Another Fresh Start Mischief (like) Server Please!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by KRYGZ, Aug 25, 2022.

1. KRYGZ Lorekeeper

I started playing on Mischief 2 weeks ago, and boy this has been the most fun I've ever had in EQ since 2001. I really am depressed I wasn't able to start from the beginning, but it is what it is. Do you guys think we will see another server like this next year?
    wade_watts likes this.
  2. Chopsuey Augur

It's definitely a fun ruleset. I hope we don't see another like it for 2-3 more years though. Would be more incentive for the current Mischiefers to ride out the server for longer. Who knows, maybe people will realize life after PoP isn't so bad.
    wade_watts and Appren like this.
  3. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I checked my Magic Krono and it said, "Yes."
  4. Ddezul Augur

Krono boys don't play after PoP.
  5. Kukaw Augur

ROFL
  6. Nozraku Lorekeeper

Tell the truth...life after PoP is horrible.....until TSS.
    Vlahkmaak likes this.
  7. Seferis New Member

Just go play on Yelinak if you want to rehash old content
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Next year? I doubt it.

Mischief is absolutely a "special ruleset" and a unique one among other servers that are also tagged as "special ruleset".
    Personally I would not expect to see a "Mischief clone" appear for a few years to spare the original from being cannibalized by its progeny.

I'd personally prefer it if a "Mischief Clone" only showed up once the original had completed its full run to live but I have a feeling one might show up sooner than that given how successful its launch was - at least if the original server population really start to nose-dive.

TLP kinda have "Families" now.

"Standard TLP" (Phinigel, Coirnav, Mangler, Yelinak"
    "Fast TLP" (Selo, Vaniki)
    "Free-Trade TLP" (Mischief, Thornblade)
    "Boxing TLP" (Ragefire, Rizlona)
    "One-off TLP" (Agnarr, Miragul, Aradune)
    Appren and Yinla like this.
  9. Chopsuey Augur

Not in my opinion. GoD, omens, dodh are all really good expansions. DoN and PoR are kind of meh but still offer lots of group content.
    Appren, Xanathol, code-zero and 2 others like this.
  10. Vlahkmaak Augur

...true-box, unlimited accounts, with all classes from start though.
  11. Enuen Journeyman

Mischief rule set, with NO boxing or 3rd party programs allowed at all.

Sounds crazy, but we all know that's the direction they're currently moving. So let's do it, stop pussyfooting around. No more half measures and random rule enforcement. Here are the rules, take it or leave it ... play it or don't.

Either people will love the server or it will finally drive the stake into the undying heart of this game. After 20+ years, I'm personally good with either result.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I have a strong suspicion you'd be waiting a very long time for that to even be considered for any server ever, because it's nigh-on impossible to enforce that, this is not P99.
  13. Tweakfour17 Augur

I'm guessing you "this is the direction they're going" is in reference to 3rd party software and not the boxing portion of your ruleset because they've been going in the other direction with (finally) relaxing truebox mid cycle and then removing it entirely by the time it is a hindrance to properly playing more than 1 character.
    Appren and Skuz like this.
  14. Zapsos Augur

A server without parsing or GINA sounds MISERABLE
  15. Quik Augur

I know right? People would have to actually pay attention in fights and use their own ability to decide when to react...
  16. Shamamy New Member

If not like Mischief i will like to see Free Trade server without random loot, so its keep Mischief unique still with random loot and make other ppls who want fresh server with free trade happy :)
  17. Mashef Augur

Mischief was amazingly fun at the group level. I would love to see the randomization of loot for group mobs with the RARE tag on another server. This also trivialized the AFK bot farmer types since group loot was plenty available. It also made barrier to entry to the server non-existent.

I would love to see them take the concept of T1 (or loot bucket 1 if you will) raid targets for each expansion and do not randomize those. Make it so you need to kill the top targets. Maybe classic/kunark are exceptions to that where it is boring enough raiding just randomize it all.

Moving to Velious and beyond...It was really really awful raiding 100000x yelinaks and never hitting tunare/aow and rarely Vulak. Your guild was much more successful if you just skipped AOW and did 6 KTs. Going into Sleepers was pointless as you could just hit NTOV. Same problems persisted into POP. You end up split raiding 50 Tallon Zeks (or vallon i don't remember) in tactics and running 7 Solro Towers and skipping the gods and all reasonably fun content to just mass farm the same easy mode mob over and over for maximum time gear.

Raiding on mischief got a little boring once the loot buckets were identified and you knew which easy mobs would drop the good loot.

A mischief-like server would be fun but it could use some tweaking at the top end to make the fun more sustainable.
    Skuz likes this.
  18. Vlahkmaak Augur

EQ w/o boxing would be terrible.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Not necessarily.

Boxing in EQ is simply the player-created solution to the game having almost zero "in era" solo content crafted for any expansion.

And to be fair to the devs why should they craft solo content when players box in order to solo play anyway, the game gets fewer players pumping in more money via boxing.

Maybe after the game has seen a UI revamp, which it is slated to get and a gfx revamp (if it ever even gets one) then maybe creating a "solo journey" through EQ from 1-120+ would make some sense as part of a new player drive, but thats a very big "what if".
  20. Ddezul Augur

No it's not. GoD , OoW and DoDH are excellent with good themes and great content.