Level Lock in live server

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rommelchan, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Rommelchan New Member

May i know how to lock my level in live server? i tried put all my exp to 100% AA, but once the AA is maxed, i got exp and level up. I just want to lock my level for past content. please feel free to reply.
  2. Alnitak Augur

Go to PoK, bind yourself in the pond underwater, remove the helm (which has Faerune) and start drowning. Soon enough you'll be a sweet new level 1 toon. After about 1200 deaths.
    Nennius likes this.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

Cruel but true. Another is to have persistent issues logging in. Other choices? :mad:
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Basically there is no way to "level" lock your character other than to die and lose a level over and over and over.

You can do that a couple ways, have a necro sacrifice you, jump off a cliff, let a high level mob kill you etc.

Past content can be done at any level, I have not run into a quest or anything that said I was too high of a level to do it.
  5. Annastasya Augur

Can you not spend your AA on temporary things like glyphs and such to continue making space for more AAs and thus not earn any real xp?
  6. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Yep, this is exactly what the 'fireworks' AA is for.
  7. Rommelchan New Member

I am sliver access, my AA is maxed and locked to earn. I just wanna to lock my level and enjoy the old content i missed after a long long AFK
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

$14.99 a month?
    Duder likes this.
  9. Rommelchan New Member

Thanks for your suggestion. I don't understand why i have to spend my times to "de level" rather than enjoy and play the games. By compare with other MMO , it is really strange nowadays
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You don't have to spend your time to "de level" It is your choice to play old quests at low level - you don't have to at all.

In fact you are possible the only person I have heard of that wants to do this. Most who prefer this play style just pony up the monthly membership fee and play on the TLP servers where levels are locked.

I take a lot of pleasure doing the old quests even though my characters are over level 100. Yes, they are way easy but still fun.Just finished some in level 30 Cresent Reach last week. Level does not matter.
    Straahdx, Duder, Wdor and 1 other person like this.
  11. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Seek out your friendly neighborhood necromancer.

Just click yes on the box, it includes a free TL to bind.
    Winnowyl, Fanra, Arkanny and 3 others like this.
  12. Bernel Augur

I also would like a level lock. In my case, it's so that my high-level character can continue to group with my lower-level ones. I want to keep him within group exp range and at a lower level so he doesn't soak up all the exp. It'd be nice to just turn of his exp, but I haven't found a way to do that. I just de-level him as necessary.
  13. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Always have emeralds. Always have Sac on 'Buff' spell set.

Isn't/wasn't there an upper limit (max level) to sacrifice? And lower limit is 46?
  14. Laronk Augur

When aa is maxed, you can buy glyph of fireworks for 25 aa and make a show and keep buying that AA
    Syylke_EMarr likes this.
  15. Zunnoab Augur

I think it's pretty standard in other MMORPGs now to be able to scale down in level. I know coding that isn't feasible with staffing limitations and more important things, but it's not a strange request.
  16. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I use fellowship splitting to lower XP gain on characters I don't want to level. Like my 95 RoF raid geared SK I use to PL other characters from 65 to 72 with one mass pull. It's super fun when the loot window starts talking 1-2 seconds to update each kill because it's so full.
  17. Shillingworth Augur

This is exactly what I did with 3 of my alts long ago. They were even in guilds full of people choosing to do the same. However they leveled slowly because they focused more on chasing storylines in lore, doing old obscure quests, and a variety of activities to explore what was there when we blazed through it on our mains. That was before XP was smoothed out across the board, when much of the game was far below optimal for a given range.