We need better safeguards in place for resellers cornering markets.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by WorriedinNorrath, Aug 10, 2022.

1. WorriedinNorrath Elder

Currently on Tunare one person is buying up all of the ToL gear from sellers and reselling it at a set price. This has been an ongoing issue for years and hurts the average player. Can the devs please brainstorm ideas on how to solve this? Maybe a 24 hour timer on when you can resell an item?. A set number of items per trader?

Anything would help. Thank you.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I am not seeing this at all. Could you give an example of the items? At least 4 or 5 different ones. Just curious.

Right now I see a variety of the Ice Encrusted items from over 10 sellers. Not much snowbound but that has a few sellers on it. But I have been able to completely outfit over 4 characters in snowbound easily from different sellers and dirt cheap.
  3. Warpeace Augur

So, someone is buying gear from players and reselling it at a higher price?

This is shocking.
    Duder, code-zero and Velisaris_MS like this.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Well, it is a problem if you want returnees and newcomers who aren't billionaires, to engage in /baz.

Personally, I have given up on /baz years ago, but maybe the devs haven't...
  5. Metanis Bad Company

There are so few of those that I doubt anybody is getting rich trying to corner the market on selling chase loot to them.
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I cornered the market on jalepenos once. Things got hot quick.
    Sprooce, Nennius, Duder and 1 other person like this.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Stock Market Report
    Helium was up, feathers were down. Paper was stationary.

Fluorescent tubing was dimmed in light trading. Knives were up sharply. Pencils lost a few points.

Hiking equipment was trailing. Elevators rose, while escalators continued their slow decline. Weights were up in heavy trading.

Mining equipment hit rock bottom. Diapers remained unchanged.

The market for raisins dried up. Balloon prices were inflated. And toilet paper touched a new bottom.
    Wdor, Duder, Yinla and 2 others like this.
  8. Loup Garou De loop de loop

As he said its TOL gear and it would be amazing if returnees and newcomers could even wear that gear for a while.

Gear is easy to quest up to at least level 100 and a little higher. Then one can start looking at the baz if they wish to spend plat on that or they can just go farm it themselves.

Really I am on Tunare also and I don't see what he is talking about either
  9. Conq Augur

Looks like it's time to /bazaar some ToL tradeskill gear on Tunare!
    Conq
  10. DruidCT Augur

Pretty sure on my server if someone asked in general for ToL tradeable visibles someone would just give them a set.... a better example is probably glowing spells, i've seen these get bought up and resold at higher prices for a long time, only in the last couple months has the price started to come down on my server (naturally right about when I started having a surplus of them)
    Flatchy and code-zero like this.
  11. Duder Augur

The natural economies of any server should never be manipulated by development. (Developers should ALWAYS take action on the cheating traders). The act of buying and reselling is a natural, fair, fair-gamed, and eternal process that will happen in every single economy you will be involved with for your entire life. Thank goodness this isn't real life though. If you don't like something about the server your on, try a different one. Ask around about the servers, talk to people, make a low level char on that server and engage with their general chat. If you find one you like better, transfer there. Asking for developers or moderators to "do something" about people buying and reselling goods is at best, naive and ignorant.
    Wdor likes this.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

start buying up the same stuff and sell it for a bit less then the other person. Eventually either they buy your stuff or they start under pricing you and eventually the prices go down. Done it to folks trying to corner the market on things many times. They have a right to try and corner a market and I have the right to mess them up when they try. Its no biggie to me I enjoy playing the baz part of the game.

For the last year my game time has been very limited but I encourage others with lots of plat to get into the baz game and bring down the prices themselves while still making a reasonable amount of plat.

Unless someone trying to corner the market is using cheat tools the only reason they are cornering it is because others are letting them corner it. Now those trying to make every last plat in the baz and who try to corner markets may get a sore bum but hey you would just be fighting fire with fire and you both would be playing within the rules of the game. No need for the devs to get involved.
    Wdor, Marton and Nennius like this.
  13. Nennius Curmudgeon

/Cue salsa music