Fixed Fast casting AAs being cast simultaneously

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Juzam_Djinn, Aug 18, 2022.

1. Juzam_Djinn Elder

I don't know if this was related to the patch or not, but recently something has messed up my macro that casts the Druid AAs Nature's Fire, Nature's Frost, and Nature's Bolt.

Previously this macro:

[IMG]

Would cast Nature's Fire, Nature's Frost, and Nature's Bolt in that order. Most of the time, only one would actually ever go off due to the cast time on each of them, I would hit this in between regular spell casts. Occasionally more than one would actually go off, but as far as I can remember, the mob would get hit by whatever managed to fire off.

However, when I hit the button now, all three get "cast," I see the spell casting message for each one, but only one of them actually hits the mob. This still causes all three of them to go on cooldown, despite only one actually firing off.

This issue still occurs even if I make a hotkey for each AA via the AA window and bind them all to a single keystroke, all three attempt to cast and only one lands on the mob causing all three to go on cooldown.
    Lleyton, Laurana, Emilari and 12 others like this.
  2. kizant Augur

I'm playing a wizard so I have 3 different AA nukes. Each has a cast time of like 0.5 seconds. My setup looks like this:

1. Create hotbar button for each of the 3 AA nukes
    2. Assign each button to the same alternate key. I use 6.
    3. Hit 6 and notice that only 1 AA nuke is cast but all 3 buttons are locked out.
    Duder likes this.
  3. niente Developer

Does anyone know roughly when this stopped working?
  4. BrotherLamp New Member

I have this issue also.
    First started noticing it last night but could have started 24 hours before.
  5. bobokatt Augur

On test I noticed this after:
    Test Update 08/09/2022

I assumed that my macro was actually working better after the patch as all 4 of my aa's I had in that macro would be locked out upon one press of the macro. In the past I would mash it a few times. Was too lazy to put timers.
    I had so many things in my song window that I never noticed that only two actually went off (landed) but all 4 were locked out after the patch.
  6. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

7. Juzam_Djinn Elder

As far as I can tell after the patch the other day. If it happened some time before that, I somehow managed to not notice all three of my AAs going on cooldown for a while.
  8. kizant Augur

Yeah it must have been last patch. Two weeks ago on raids I had 181 damage hits and 190 cast messages for my AA nukes. This past week I somehow have 199 damage hits but 417 cast messages and one of my 3 nukes never shows up at all as doing damage. I play the same way so this makes little sense.
    Duder likes this.
  9. Juzam_Djinn Elder

Yeah, looking at my log, it was on the 17th that this started happening. Prior to the 17th it was only firing off one at a time.

Pre patch I have 336 casts of Fire, 101 of Frost, and 85 of Bolt.

Post patch I have 157 casts of Fire and Bolt, and 156 of Frost. Something definitely got messed up in the patch.

[IMG]
    ChiiChii, Barton and Wulfhere like this.
  10. Juzam_Djinn Elder

OK, just did something by accident here and found out something else. I hit Secondary Recall, while it was casting I accidentally hit Tertiary Recall instead of something else, despite Secondary Recall already being cast Tertiary Recall started to cast as well, I ended up landing in my Tertiary Recall bind point.

I tried it again, the casting bar doesn't change to whatever I start casting while I am already casting another spell. If I interrupt my casting, I will get the "Ability failed" message for both, but only an interrupt message for whatever the second AA was.

This can be done with more than just one or two AAs, I just attempt to cast Mark of Travel, Secondary Recall, Tertiary Recall, Gate, and Teleport Bind all at the same time. Gate was the fastest casting one so it went off first, Mark of Travel got interrupted and reset, Secondary Recall, Tertiary Recall, and Teleport Bind didn't go off, but those three along with Gate went on cooldown.

I went to Halls of Honor just to get another AA to try out

[IMG]

I cast all of those, one by one since if I bound them all to a single key Exodus would likely have gone off first, Call of the Wild didn't go off since I didn't have a corpse targeted. For whatever reason, Mark of Travel gets interrupted while doing this, everything else however ends up going on cooldown despite not actually going off.
    Duder likes this.
  11. Juzam_Djinn Elder

eh, Mark of Travel might not be getting interrupted, I forgot its cooldown is so fast.

It seems whatever you hit last is what will keep casting and properly fire off. I hit Secondary Recall, Gate, Tertiary Recall, and Origin in that order, cast bar still said Secondary Recall and got all the way down and just stuck around while Origin was what was still casting and where I ended up.
  12. Raccoo Augur

I believe this bug happened to me on Monday. I died on a raid, got a rez and started casting Staunch Recovery, then started casting Motifier's Unity soon after (I thought Staunch was instant for some reason). I didn't get any interrupt/reset for Staunch but it did gain a cooldown, and I didn't gain any mana (also didn't receive the message for receiving the spell).

08/22/22 08:31:03 PM You begin casting Staunch Recovery.
    08/22/22 08:31:06 PM You begin casting Mortifier's Unity X.
    3 second cast time on Staunch.
    Duder likes this.
  13. Karmana New Member

I have been away for 2 weeks and this has changed during that time. I have always had AAs on my bar in order and it will cast each one per click of key but now it is putting ALL on CD but only casting one.

I noticed this when I cast my Lesson of the Devoted and hit Natures bolt which did fire but put my LOD on CD but nothing appeared!

Something has happened and my dps and macros are now all broken =(
  14. TrueNorth Developer

Was able to confirm this and it is now being tracked internally.
    Joules_Bianchi, Duder, kizant and 5 others like this.
  15. Emilari UI Designer

I'm surprised and unhappy that this wasn't addressed in the September test patch. This bug is incredibly annoying and will make beta testing the new content more difficult for those of us that don't have any open hotkey slots to activate more things individually that we used to have grouped in social keys we can't currently use.
  16. Karmana New Member

Agreed that this is upsetting to have missed this patch. It affects my ability to play my mage efficiently.

Can we get an update?
    Emilari likes this.
  17. niente Developer

I am also unhappy this didn't make it to the September patch. We will fix it as soon as we can.
    Joules_Bianchi, Ndaara, Duder and 4 others like this.
  18. Velisaris_MS Augur

Just do another patch...like you guys used to do when things got broken and needed to be fixed.
    Fenthen, Duder and Silvena like this.
  19. Angahran Augur

You are using all 1440 hotkey slots ? 12 hotbars of 12 buttons and 10 pages per bar ?
  20. Emilari UI Designer

Yes. I have a rather unhealthy clicky and potion/poison addiction, and I use several different playstyles; I don't just use one setup and heal raids and groups with it.

Needing to go from 2 rez keys back to 4, among a multitude of other things, is incredibly inconvenient.