz and 2 others like this.
  5. Lhus Journeyman

Please hotfix this prior to Oct 12th.
    Jimmi likes this.
  6. Morrigan Bowjobs

Yes, hopefully this can be fixed before the launch of TSS on Aradune since this would hault all guilds progress on the server not being able to get past the 2nd/3rd boss..
  7. Hamshire Augur

So whats the story with this? The Buried Sea launches on the 13th and the next patch is on the 19th and people will be ready to raid Solteris within a few hours of its launch. Is this actually fixed in game yet or are Rizlona and Aradune stuck for a week with broken content?
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

This was hotfixed on 9/27
    Rondor, Rogean, Duder and 1 other person like this.
  9. Hamshire Augur

Thank you for the response
  10. Rogean Lorekeeper

Thanks Ngreth!