Extended Target, Click From Bags, and other TLP QoL Upgrades

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by McJumps, Feb 24, 2021.

1. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

You do make some good points. I am even willing to concede that OOC regen wouldn't be something that would be viable until like Omens of War, without seriously altering the way the game would be played. But can we at least agree that aggro meters built into the UI isnt a huge power increase, and should be given at like level 50 or something? If we can get Extended Target window at level 20, I don't see why not.
  2. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Bumping this for visibility since I think its something that needs to be addressed before the next round of TLPs. Aggro meters should be in the game before Rain of Fear, and so should the ability to purchase from the bazaar from anywhere in Norrath and have the purchased items delivered to the parcel. OOC regen is a more debatable topic, but I think it needs to be in the game before TSS. Thoughts?
  3. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

So, we have achieved 2 out of the three things I asked for originally in this thread. Lets see if we can make it 3 for 3. Please add aggro meters to the default UI on TLP servers. Im not sure where a good starting place for this would be. PoP? GoD? TSS? Anything earlier than Rain of Fear would be greatly appreciated.
  4. Healiez Augur

I dont see why agro meters cant be put in with all the QoL stuff they added...

Or just use an SK tank for your MT and never worry about agro again.
  5. Midnitewolf Augur

VP key quests needs a serious revamp as well. There are other threads about this so won't go into detail why this needs to happen ASAP.
  6. Zapsos Augur

Not sure how that's relevant in a UI QOL thread, but yeah... VP key quest sucks
  7. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

8. Tweakfour17 Augur

PatCleric likes this.
  9. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Ive been asking them to phase out Truebox somewhere in the 70s stretch since Phinny was in that era. It seems like it finally paid off with the way they are doing Truebox on Vaniki and Yelinak. Hopefully, if it goes well there, we can roll that change over to every other TLP server, both existing and future ones.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  10. Master Kahleem Augur

I hope "OOC" regen makes it to every single TLP in the future, even classic ones.

Previously, I was disgusted by OOC regen and hated it thinking it to not be "true" EQ.

Now? Holy moly, after Vaniki I won't be able to touch another TLP without OOC regen, not even "classic" launch ones. It's such a massive QOL that doesn't ruin the game, at all, that I'm not sure I'll come out of my cave for future TLP without it.

:'(
  11. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

As far as I know the plan is for all future TLP to have Out of Combat regen go in with GoD. I am glad to see people who previously had a negative opinion of something they considered to not be "true" EQ changing their minds. Many things that were added to the game with later expansions are simply QoL upgrades to the game and/or UI and I see no reason for them to continue to be locked to the particular era in which they were originally introduced.

Most of those QoL upgrades were addressed with this thread and I consider it to be a great success. The only thing I can currently think of that might improve future TLPs at this point would be adding Raid Currency to raids before Veil of Alaris. But I suspect that would be a lot more work as far as coding, introducing new NPCs and other things behind the scenes, so it may not be a feasible change.
    Appren and Tweakfour17 like this.