Please change 2 true-box limit to 6 true-box limit on Aradune

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jalarm, Aug 12, 2022.

1. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I wouldn't hold out hope they would change the main "gimmick" of Aradune.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  2. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Or you could just spend that time on Rizlona.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Since I do not play more than one character at a time, Rizlona holds no appeal to me. I shouldn't have to leave a server I have called home for more than 2 years to escape the poor implementation of an already flawed rule.
  4. Rcbauer Augur

Who was suspended without cause?
    Who is weaponizing anything against anyone that is actually following the rules.

Newsflash: NOBODY is getting suspended for AFKing. They are running 3+ or they're using software.

Don't let them lie to you.
  5. Ishbu Augur

For someone who has posetd about 20 times on the multiple threads full of many many people wanting this changed, you sure are obtuse to think its a me thing. Its clearly a majority thing, where as you represent the minority of the community on this one.

Do you honestly not realize that? Did you not notice the 40 people who liked and agreed with the OP on the last thread vs the 4 of you against it?
  6. Ishbu Augur

There were 2 options for a returning playing to get into and learn the modern game during the onset of a global pandemic, one with mass box armies run on singular PCs and Aradune. For over a year I didnt box more than 3, but then the lack of any enforcement and game mechanics requiring 3 online characters to even use the content forced my hand. To now punish people like me another year later for that is flat out silly, to think that its a good practice is flat out ignorant, and to think that what a majority of the player base wants to continue to have a healthy enough population on the server is bad because you personally dont want it even though you plan on leaving anyways is beyond childish and selfish.
    PatCleric likes this.
  7. Ishbu Augur

Again, its not that black and white. If you think it is, you show how sheltered and privileged you are. Not being able to see past those things makes you part of the problem. If you think thats wrong, you prove me right.

And still waiting for a specific example of how I ruined the game for you. Youre the one who said I did, so back it up, because I think youve just being hyperbolizing and lying this entire time and here is your chance to prove other wise. Keep in mind, your opinion doesnt make it true, it has to be a factual thing that having 3 characters ruined the whole game.
  8. Rcbauer Augur

Yes and I know some of them in my guild are logging in all their accounts to 'like' it.

I won't resort to the personal attacks like you have.
    You chose to play on a server with a 2 box limit. Seems like they are finally policing it and it has you and some others upset.
    Follow rules. If you can't, find a place the ruleset fits your playstyle. I hear yelinak has lots of boxers so you'd fit right in. Just liquidate and sell krono there. Those boxers sell lots of 'loot rights'.

I wonder what they do with those thousands of krono they amass.
  9. Captain Video Augur

I think trying to play the pandemic card completely undermines your credibility. It is hurtful to people who lost loved ones and also those who now have long-term health problems as a result. I am quite surprised that forum moderation has allowed such remarks to be posted.

If you truly wanted to learn the modern game, you made the worst possible choice for a server. All of the Live servers were available to you (and still are). Other TLPs were available in eras past Classic but before TSS. So, there were at least 20 other options. The only things Aradune and Rizlona had to offer at that time were a Classic (non-modern) start, and Krono farming.

You've publicly admitted to cheating on the server for at least a year. The fact you might now be in the majority doesn't change that. It is, however, a negative commentary on the state of the game right now.

Server merge incoming. As the old saying goes, be careful what you ask for, you just might get it.
  10. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

First of all, let me begin by saying personal attacks - such as calling people liars or attacking the credibility of people posting in this thread - are not only against the forum guidelines, they are a poor and unsophisticated way of trying to convey your point. Let's try to refrain from those types of arguments as I think we can all agree that the people posting here are adults and should conduct themselves as such.

What I am seeing more and more of is people trying to argue against other individuals in this thread rather than making an argument for or against the rules being changed. This thread is meant for people to make a clear and concise argument either for the change of the rules, or against the change of the rules.

If you find yourself incapable of conducting yourself in a manner which will encourage a mature, respectful debate on the subject, I would kindly ask that you find another thread to take out your frustrations on. This goes for both those who are opposed to the rule change and those who are making arguments in support of it.
  11. Jalarm Jalar

CaptainVideo, I don't think people want to server merge which is why there is support for keeping truebox but relaxing the box limit. People play on Rizlona because they didn't like truebox and didn't want limitations. People play on Aradune because they liked having truebox / some limitation on amount of boxing. There is room for both types of players in this game.
  12. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Aradune doesn't just have "some limitation on amount of boxing" it has a strict limitation. You can play on the other servers without that limitation. There are people that wanted those 2 account restrictions that view your request the same way that you view Rizlona.
    Captain Video likes this.
  13. Quik Augur

Here is a simple solution.

Do an ingame poll to everyone asking if it is ok to relax the number of box accounts to whatever people want and if anyone that is CURRENTLY acctive on Aradune says they don't want it, then it ends right there. If it comes back that everyone is ok with it, then proceed.

The FAQ for Aradune was that it would always remain a 2 box limit if I remember right, so if ANYONE picked the server for that specific reason,and I am betting a lot did, in what world is it fair to now say you don't like it and want the rules to change?

EQ has a lot of options as far as servers go, I am absolutely blown away with the amount of people who feel so privileged that they feel they can literally pick the ONE server with this limit and say they don't like it anymore and want it changed.

