Tranquil Blessings Should Be Active For All Group Buffs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by I_Love_My_Bandwidth, Aug 9, 2022.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Tranquil Blessings should be active for all group buffs, the AA moved to 'Passive' and autogranted at level 85. Same restrictions apply except recast. The recast is an absolutely pointless restriction.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Why not just make all group buffs into AE buffs and remove the need for tranquil blessings in the first place?
  3. Rolaque Ancient

Out of combat only, unless you mean to open Pandora's box.
    Duder likes this.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

If group heals and group HoTs were exempt, it would be possible. Raid priests use MGB to heal raids. Making group heals and HoTs full-time MGB would (gasp!) upset the delicate balance.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Bolded the part you missed.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Right now tranquil blessings has a 30 second reuse timer which isn't really that bad. Seems to me like there would be more issues and exploits that could be done if it was on for every cast by default.
  7. tsiawdroi TittyGOAT

Would love to be able to tb arbor stalker enrichment! Also think making the next NPT a group buff would make many enchanters happy..
    Winnowyl, Hobitses and FranktheBank like this.
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I'll be honest. I have not gone over every spell/ability with a fine-tooth comb to look for potential exploits. 30 seconds isn't that bad, but it also isn't a big ask to have it removed either.
    Duder likes this.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Maybe, but I am also concerned that a change to it would have unintended consequences to how the ability can be used and remove some possible uses for it.

A quick issue is that you go to buff your group and it auto AE buffs which puts you in combat or gives you an ooc timer when you don't want one.
  10. Alnitak Augur

It's not even opening of Pandora box. It's raiding Amazon warehouse of problems.
    Every pesky Levitation, IVU, Composite, Inviso, Sonata etc becomes an AE, and puts the caster on a hate list from mobs next door if your neighbrs are engaged in fight.
    Nice going.
    Winnowyl, Vumad, Duder and 3 others like this.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

So, if you wanted to avoid all that, just have it work in PoK, GH, and GL :)

Frankly, I'd be thrilled if they just ditched the timer, and kept everything else the same. When I buff up in PoK, I will TB all the buffs, when I remember and when I have time, so that everyone near me gets the benefit. I don't always remember or have time. Ditching the timer would solve half that problem. Being able to do it more often/every time would form a habit, and solve the other problem ;)
  12. Alnitak Augur

It appears that Unity lines were instroduced to ease up lives of buffers. The spells, which cast multiple buffs at once. These days most of my characters cast 2-3 group buffs (that's 40-80 seconds total, including TB cool-downs). And those buffs last long time. I see no good reason to alter game mechanics (as auto-TB for all group buffs as passive AA) to just save somebody 40 seconds every 2 hours.
    My beastlord TBs 2 spells, Chanter 2 spells + rune situationally, Cleric - 1-2 spells, Ranger/Paladin 1, Shaman 2-3 TB buffs if present, Mage casts 1, Druid 1 if present. Other group buffs are rarely cast at all.
    TB cooldown is not an issue at all.
    Other buffs like Paragon is not at multi-group AE intentionally, to balance its use on raids.
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Not an issue to you. It's an issue to me. I'd still like to see it (removing the timer, not making everything auto-TB), and it wouldn't break anything.

The other part you may be missing. I'm casting buffs from 5 chars. So, that's waiting for TB refreshes on each one. Yeah, I could rotate through the chars. That's a PITA, and I'm not even remotely a 300 apm kinda guy.
  14. MageGuy MageGuy

Agreed. Remove the TB reuse time. Or, at min, give us ability to reduce the reuse time.
  15. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

+1.

Also, make all buffs land on Level 1 characters. I’m tired of trying to think what the level tiers are for buffs. It makes less likely to be nice.
    Winnowyl, Hobitses and Stymie like this.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Or, if they won't do that, at least let the game figure out which old buff WOULD land on them, and apply that buff :)
    Hobitses, Duder and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  17. error Augur

As long as it's a toggle I don't see any potential issues. Obviously you wouldn't want to mass buff all the time and end up getting on other groups' mobs' hatelists.
  18. Fenthen aka Rath

WTB group Shining, will literally give sexual favors and/or lots of outdated gear that I can't sell in the bazaar.
    Hegsheoshed likes this.
  19. Vumad Cape Wearer

Always on TB is not a good idea for many reasons. Reducing the recast delay would be fine.

ENC have 3 spell guards in addition to our 2 buffs. It would be nice if ENC got an AA with the same restrictions as TB that cast the highest know level of both Legions (Liako & Xetheg) and Auspice. Couldn't be abused during events but could make life easier before events start.

We also have a group rune that is not MGB-able and that should be changed to MGB.

And it would be nice to have a unity spell that does C and Haste. So many other classes have unity lines for buffs but we don't.
    MacDubh likes this.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Just thought of another reason this would be bad. If you are buffing your group in a combat zone and nearby there is a group that has a large train they can't control. Your buff becomes an AE and hits them causing you to get agro and after they die/evac away that large train comes your way and causes you problems.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.