Why aren't TLP Servers Free to Play like Live Servers?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Brontus, Aug 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brontus EQ Player Activist

I just once and for all proved that the TLP servers are indeed PREMIUM servers by displaying the relevant images from the All Access Pass. Daybreak Games openly uses the PREMIUM concept to market EverQuest.

Since TLP servers are premium severs, players have every right to inquire, question, and determine if the features they are getting for their money have enough perceived value for them to subscribe.
  2. Spacemonkey555 Augur

I agree, it's time to end FTP. No pay, no play.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Where is your evidence that it would be better for Daybreak to open all servers up to free to play?

Also you need to quit with your lies about TLP players being forced to pay anything more then a live player does. If a live player wants to be in current content and current gear they need to be paying for a subscription or using a krono just like a TLP player in order to use most group gear or any raid gear.
    code-zero likes this.
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

TLP players like an authentic experience. They are so set on authentic that they have prevented live servers from getting character model and other updates to old zones.

FTP didn't exist in early EQ. It was fully subscription access. Having to pay to play on TLP is an important part of the authenticity.

As they say, ask and ye shall receive.
    code-zero likes this.
  5. Aenoan Augur

If I recall. Mercs got changed recently, and now only one type of merc exists so I don't free trials even get them anymore.
  6. Triconix Augur

That's correct. I forgot about that. FTP shouldn't have access to mercs which would be pretty crippling on Live. Not so much on TLPs.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There are still two tiers of mercs and ftp is still limited to an apprentice merc.
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Aenoan Augur

May 18, 2022
    - Mercenaries have been simplified. There are no longer Tiers of mercenaries, only Apprentice and Journeyman ranks. - - The Apprentice mercenaries are the former Apprentice Tier-V while Journeyman mercenaries are the former Journeyman Tier-V. - - You must have an all-access account in order to use Journeyman mercenaries. This includes temporary all access gained through using Krono.
    Yup, found it thanks I knew it changes I just couldn't remember the how and in what way.

EDIT - DPG why is copypasta just the absolute worst on these forums? Can you now finally fix this so font size, color, font itself isn't weirdly changed and looks bad?
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

In the very upper left of the post window just to the left of the font family drop down box there is a button you can click to remove all formatting from the selected text which will fix all of those issues.

I used it on what you posted when I quoted you.
    Aenoan likes this.
  10. Accendo Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.