Wave of suspensions last night

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dandamek, Aug 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dandamek Lorekeeper

Anybody else hit with a wave of suspensions from last night?
  2. code-zero Augur

Good, map hacks are worse than /afkers and people training for the health of the game.
  3. Tucoh Augur

Glad to see DPG continuing to take action against cheating. Hopefully, despite the inevitable outcry from players who got hit, there are few or no false positives.

It's disappointing that DPG holds to their strategy of "minimum information, maximum confusion" regarding reasons for banning. Maybe as the number of people who are cheating on a regular basis drops they will re-evaluate. I've never been suspended/warned, but as someone who uses third-party applications that fit within DPG's description of cheat programs it's discomforting to have such a close to my 22 year old characters and know I could be suspended without being "informed of the nature and cause of the accusation" and have zero recourse to find out what I can and can't use.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/what-constitutes-as-cheating.281242/

• Inner space boxer modifies the game client
    • Logitech gaming drivers (among many others) can be used to automate movement or actions in the game
    • GINA / Gamparse assist me in monopolizing an area
    So I figure there's a risk I'll get banned one day and have zero reason given to me for why!
    minimind and Skrab like this.
  4. Ghost Of Fippy Augur

Gee, the 13th 'I dindu nuffin' post in the past 12 hours.

Destined to be deleted by the Mods, in 3....2....1....
  5. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Ban all software at this point?

"As World of Warcraft has evolved, our policies have also evolved to support the health of the game and the needs of the players. We’ve examined the use of third-party input broadcasting software, which allows a single keystroke or action to be automatically mirrored to multiple game clients, and we've seen an increasingly negative impact to the game as this software is used to support botting and automated gameplay. The use of input broadcasting software that mirrors keystrokes to multiple WoW game clients will soon be considered an actionable offense. We believe this policy is in the best interests of the game and the community.

We will soon begin issuing warnings to all players who are detected using input broadcasting software to mirror commands to multiple accounts at the same time (often used for multi-boxing). With these warnings, we intend to notify players that they should not use this software while playing World of Warcraft. Soon thereafter, the warnings will escalate to account actions, which can include suspension and, if necessary, permanent closure of the player's World of Warcraft account(s). We strongly advise you to cease using this type of software immediately to maintain uninterrupted access to World of Warcraft.

Thank you for your understanding."
  6. Midnitewolf Augur

That is what I said actually. What I went on to say is that DB's lack of action on automated bot groups and other exploiters/cheaters that directly contribute to DB's Krono sales, encourages people to "cheat" as well in order to compete. I shouldn't be totally shut out of camping for a Circlet of Shadow because a Bot group using warping and instant cast spells happens to be camping the place 24/7 but inevitable I am. My choices are to A) Give up on getting one B) Pay an exploitative amount to get one because the Bots are controlling the camp or spawn or C) figure out a way to out cheat the cheaters. I am sorry to say that being left with those options is on DB for not emplacing and enforcing rules that allow for the game to be played in the manner it was intended.

In the end I choose to accept these absurd conditions and will eventually end up paying an exploitative amount to get my CoS I am sure but I can absolutely see how someone could feel they need to out cheat the cheaters to be able to get things they should normally be able to do so through normal game play. But hey that benefits DB as well, I mean I am going to be using Krono to buy the CoS so it is just more revenue for DB in the end so why should DB fix the issue right?

Edit and Addition: So the ban on cheaters goes out but from what I have seen, the bot farmers are still in full swing while people who are mostly playing the game by the rules are the ones seemingly to get banned for using cheats. Something seems wrong here. If they are banning all cheaters, why are the bot farmers who are obviously cheating always seem unaffected.
  7. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

ChiiChii and Skuz like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.