Fragment of Legendary Alaran Awarding Incorrect %

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by MrFancypants, Sep 13, 2022.

1. MrFancypants New Member

Unless something has recently changed with the Alaran Tear system (since pre-faction bonus week) -- currently leveling a Tier 1 Tear and using 2 Fragments produced 20% total.

That means the Fragments are only awarding 10% in Tier 1 -- was under the impression it should be 30% and tapering down to 10% around Tier 8/9.

Reported through Petition -- posting here to see if can be duplicated elsewhere.

**Also -- wouldn't 2x faction normally INCREASE Tear gains??
  2. Brickhaus Augur

The Tear is not a faction thing...it's a unique thing all to itself. You've never gained extra gains from boosted faction events.

The percentage gained I have no recent experience with. I've never clicked a tablet in the last 8 years before a tear reached level 10.

The tablets taper down to 5 percent, not 10 percent.
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Don't click fragments at level 1. You're wasting them. Wait until you have enough fragments banked to finish the tear before clicking. After level 10 you'll gain 5% per click, which is more valuable in terms of overall xp the higher level the tear is.

Also I have no idea why you might think a faction bonus would affect evolving item xp, but it doesn't. Not a bug.
  4. Angahran Augur

Would be nice if there was some place to farm these but as far as I recall they are locked behind the trivial loot code so you can't simply slaughter low level mobs to get them.

Maybe add them to the loyalty vendor ? or Overseer merchant ?
  5. CrazyLarth Augur

6. MrFancypants New Member

Let be more specific -- I've been running `Fear Begins At Home` specifically across a dozen toons sometimes clicking just for the fun of it I've realized these exact numbers:

As of October 2020, each fragment evolves the tear as follows:
    1 - Very Small Stone Tear - 30%
    2 - Small Stone Tear - 30%
    3 - Small Resonating Stone Tear - 25%
    4 - Small Glowing Stone Tear - 25%
    5 - Very Small Clear Stone Tear - 20%
    6 - Small Clear Stone Tear - 20%
    7 - Small Clear Resonating Stone Tear - 15%
    8 - Small Clear Glowing Stone Tear - 10%
    9 - Stone Tear - 10%
    10 - Echoing Stone Tear - 5%
    11 - Resonating Stone Tear - 5%
    12 - Glowing Stone Tear - 5%
    13 - Heavy Stone Tear - 5%
    14 - Heavy Echoing Stone Tear - 5%
    15 - Heavy Resonating Stone Tear - 5%
    16 - Heavy Glowing Stone Tear - 5%
    17 - Darkened Stone Tear - 5%
    18 - Darkened Resonating Stone Tear - 5%
    19 - Darkened Glowing Stone Tear - 5%
    20 - The Tears of Alaris

Within the last week -=- something has changed.

Very Small Stone Tear is only awarding 10% upon Fragment usage. [This is the *BUG* in question]

Whether or not I *should* use them at level 1 is irrelevant and the mention of faction was a question of ignorance.

This is my 14th character running a Tear to Level 10 before burning 200 Fragments -- sometimes I like to click the Fragments and see it jump...that didn't happen this time.

Thanks
  7. MrFancypants New Member

`Fear Begins At Home` -- starting with an NPC in Forsaken territory of Shard's Landing --
    Task: Kill 10 Alaran in the Underground City (any of the workers or guards around first couple rooms...including those sleeping).

Setup a Fellowship and bring a Druid/Wizzie for the group -- can complete in less time than it takes to refresh the Fellowship for 1 Fragment per member of group. Can be completed in 2-3 days of back-and-forth...the only bottleneck is the Fellowship refresh.
  8. Soulbanshee Augur

I think that was the old (original) form of the tear? I seem to remember when they revamped the tear to require less exp (and as such had something like -1 on the original stats), that the fragment gave a flat 10% no matter the evolve level.
  9. MrFancypants New Member

Well, that post and those numbers have been working correctly until last week.

Received 30% for a couple and 20% on others throughout the Summer in early stages testing out various methods; and most definitely was only getting 5% on anything post-Tier10.

~confused~
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

MrFancypants likes this.
  11. MrFancypants New Member

Perfect !!

My numbers were off but it seems this was the first time I've tried Tier 1...!!
    What a waste !!

Thanks for clearing this up.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  12. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

Xyroff-cazic. likes this.