Overseer Request

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Skrab, Aug 20, 2022.

1. Whulfgar Augur

Ok, now we have reached ultimate laziness..
    Thunderkiks, Andarriel and Nennius like this.
  2. Whulfgar Augur

Someone had to say it ..
    Andarriel and Nennius like this.
  3. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

As opposed to sitting in a corner and periodically checking EQ once every 20 minutes? EQ is the lazy person's game.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  4. Paladin Augur

I know so many players that like doing both Collections and Hunters. In fact, once progression is done, the focus turns to Hunters as an activity to pursue and then Collectibles. The 100% add to the game, imo, by way of rewards to earn and adventures to pursue.

Now Collections being added to Overseer, I was a bit put off by that, but they are actual tradable items Players can acquire other than by picking up or looting them themselves, so... I was not that put off by it.

Hunters on the other hand... these are MoB kills, not items. Very different.

If things like this... how long before tasks, progression, achievements and so forth are added to Overseer.

I still maintain this is not a good idea. Now, if more things were added to the Overseer Vendor (like items that were only awarded one time / temporarily in the past... not to be confused with the 'removed' items sold by Marcia)... now that would be a plus.

/shrug
  5. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

You can still sell Hunter achievements.
  6. Paladin Augur

You can also sell Task Adds, Loot Rights (even for raid loot).... and so on.

With that logic, why not add it all to Overseer, which would kill EQ.
  7. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Hyperbolic. Overseer didn't even kill PL services.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Thats because overseer's xp isnt that great i mean you can level over time on it but it takes a good while.
    Wdor and Nennius like this.
  9. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Exactly the same concept for hunter targets. It’s not that great, but you can over time get it done and slowly work on targets.

This helps alts too, since EQ achievements aren’t account wide.
    Tatanka likes this.
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

obviously you like easy mode!
  11. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I could see it working like collections where you need 4 rewards to get one checkmark; if this were to be done I would suggest 10 'Assassination Tokens' to get one hunter checkmark; and also excluding current expansion.
    Skrab likes this.
  12. Agrun Apprentice

Maybe something like this could work if you had to gather so may fragments to make a "Lure of ....".
    You take your Lure token to the appropriate zone and click it to spawn your named mob. You then still have to kill it to get the hunter credit. Perhaps lured versions that are spawned could be lootless to prevent saturation of certain items.
    Kaenneth, Wdor and Rijacki like this.
  13. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

On Povar we hold open raids specifically for this purpose during every increased spawn rate event. Works wonderfully.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

While I am not sure this is a good idea there are a few things to remember. First is collection achievements can be completed without ever setting foot in the expansion or grouping. Since they are all tradeable it is not that hard to collect them all without doing any effort. Second is the last time I checked it is possible to complete the hunter achievements without setting foot in the expansion as you can get kill credit if you are in the same group/raid even if you are not in the same zone.

As it stands it is possible to complete both collection and hunter achievements without actually playing in the expansion content.
    Gialana likes this.
  15. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea if they did add them and i hope they dont make it expensive.