Why are the new heroics level 100 and not higher?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by MarttinPH, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Windance Augur

There are no new players. Just those who return from other games after 5, 10, 15 years.
    Koshk likes this.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I get the impression from The Newbie Zone forum-section, that there are legitimate newbies from time to time...
    Captain Video and Skuz like this.
  3. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Yes there are quite a few newbies who start at level 1, get stuck in the tutorial, don't know where to get armor or how to interact with NPC because they won't read the directions etc. But we all help them as much as we can in chat and here on the forums.

The new level 100 Heroic are solely for established players. For New players it will be the same as when the 85 came out. A new player will grab it, play it for a short period of time, become very frustrated with it because the skill set is not fps and quit. I don't know of too many original Heroics that are playing at level 120.

It doesn't matter who eats the burger so long as they sell it.
  4. Tappin Augur

DP created Kronos for trading for goods and services. There's nothing with using them in such a manner. I wasn't talking about some cheat programs or 3rd party websites either.
  5. Zunnoab Augur

Yes, perhaps I wasn't clear but "that's an interesting dilemma" was my accounting for that possibly being your meaning.

Either way this topic has convinced me it should be 110.
  6. Iven the Lunatic

As long as Daybreak's marketing strategy is focused on selling high level content expansions with an ever increasing level cap, there will be Heroic Characters and all the other mechanics like XP boni, PL and Defiant gear, that do bring the PCs quickly closer to the level cap where the players more likely will buy the latest locked expansions. This is the place where Daybreak does want the players to be and where the most amount of money does get farmed.

Once the players are coming close to the level cap the game is becoming much harder so that many players also have to buy AllAccess just for being able to handle the latest content. AllAccess is strongly bound to the latest few expansions. It does not make sense to buy a new expansion without also buying AllAccess. It is concepted as a bundle even that both things can be bought separately.
    Koshk and Skrab like this.
  7. Cryomancer New Member

IMO the problem is the ridiculous power creep. Innoruuk was lv 63 and now any noob can be lv 85...
  8. Koutarou_E'ci Elder

This is exactly what I expect.
    Koshk, FranktheBank and Skuz like this.
  9. Koutarou_E'ci Elder

The team operating in Sathir on Tunare seems relatively nice, willing to log in extra characters to generate a pick if someone actually comes to the zone wanting to do progression and do actually seem to have someone watching the screen.
  10. Koutarou_E'ci Elder

A single 120 pet class can solo the raid and flag as many people as items drop (12?)
  11. FranktheBank Augur

There is a whole lot of people screeching that 110 would be bad because they suffered so everyone else should. This is the dumbest reasoning possible and should show how clearly we need lvl 110 or 115 heroics.

Also, stop building heroics sets. Just take the lvl, say 110, ask yourself what is the final expac of that level? TBL? ok, give them full RoS conflag. EZ. Go have fun with your somewhat playable/useful character.
    Fenthen likes this.
  12. Zunnoab Augur

I don't think that's a problem it's a description of how these games work, much less probably 4x or more the predicted game lifespan.
  13. Cryomancer New Member

Look to D&D, the game exists for many decades, yet most people play low and mid levels there. The Throne of Bloodstone was launched in 1988 and till this day, there are no higher level module.

That said, IMO EQ expansions should offer more "Side grades" instead of full blown power creep and number inflation. EQ lv cap should had stayed at 60.
    Iven and Fenthen like this.
  14. Koshk Augur

Agree completely. Owning the content is Part 1A. Completing the content is Part 1B. With not only armor and weapons being Prestige-only, but the vast amount of Augments. A few classes have it easier. But largely your "bundle" concept hits the nail on the head.
  15. Dropfast Augur

I agree with 110 or even 115 for a quite a few reasons. Most of which I haven't seen mentioned is the ever-decreasing staff. We were told for a time that they would NEVER increase Heroic Toons period because of the immense amount work it would require. But after countless complaining it's finally getting done. I would think the smart thing to do would be to set it up for like 10 years to come. As it may never be done again.

I would also like to second, third, and forth they should come with 2.0 Epics! I know not all are useful, but many are. Having to go back to 16 year old content or whatever should not be a thing anymore. Really, they should come with like 5-10 of those most useful old clickies that each class should have imo. But I'm sure that won't happen...

Of course, all the spells, discs, AA's, augs, type 5 augs, and so on up to that point. I think they would sell a lot more of them the better they come out the box. It would be a nice income stream for DP. While I agree that people should learn their class before grouping, that's really not THAT big of an issue. There is plenty of time to learn your class in the last 2-4 expansions. Which all about anyone plays anymore. How often do you see people wanting to group in 6-year-old content? Almost never.
    Fenthen likes this.