As far as the boxers that are already doing it, I would love to see DB go in and ban every single account permanently and without warning making them lose any krono on that account or any accounts linked to them that shows krono always being traded to. We know it won't happen but it would be lovely...
    Captain Video and Rhythar like this.
  14. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

There is little to no comparison to be made between Rizlona - which has experienced a near state of lawlessness in the allowing, or lack of enforcement against, huge armies of characters and sometimes bots to be controlled by one person, without the oversight that Truebox provides - and the increase of the 2-box limit to a 3-box or even 6-box limit while maintaining Truebox or even a relaxed version thereof.

Rather than sifting through a post and identifying one aspect of that particular post that you disagree with, perhaps the strength of your argument would be better bolstered by you actually arguing against the implementation of the rules change, rather than presenting an inequitable comparison.

Had this rule been implemented in such a way that did not have the unwanted side effects that we have seen demonstrated, I might be on the other side of this argument. As it stands, the unequal and inconsistent enforcement of the rule, and the lack of the ability for the rule to be enforced more precisely - thereby resulting in unfair suspensions - forces me to have the opinion that the rule is fundamentally flawed, not only in its implementation, but in its practicality.

Let's assume for a moment there are people who might feel the same way about a person boxing 3 characters at a time as they do about the Rizlona server. Wouldn't those people be just as turned off by the introduction of mercs coming up in just over 6 months time? Most of the people who strongly oppose boxing, for which this rule was created to appease, have more than likely left the server already when the enforcement of said rule was lax, or will likely be leaving once mercs are introduced. What argument do you have for keeping the rule if most, if not all the people who supported the rule are no longer playing on the server?

Is it your opinion that a rule must be enforced even if the people who supposedly benefit from that rule are no longer playing on the server? If so, to what purpose?

I gain no benefit from the rule being removed or relaxed. The only thing I would personally benefit from is a relaxation of Truebox to allow me to box one additional character on the same machine. I do not plan to ever box more than one additional character. Until the Truebox relaxation happens, I will only play one character. Those of you that are opposed to the rule, does it benefit you one way or the other? I am curious.
  15. Captain Video Augur

99.9% of the player base want Truebox to go away; you've lost that one already. When the team chooses to flip that switch, it will affect all TLPs equally, including Aradune (if it still exists).

It doesn't matter if some players don't want a server merge, that's what I predict will happen anyway. The open defiance of the Aradune ruleset makes a merge the only remaining option, IMHO.

Wake me up when you have a DBG paycheck and a red name. Until then, it's not your place to say. Feel free to report this post along with all the others you've already reported. I will abide by whatever the actual CM tells me.
  16. Captain Video Augur

This is a false statement you keep repeating. I play on this server. Other people who are arguing against you in this very thread still play on the server. Please have the courtesy to acknowledge that we are not bots, we actually do exist.
  17. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

This is not the way a poll works. In every poll, the majority or plurality of the poll is the clear winner. Especially in a company that has a profit motive and a bottom line. Please explain why even a single vote should hold sway over the will of 99.9% of the rest of the server.

I would fully support a poll - though to be clear, I am not advocating for one - and would gladly agree with whatever the results are. You could even limit it to one vote per IP address, or one vote per payment information if you wished. I am confident that the majority of individuals who play on the Aradune server would be in support of this change.
  18. Captain Video Augur

There isn't going to be any poll. Lobbying for polls is against forum rules.

EDIT: In before another off-the-rails thread is locked. :)
  19. Quik Augur

??? Because the FAQ literally STATED the 2 box limit before the server was even started and it STATED it would not change.

How is it even remotely fair to now tell them to change it? How is it fair to people who literally picked this server because they were hoping for fewer boxers and who still play on the server under that hope, to now change it to something they were told it would NEVER be?
  20. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

First of all, this post was not specifically directed at you or anyone else. The last thread was closed because people kept taking this discussion to a personal place with attacks and insults. If you feel targeted or offended by someone asking that a forums thread remain respectful or being asked to conduct yourself in a manner which will encourage a mature debate, I think that speaks more about how you choose to engage in an argument or debate and less about whether or not I have a red name or am employed by DPG.

If you fully support this rule, why is it that you find it so hard to argue against the rule change and not the individual asking for a change? I would think that anyone who is so passionately against a rule change would have a list of reasons why said rule change would be detrimental to the server and so far your only arguments have been that there is another server to transfer to or that we all clicked a box that said we agreed to the rule and rules must be maintained for the life of the server, no matter what.

The rule change, or lack thereof will not change the way I play on Aradune one way or the other. According to you it would affect you greatly yet you seem unable to produce a single argument as to the specific negative effects you feel it would have on you. I have already laid out why I think the rule is a flawed rule, and you can disagree with me as much as you want, but it still doesn't give me, or anyone else on this side of the debate an idea of WHY you feel it would be bad for the server.

I personally would much rather be arguing for a relaxation of Truebox to allow me to box one additional character on a single machine. I might start boxing if that were done. But the recent suspensions and poor implementation of this rule and the malicious petitions have caused me to realize how harmful this rule is to the overall health of the server.