Please change 2 true-box limit to 6 true-box limit on Aradune

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jalarm, Aug 12, 2022.

1. Captain Video Augur

You know my views and I know yours.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

Interestingly I can't say I've met more than 5 people who play live eq and play tlp beyond the yearly classic run to farm krono. Maybe we just run in different circles.
  3. Triconix Augur

There are like 10 of us all from my live server guild who play on either Aradune or Vaniki (or both) currently just off the top of my head. I know of dozens of other people from live playing on Vaniki. There's an entire guild on Vaniki that's also a live guild (Township Rebellion on Luclin / Rownship Tebellion on Vaniki).

There are a ton of people who play both live and TLP. You just need to look.
    Duder, Ravanta Suffer and adetia like this.
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

Ah Vaniki, makes sense since the rewards carry back home.
  5. Jalarm Jalar

Really you don't and I don't. The problem with forum quest is that people try to perform for an audience. If you don't play on Aradune, reach out to me from your live character. We both have a common interest in the vitality and longevity of the Aradune server so I'm sure there is some common ground.
    Jimmi likes this.
  6. Triconix Augur

I also stated there are quite a few on Aradune as well. It's not just a Vaniki thing. There simply isn't enough content available on live to sustain a player each year. They are either going to play on another live server or TLP.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  7. Captain Video Augur

The words "vitality" and "longevity" have no meaning to me in this context.

I've said this before, and I'll say it one more time. The so-called "modern game", from TSS onward, is all about progression. You have to be in a guild, even if it's a small one, to work your way through that progression in-era. A six-boxer can do the progression solo, but he won't be able to stay in-era for very long past TSS, and then what's the point of being on a TLP, you can do all that on a Live server. Past TLPs have already taught us that very few players exist who want to do the challenge of making it through the entire progression and staying in-era. On Phinigel it was one guild. On Coirnav it may end up being no guilds. I don't know current status on Mangler, but I do know it's small.

My own measure of the success of Aradune is whether or not there will be at least one healthy guild which is committed to this goal, making it to Live and in-era. I do not currently see any guild that qualifies. Everything is fragmented. On the prior TLPs, partial guilds were consolidating at this stage, a process that takes some time and negotiation on the part of the leadership. That should be happening on this server now, but it isn't. Instead, everyone seems to want to fight over the ruleset, as if a change to that ruleset will magically reverse the population decline. Instead, I assert it would just turn Aradune into Rizlona II, and I want no part of that.

My previous (smaller) guild on Aradune has broken up, and I am currently guildless there. We lost a few to Vaniki, we lost a few to Yelinak, and we lost more than a few to the general sense of no leadership on this server. If I don't see any true leadership emerge, and there is no guild I want to join, then I'll abandon it too, and it won't matter what the ruleset is.
  8. SoandsoForumUser Augur

I think 8 guilds cleared HoT in era for Mangler (KnK, MESS, PA, AD, DoR, HD, EM, TGR). Not sure on SS and I don't keep up with the european guilds much.
  9. Ddezul Augur

Leadership?
    Have you talked to any GMs of the guilds on Aradune? Most are solid folks. Guilds are consolidating . I know LD3 and AM have both taken in a bunch of new folks lately.

Aradune is pretty strong at the top end.
  10. Bullsnooze Augur

You’re 100% correct. There are a lot of guilds that are struggling with numbers on Aradune. For example, my guild in particular has cleared TSS, but if we have 2-3 core people absent on a raid night we’re in for a tough run. There’s no new blood to recruit and we’re bleeding members by the month. I also know that no guild wants to truly merge with another either - everyone’s holding on for some reason rather than solidifying numbers.

My guess is that we’ll see a pretty big numbers decline with The Buried Sea and then again during Seeds of Destruction. Those long in between no level expansions hurt the populace.

I think raising the 2-box limit to 3 would do wonders for Aradune. If you’re going to raise it to 6 you might as well merge it with Rizlona.
    Nork likes this.
  11. Bigkahuna New Member

Please make this happen!
    Jimmi and PatCleric like this.
  12. jeskola pheerie

Riz has a lot of people boxing 12+. Like a lot. This would not make Aradune like Rizlona.
    Jimmi likes this.
  13. Jimmi New Member

If not a 6-truebox, at least consider 3!
  14. Bewts Augur

There needs to be a greater reward for an account that makes it to live on a TLP.

What that looks like could have an entire dedicated thread to discuss…

But if the reward was significant enough, TLP populations could experience a solid boost of live players pushing through content for the grand reward for their live account(s).
  15. Thellonious Journeyman

We're having issues on Vaniki with weaponized mass reports against people boxing (relaxed truebox, but many folks play on 2+ computers, which seems well within the spirit of the server rule). Is there a way to handle people weaponizing the reporting system in place? Or do players just need to prepare to eat invalid suspensions in the future?
    Jimmi likes this.
  16. Bullsnooze Augur

Not sure what you mean? My thought was if they raised the Aradune cap to 6 then they might as well just merge it with Rizlona since they technically fraternal twins brother Truebox and sister No Boxing Limit servers at the same era?
  17. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I'm not sure about TFC, but EC is at Vault in EoK with 5 weeks to go. I do think it is fair to say we are on box support (about 40ish % of the raid).
  18. SteamFox Augur

Let's just say TFC is behind that...
  19. dentalplan lisa needs braces

Are people being suspended without actually violating the rules? I'm not sure I understand what the issue is here.
  20. Nenton Augur

Due to reasons, the second to last (current content raiding) guild of primarily humans on Rizlona has folded. I don't know how many more expansions the roving bands of robots can last but surely a server being down to a single raiding guild at only TSS is a record?

This is mostly a PSA as there had recently been some transfers in from Aradune to Rizlona (bad timing) and people would be wise to not be doing that anymore. Whatever your situation is on Aradune it can't be as bad as Rizlona at this point considering Daybreak clamping down on cheating would wipe out the vast majority of the remaining robot guilds/players on the server.