Good spot to solo AAs as a 120 necro?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by MachoSod, Sep 10, 2022.

1. MachoSod Lorekeeper

Does anyone have a good spot to solo AAs as a necro at 120? Spent countless hours in Sathirs Tomb at 110 since since I could root rot 3-4 enemies at a time since they didn’t have massive HPs and didn’t summon. With lesson going I would get 3-5AAs per kill. It was amazing.

I’m sure there is another spot like that but I haven’t done a good job noting which mobs summon and which don’t.

I’m thinking it will probably be in TOV. The dwarves in GD are pretty good but not great exp without a bonus weekend. Maybe ToL too but there seems to be a huge increase in HP which greatly slows my rate of kills.
  2. ShadowMan Augur

Prior to the nerf to doom dots (no longer stack so sustainability went out the window) kiting in GD was the best spot for ToV and CoV.

In ToL I have resorted to using outside toons to help get 9-12 mobs bunched up and dealt with while the necro burns them down under lesson. Camp out and repeat every 15-20 minutes. Takes hours to run a lesson this way but only way solo/boxed I have found to replicate what we used to be able to do in 30 minutes kiting.
  3. MachoSod Lorekeeper

Dang… my box is free to play so they are stuck in ToV. I have had some luck in Umbral Plains with the alien guys. But slow going.
  4. Tesserakt New Member

If you can, work your way through progression so you can do the following partisans:
    Vex Thal 1
    Basilica 1
    Basilica 3
    Blood falls 1
    Blood falls 3

They are all no kill and yield 18-19AA each. Once you get your pattern down, you can do them all easily in 30-45 minutes and get 95 AA. You can repeat that every hour.
    All progression other than missions can be moloed as a 120 necro.
    menown and Wulfhere like this.
  5. Tesserakt New Member

If you don’t want to do all that, just do Basilica 1 and 3. Bind in Shadow Valley or Basilica quest giver if possible and you can do those two in less than 5 minutes for 38 AA. Just do them at the start and end of each play session for 76AA for basically no effort.
  6. MachoSod Lorekeeper

Awesome! I’ve already done all of progression. Didn’t even think about repeating these ones! Thanks.
  7. MachoSod Lorekeeper

Awesome! Thanks. Didn’t even think of this as an option.
  8. Tesserakt New Member

Over the Labor Day bonus weekend, I ran those over and over. Got close to 3500AA and finished all relevant focus AAs, pet defensive stuff, enhanced decay, and final dot crit AAs. Now im just working on hunters, camping augs and relaxing to next expac. I still start each play session with Basilica 1 and 3 cause why not.

Good luck!
  9. MachoSod Lorekeeper

Did the bonus apply to partisan quests?! If so, does lesson? I didn’t think it did.
  10. Tesserakt New Member

Lesson does not. Bonus exp did. I was getting 37 or 38 AA per partisan quest.
  11. Supermoist New Member

Necro is my fav class, and main, on Firiona Vie. "Bloodykisses" is the name, maxed at 56k aa's. Love him and my Rogue, then Paladin, and then Mage