Resurrection of old posts

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, Aug 11, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Not as bad as wizards!
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Of course. And if the old thread is relevant, necro away :)
    Wdor likes this.
  3. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

Tips for people bothered by necro'd threads:

1) Keep scrolling
    2) Don't reply to it
    3) Keep scrolling
  4. Mesc No $$$ Until the Experience is put back on Mobs!!!

Who are you to say what is and is not relevant to another player?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and CatsPaws like this.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

When you are dealing with years old information it can provide confusion to players as it can easily be out of date and wrong. At times it can be hard to notice that a thread is very old and is not up to date anymore.
  6. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and CatsPaws like this.
  7. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

That was a spearited post. Sad to see it locked for nothing more than...rules. Long live...errrr relive...undie...something in support of their continued existence...necros!
  8. Stymie Pendragon

I don't know if this forum software can do things like you and the OP suggested. For instance, they still don't have a mobile version 15 years after nearly all websites in the world added the feature.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

To be honest I don't think they have updated their forum software and I would say they are on a version that is at least 10 years old.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

But But But they have twitter and facebook! They are rockin. In the chairs. On the porch. With grandpa's pipe!

Really I don't begrudge them NOT spending the time, effort and manpower it would take to support and police the forums up to today's standards. The CL gets stuck with policing and deleting posts now. Seems kind of boring
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

I have actually made a reminder for this. In one years time I will PM you.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  12. Blastoff Augur

Sounds good
  13. Stymie Pendragon

:)

As you can tell from my signature, I just wish they would make some improvements to the aging forum software. It's extremely dated, without any nostalgic feel, and just feels forgotten. (Like the meme dog surrounded by fire, "This is fine.")

If you have access to a smartphone, I encourage you to reply to a post like this one, (no need to actually hit the post button) just to see what I'm talking about. I'm used to it by now, but it has a steep learning curve unlike any other website I've been on since the early 00's. It's fun when the preview text size is half the size of the text box. /s

My actual point, beyond grinding an axe, is that I don't believe that they have the ability to flag posts to auto-lock after a set period of time, nor do I think they can add a visual flag as has been suggested.

Perhaps I'm wrong? Both suggestions sound like good ideas to me, and I can see the value in having them implemented.
  14. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

15. Mesc No $$$ Until the Experience is put back on Mobs!!!

Just because you get confused easily does not mean everyone else does.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  16. Blastoff Augur

17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Who said this was about me being confused? I have seen plenty of posts where someone later realizes they responded to a very old thread that was necroed. There is a reason a lot of other places auto lock threads after a certain period of inactivity.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

This is the sort of crap I expected from some. It is sad. Easy topic. Folks could just give opinions nicely.

Forget about the actual topic its just sad that folks have to be like this.
    Koshk and Stymie like this.
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

You seem very upset over this. My apologies for upsetting you so much. It was just intended to be a discussion about it not get anyone hot and bothered.
  20. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Love ya, Cor. But...

Random person snarking random person for no reason is one thing.

When certain people cultivate a forum quest presence of disengenous constant impertinent comments.

They deserve a drive-by snark shoot, now and again.

We'll just see if they can take it. Or if the have to run for the shelter of that report button.
    Mesc likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.