Necromancer box crew suggestions

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Tavaren, Jul 10, 2022.

1. Tavaren New Member

Good day all this is first time I am playing a necro as a main and was looking for some box toon suggestions , right now I am playing on vaniki and lvling a bard and shaman to go with said necro but not really sure what to add as a 4th toon been suggested so far ranger, sk and or mage , so figure I'd ask other peoples opinions
  2. Rizzin Elder

I boxed a Necro and Enchanter for a long time. That combo allowed me to go anywhere and kill just about all group content (some missions were too difficult as I couldn't generate enough DPS quickly enough) and kill most named. Between Mez, Feign Death, Invis and IVU, I could get just about anywhere.

An Enchanter's ADPS is a pretty big value add for the Necro - Illusions of Grandeur, when timed with the Necro burns appropriately, allows my Necro to hit around 2.5M DPS against named at level 120 (I tap out at about 1.8M without it).
  3. MustardonWatermelon Elder

Here we go. SK. The very best there is. When you absolutely positively got to kill every mobile object in the room, accept no substitute.
  4. Gnomeland Augur

If you can hit 1.8 without it, adding another necromancer would up that to 3.6, which is a lot better than what an enchanter can offer. Maybe then you can generate the damage you need?
  5. Alnitak Augur

I am not sure that a shaman is a good choice for your group in the long run. Once healer mercs become available the shaman will bring very little benefits to your group. Unless you decide to add a plated tank, an SK would be the best choice for your group.

But an SK is a very busy class and is gear-dependant. If you get an SK then you'll be playing SK and will box other toons.
    Still, NEC, BRD, SHM, SK is a very versatile and powerful group. And until mercenaries is arguably the best choice you can make.

In the longer run I would replace the shaman with a beastlord (almost full set of shaman's buffs included), spot healing, massive warder tank, measurable dps, very nice aDPS given and received (from the bard). And then the fourth spot is welcoming a mage (dps, coth, DS, pet aDPS and pet gear) or a druid (dps, teleports, DS and aDPS). I prefer mage - pets also get boosted by bard's and beastlord's adps.
    Bard and Mage are very easy to box, Beatlord or Necro are about equal as boxes.
    But such pet-heavy team comes with a very different playstyle comparing to SK+Shm conventional groups. Make your choice based on personal preferences.
  6. Rizzin Elder

The other utility of the Enchanter makes some of it work so I'm not sure if what group content could work or not. Plus I still can't do some missions because the mobs won't stay on pets. Though you are correct, I could put out 2x the damage with 2 Necros (with similar stats).
  7. Gnomeland Augur

Certain missions just aren't designed to be two boxed.

But if you want to come closest to doing it in a two box, I think shadow knight + necromancer is probably close to optimal right now - I can't think of any other combination that has the needed damage and tank and self heal.

No combination with a priest can hit the necessary damage AND tank, is my guess.
    Tenafter likes this.
  8. Rizzin Elder

I think you are likely correct. I'm slowly working up an SK now (level 118 currently)... I'll test it when I get the gear and AAs (I play on test so gear is easy, but AAs are the same). Probably a few years :\